What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 2 of this journey looks much more doable and includes balsamic vinegar so must be a keeper. Not intending to post all days. This is just the 1st time anything from DD has looked sensible to me.

Liking the new take and try of DD.

Hoping it offers a satisfying experience, taste wise as well as BG wise.
Certainly sounds delicious.

Enjoy.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Liking the new take and try of DD.

Hoping it offers a satisfying experience, taste wise as well as BG wise.
Certainly sounds delicious.

Enjoy.
Thanks - goes against most of what I believe in terms of so little veg/salad. Also need to keep an eye on weight as I reckon I have <2 kgs wriggle room for weight loss. If I substitute doable for delicious we agree.
Edit: Return of gout would be a deal breaker as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning with a 6 today.

Watching the clouds they seem to be scurrying but all seems calm outside, must be a south Westly from which we are sheltered.

@gennepher another great painting, liked the colour of the light and splatter of paint, Jackson Pollock trees in Drip Method painting, now that could be interesting.

@dunelm Whitby sounds and looks worth a visit, I have considered it a few time in my VW camper but looking on google maps all the touring sites looked huge, not my thing, will have to do some more research and find small ones.

Two days of family ahead so lots to keep me in mischief :joyful:

Take all you can from your day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 - a bit higher than usual. Was finding the week really hard work so yesterday had way to much cream which always puts my fasting blood sugars up. Even though I know that this always happens I still did it - when will I ever learn.

Back on the straight and narrow today. Doggies walk, lunch and flask of coffee made and off to work shortly.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2 of this journey looks much more doable and includes balsamic vinegar so must be a keeper. Not intending to post all days. This is just the 1st time anything from DD has looked sensible to me.
That actually looks rather good.

Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Straight 6.0 for me

Fbg 6.8

My daily painting challenge to myself...

View attachment 37748
I think I got a bit carried away with the splattering of paint ....it is enjoyable to splatter paint....I must do a Jackson Pollock one of these days...

Have a good weekend.
Hugs for those who need them.
A wee bit of wind here...that is the wind in the garden blowing my trees...

I've been keeping up with my friends on Oz who had to leave their home because of the fires. Your painting is just like the photos they've been posting. Tragically beautiful :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...cold here but thankfully dry so far...a reasonable sleep then up full speed to complete the most important task of the day releasing the beasts & feeding them...they are full on ten seconds after eating so my coffee break was short & sweet...must have a good tidy & de-clutter over the weekend then sort out the taxman (oh how I hate him)… dam it going in for more caffeine I need it...woke to a 5.8

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.2 on the dice, lots of family coming for tea which is always nice, but the dreaded buffet of doom will offer up some serious temptation.
Have a lovely day people.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Straight 6.0 for me

I've been keeping up with my friends on Oz who had to leave their home because of the fires. Your painting is just like the photos they've been posting. Tragically beautiful :)

It is very bad there. I hope your friends keep safe.
My daughter and her family and my grandchildren live in Oz.
They have a plan in place, and leave their home when there is a catastrophic warning. But so far when that warning is downgraded, they have been able to return home.
I haven't looked at any photos or videos on the fires (and I don't have a telly).

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That actually looks rather good.
Not much tomato, avocado, EVO or ACV :arghh: Absence of inulin, chia seeds or flaxseeds so transit may be non existent - proper head squeezing time methinks.:bigtears: Having a CWC (2 tsps cream seems like a waste of time at least in a strength 4 Nespresso. ( I obviously need much milder) in my new BSC mug which may well be useless to me for a while:angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning with a 6 today.

Watching the clouds they seem to be scurrying but all seems calm outside, must be a south Westly from which we are sheltered.

@gennepher another great painting, liked the colour of the light and splatter of paint, Jackson Pollock trees in Drip Method painting, now that could be interesting.

@dunelm Whitby sounds and looks worth a visit, I have considered it a few time in my VW camper but looking on google maps all the touring sites looked huge, not my thing, will have to do some more research and find small ones.

Two days of family ahead so lots to keep me in mischief :joyful:

Take all you can from your day.
Not sure how small a site you are looking for. Is there anything on here - https://www.campsites.co.uk/search/campsites-in-yorkshire/whitby/folly-gardens-campsite

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is very bad there. I hope your friends keep safe.
My daughter and her family and my grandchildren live in Oz.
They have a plan in place, and leave their home when there is a catastrophic warning. But so far when that warning is downgraded, they have been able to return home.
I haven't looked at any photos or videos on the fires (and I don't have a telly).

My friends went to stay in Sydney (they live in the Blue Mountains), luckily their house was saved but their neighbours lost theirs. There is still a backburn risk so they are staying in the city for a while.

edit to show an example of the fires there in relation to your painting

fg.png

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My friends went to stay in Sydney (they live in the Blue Mountains), luckily their house was saved but their neighbours lost theirs. There is still a backburn risk so they are staying in the city for a while.

edit to show an example of the fires there in relation to your painting

View attachment 37751

Ah @OldButBold I see what you mean as regards the painting...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Four and a half years late but, talking about calories and 1 other issue aside, I think this finally helped me to understand satiety, satiation and fullness. May help others. My other reservation is I really dislike any references to mindfulness but of course YMMV.
https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/healthy-eating/satiety-vs-satiation-part-1 Does make sense of the huge amounts of cucumber I ate/eat and sheer number of 800 mls mugs of tea I need in a day. Hope it helps others but I am v,v, odd - innit.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, late on parade. Was awake for a couple of hours between 3 and 5ish. Went back into deep sleep, very pressurised dream rather than nightmare so woke suddenly and late to 6.3. Tea has sorted me out.
@dunlelm Whitby looks and sounds lovely. When Mr PM retires a trip to Yorkshire is on the list, a out 35 years ago we stayed somewhere remote with friends and it was freezing but beautiful. Did a lovely visit to York. @Muddy Cyclist Inremember watching on Countryfile where a sheep farmer right by the shore who released them onto the shore at low tide to eat the sea sorrel and other herbs and trainedthem to come back when the tide turned and he onky had to shut the gate. The thing was he had a small field high up overlooking this which he opened up for campers. It was glorious though not sure if it was Yorkshire but I think you would have liked it. @ianpspurs that menu doesnt look half bad, better than the Mushroom omelette. @gennepher that is a very stirring painting. I though of you yesterday as I was under a rug with a cat at 16.45 and I was looking out a very pretty pink sky between the Scots Pines.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daily effort, a tad rushed, a bit dark, probably the influence of all those colours in @gennepher picture and drama of the terrible Australian Fires. Sticking with my Sea pictures, this is from a photo I took at Aldeburgh one October a few years ago, not so dramatic, my the paint ran away with me and there is no easy way of lightening up watercolour. A4 size took about 90 mins, will not be using it as an idea for my commission, I think I need to include some large waves not a flat sea....

IMG_2456.JPG

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily effort, a tad rushed, a bit dark, probably the influence of all those colours in @gennepher picture and drama of the terrible Australian Fires. Sticking with my Sea pictures, this is from a photo I took at Aldeburgh one October a few years ago, not so dramatic, my the paint ran away with me and there is no easy way of lightening up watercolour. A4 size took about 90 mins, will not be using it as an idea for my commission, I think I need to include some large waves not a flat sea....

View attachment 37752

i'm seeing the end of a most wonderful day and the most glorious of sunsets..Likey :)