What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Update on the stressful situation at my building --
This morning I left a voicemail message for the Minister to Seniors at the local church affiliated with this apartment building, telling him briefly about my concerns.
A couple of hours later I got a call from the director here telling me not to worry about the KittenCat, that I will be given several days' notice when work will be done in my apartment, and to let her know when I receive the notice, as she will take care of my cat and me.
About 5 minutes after this conversation the Minister to Seniors called me "just to get back to me about my voicemail message." I have a sneaking suspicion that he got my message, called the director here and talked with her, and that that is why she FINALLY called me. ;)
She has not proved herself reliable in the past but I have logged our conversation, an outside "authority" figure knows about it, and thankfully the KittenCat knows nothing about it all and is right now purring and making biscuits on my lap.
And I am utterly exhausted.
Thank you all for your kindness and support and feedback with my venting and worries. :happy:
A problem shared is a problem halved. It's good to be able to get it off your chest, amongst friends who understand.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
18-12-19
@Debandez please can I have the recipe for the rum truffles? They look delicious and
@SaskiaKC How very inconsiderate of management to arrange major works over Christmas. Don't they have to have some kind of consultation? Although it's likely whatever date they picked would not suit someone. Also paying workmen double/triple time, can this really be economic sense?
Get your battle plan into action ASAP. Good luck.
@Krystyna23040 those gloves sound wonderfully warm. As a person who feels the cold, might well have bought a pair myself.
@trick60 thanks for the reminder. I have years of nectar points to use.

Another disturbed and hungry night. Gave in about 2am had a couple slices of ham and some water.
This morning 5.6
Have to be up-and-at-em today, we have the builders arriving to finally get our plasterboards inside. This involves a scaffold, four men and removing an upstairs window. Impossible to get 8x4 sheets up a spiral staircase. Ofc if the builder had come as planned on 4-11 We would not have the problem.

Edited to correct predictive text error.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and a very happy international bin day from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of cheery smiles disguising grudging applause slid out a rare but nevertheless marvelous to see 4.5 this am

Low reading was probably because I didn’t eat very much yesterday. I did though re-introduce the word elevenses into my lexicon of culinary events. It replaces the word “brunch” and although not as flexible time wise, I will be sloppy with it. After all time is a mere construct and not at all constant. I had a great aunt called Constance; no resemblance to the word in reality.

Have a wonderful day if you can, virtual hugs for all feeling the strain.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
18-12-19
@Debandez please can I have the recipe for the rum truffles? They look delicious and
@SaskiaKC How very inconsiderate of management to arrange major works over Christmas. Don't they have to have some kind of consultation? Although it's likely whatever date they picked would not suit someone. Also paying workmen double/triple time, can this really be economic sense?
Get your battle plan into action ASAP. Good luck.
@Krystyna23040 those gloves sound wonderfully warm. As a person who feels the cold, might well have bought a pair myself.
@trick60 thanks for the reminder. I have years of nectar points to use.

Another disturbed and hungry night. Face in about 2am had a couple slices of ham and some water.
This morning 5.6
Have to be up-and-at-em today, we have the builders arriving to finally get our plasterboards inside. This involves a scaffold, four men and removing an upstairs window. Impossible to get 8x4 sheets up a spiral staircase. Ofc if the builder had come as planned on 4-11 We would not have the problem.

Here you go. My advice, put lots more rum in!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191218-082447_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20191218-082447_Word.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 82

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today.
Incredibly I now have a cold and a tickly cough! Hopefully short lived as me and Eric out tonight on our works Christmas do. Table for 2. Local hotel, dinner and show (dancers, comedien, singer) £25 each. Dancing at the end of the show. I hope the boss gets all the drinks in. Oh hang on, that's me ;-) better get to that cash machine! Eric drinks gin like it's going to run out any minute! I hope they do rhubarb and ginger, it's his fave. I will sneakily order doubles, great way of getting him on the dancefloor strutting his stuff!!!

Today's agenda. I have had my January date confirmed by my gp surgery for my monthly pt to pt support clinic. 15th. So I have my leaflets ready to put up at the 5 surgeries that work together. January's clinic will be diabetes support one. If I use my weight loss the low carb way leaflet I think I will have a queue out the door!

I'm going to nip in town to get my nails done. No appointment necessary. I had sparkly red last time and will have the same this time. Very festive.

