What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good move, you don't want to expose those new youngsters in your life to too many expletives just yet. :joyful:
MC this is just a thought... that may have happened already...particularly when Lola managed to sneak a cracker off the Christmas tree...I rescued it just in time!...this is not a confession just a thought...so I distracted them with this.[

ATTACH=full]37313[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• charlie & Lola post.JPG
    charlie & Lola post.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Various problems with IT and deliveries and collections. None of it our fault but very time consuming. Won't go into it here because it would take forever to type out.

Then husband clicked a dodgy link in a text. No idea why he did it. So have given him a verbal warning. Maybe a bit too verbal as my stress levels were a bit high because of the other IT issue.

This morning torrential rain with flooding forecast so no doggie walking as the rain really is torrential. Maybe another coffee before I start doing admin.

Reactions: DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.0 at 0700. But it is eye injection day and I am always rightly or wrongly stressed. Its at lunchtime so will do a bit of last minute wrapping before then.
The weather here in the last 24 hours has been truly awful so hope you are all ok where you are. After two Christmas days without power I am just hoping ours stays connected. Very upsetting events going on in Oz. My boys will both be home by the end of today so that will gladden my heart.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
hope the injection goes well and your eye is not too uncomfortable afterwards.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Various problems with IT and deliveries and collections. None of it our fault but very time consuming. Won't go into it here because it would take forever to type out.

Then husband clicked a dodgy link in a text. No idea why he did it. So have given him a verbal warning. Maybe a bit too verbal as my stress levels were a bit high because of the other IT issue.

This morning torrential rain with flooding forecast so no doggie walking as the rain really is torrential. Maybe another coffee before I start doing admin.
https://genius.com/Florrie-forde-pack-up-your-troubles-in-your-old-kit-bag-lyrics

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a chirpy garden filled with birds at the bird feeders.

The wonder wheel of a roller coaster ride in and out of the red yesterday settled on a 4.1 this am. At a low of 2.7 yesterday, Mrs Miggins declared fish and chips, one portion, shared. Still, sledgehammers at the ready.

I had to delay my trip to the Don War Memorial Bar and Veterans Hub until yesterday but it was still there, waiting. Took a photo so that you could see what it’s like.

Have a Wonderful day if you can (it is a state of mind - you just decide and then put your chimp back in it’s box). Massive hugs and best wishes to @SaskiaKC for such mental anguish and good for you for putting up and decorating your tree. Now get that guitar out and sing.

upload_2019-12-20_9-41-8.jpeg

upload_2019-12-20_9-41-39.jpeg

Reactions: DJC3 and mojo37

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another 5.9 today despite too many carbs ...the twists and turns of this condition eh . Hope you all have a good weekend I have no work till Christmas eve so nice break :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a chirpy garden filled with birds at the bird feeders.

I bought a bird feeder yesterday and hung it on the little ornamental cherry tree outside the dining room. I forgot that Dennis barks at birds ( a lot), I’m going to have to move it, we all have headaches!

ETa brilliant photos by the way, what a place.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.0 at 0700. But it is eye injection day and I am always rightly or wrongly stressed. Its at lunchtime so will do a bit of last minute wrapping before then.
The weather here in the last 24 hours has been truly awful so hope you are all ok where you are. After two Christmas days without power I am just hoping ours stays connected. Very upsetting events going on in Oz. My boys will both be home by the end of today so that will gladden my heart.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Hope the injection went as well as last time. I keep popping in here to see if you are relaxing on the sofa yet.
We’ve had a LOT of rain, it’s stopped now and the upside is the most beautiful vibrant rainbow. I wish I could do it justice in a photo.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Song of the 7.7th

... And at the break of day, we turned our ponies' heads away, full knowing we would not gain more than a glimpse of the McGarrett Plain ...
On higher ground we gathered round our guide, a warrior of the OoM'finga tribe, seeking advice.
"One might pierce twice," he counseled, counting as his purrfurred councillor bounceled ...
"Or fast from all but snausages, emulating Good SenDennis ...
"Or bop twelve sets of tennis ... which has some effect on blood and muscle ..."
"Too much of a tussle," opined One.
"Far too much bustle," said a second.
... "So -- we're done?" inquired a third. "So we should herd these cats and kittens up the hill again?"
"That would be quittin'," voiced a fourth. "I'm in for the duration.
"As blood is red, we'll take this 5-O nation
And make it ours. Come -- sally forth!'
"Talisker fifth!" -- a rousing yell --
"We'll win this war, as sure as ... well ...
As sure as we'll post scores upon the door!"

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. Fbg shown on the meter (at 1 point) as 5.3 but best not to rely on that as reality. @Debandez re the red dress - think about my username and the implications of that much red - not an option @trick60 hope the last day treats you well and the break is all you could wish for. @Muddy Cyclist hectic, stressful life at the moment interspersed with some sublime moments from what I can gather. @SaskiaKC link primarily for you and technically for evening but gave me a lovely, peaceful start to the day - hope it works for others. Part of the O antiphons

Thank you, @ianpspurs . That is lovely. I have sung Plainsong, and I have sung in Latin. I don't remember if I have sung Plainsong in Latin, but this has just taken my soul to another place, of peace. Thank you.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Song of the 7.7th

... And at the break of day, we turned our ponies' heads away, full knowing we would not gain more than a glimpse of the McGarrett Plain ...
On higher ground we gathered round our guide, a warrior of the OoM'finga tribe, seeking advice.
"One might pierce twice," he counseled, counting as his purrfurred councillor bounceled ...
"Or bop twelve sets of tennis ... which has some effect on blood and muscle ..."
... "So -- we're done?" inquired a third. "So we should herd these cats and kittens up the hill again?"

Brilliant Saskia, I'll have some of what you're drinking, who is this Sally and why is she only fourth.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning for me.
Lovely tree @SaskiaKC I hope it has helped lift your spirits. What does the KC have to say about it?
Have a great last day at work all those who are finishing today for Christmas.
@Muddy Cyclist that’s a great fbg after a mince pie - well deserved. Hope your day goes well and the gig is joyful.

Thank you. :) The KittenCat helped me unpack the ornaments yesterday, but mostly just wanted me to hurry up and finish so that she could access my lap for a catnap. ^. .^

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awww ... thank you! I love them. :) ^. .^
So do we Saskia those innocent little faces...just back from the last of the Christmas shopping...boy it's savage out there I was feeling quite smug did all my shopping online...we're out for Christmas lunch & they have a couple of extra guests so need to find something for them...but also found a new toy for the kittens...I must stop doing that...glad it's cheered you a little...bloasted management Grinch's

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Song of the 7.7th

I quite enjoyed that, very clever, hope @jjraak sees it.