18th Dec already. It really is flying by. My new grandchild (sex unknown to anyone at this point) is due 3rd Jan. My daughter is a teacher. It's her last day in school Friday. How she has managed to work up to the last minute I will never know. Currently see her bump coming around the corner 5 minutes before she appears! Just a waiting game now. Excited.

Happy Wednesday to all.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 and the HC selector pack is now empty! Have to be quick as my power being switched off at 0900 for 5 hours for maintenance work. Why on the 18 Dec when all our fridges are full of festive food :banghead: @SaskiaKC you have made great progress so well done for persevering. The horse is adorable and a kind act...I love the idea of you cantering around on it :) @trick60 only two more sleeps and your Christmas starts. @DJC3 great festive bin bags and hope you get somewhere with the allergy investigation. @HarryBeau Olivia will play all day so expect the kittens to be exhausted when you get back. @Debandez thanks for posting the recipe. Sorry if I have overlooked anyone but the clock is ticking down, must dash. Hugs to all.
Stay/get well, stay safe.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love Twitter. Great platform for spreading info.

This past week I've been sharing infographs. Infographs which show items of food and their equivalent sugars. Large jacket potatoes always draw the crowds with 19 teaspoons of sugar in one!

Here is today's tweet:

When I do my pt to pt sessions at my GP surgery or my talks to whoever will listen I do this demo. I pour the sugar from my breakfast, lunch and dinner pre diagnosis into 1 large Tupperware. GASPS!

This was just an average day, many days I consumed MORE sugar than this. Hence #T2D

Attachments

• 20191201_130734_resized.jpg
    20191201_130734_resized.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 68

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today. Doggie walk done - it was lovely to stop and chat to other dog walkers instead of rushing off home to get ready for work.
Sounds great and the chatting to other dog walkers is something I miss massively. I could just walk but a) people are less inclined to chat and b) involuntarily on a no exercise routine (although I may break that as I am so bored)

Reactions: DJC3 and alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, sorry to report ab normal greetings are continuing, the joys of a heavily suppressed immune system.

A strange 6.3 this national bin day morning.

Well yesterday all my troubles seemed here to stay.
My new blood sugar meter packed up grrrrr and also my tablet died a death grrrrr grrrrr. Hence I spent most of yesterday fixing my meter and setting up my new ( old ) tablet, nearly there.

Enough of my tribulations enjoy today, get into trouble just because you can and two fingers to the world.

Footnote @ianpspurs what's wrong with a Welsh flag painted on my little finger nail?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.2 this morning on my my spare meter as the one I normally use just keeps switching its self off just as starting test went through several strips before giving up on it grr.

Had to larf yesterday when reading Sainsbury's have had to withdraw their egg bites from the shelves as they had neglected to list eggs on the ingredients labels.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and a very happy international bin day from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of cheery smiles disguising grudging applause slid out a rare but nevertheless marvelous to see 4.5 this am

Low reading was probably because I didn’t eat very much yesterday. I did though re-introduce the word elevenses into my lexicon of culinary events. It replaces the word “brunch” and although not as flexible time wise, I will be sloppy with it. After all time is a mere construct and not at all constant. I had a great aunt called Constance; no resemblance to the word in reality.

Have a wonderful day if you can, virtual hugs for all feeling the strain.

A great Bluegrass Band this is a song we often murder at our gigs, Mrs MC plays a mean lap steal guitar.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Olivia will play all day so expect the kittens to be exhausted when you get back
I'm not going to the office until around 2pm so she is doing the afternoon early evening shift PM...just back from Wood Green the last of their injections...what a fiasco it took ages to Get Lola in the basket...then we set off I'd forgotten my phone with all my cards in it so had to turn back...then we met the bin lorry so crawled along behind it...home now just topping & tailing my paperwork and a quick tidy before I set off.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A great Bluegrass Band this is a song we often murder at our gigs, Mrs MC plays a men's lap steal guitar.
@Muddy Cyclist , I love this genre of music. I was introduced to it by a couple of guys called Pete Stanley and Wizz Jones who used to stay with us when I was a boy. We spent some time walking in the Appalachians in the 90’s and then stayed with family in Asheville, North Carolina for a summer of singing, clogging and all things Pete Seeger (my mum is great friends with Peggy, still alive and living in Oxford).