What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 today. Yay! McGarrett. Happy happy happy.
Now to catch up on over 100 posts I’ve missed. I can immediately see today’s painting by @gennepher above: another evocative picture which draws you in.
Oh and Happy Birthday @Muddy Cyclist , hope it’s a smashing day.
Ps Good morning all.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
an unhappy 7.0...The T2 Bond...

"So at last we meet, Mr Bond."

"Sho we Do, Dr NO....or shhhould i Call you.....Dr FBG :watching:"

", very clever, Mr Bond..So you've uncovered my alter ego...
but Come, Come,..did you REALLY think you could Thwart My
plans for World Domination just by changing your diet.. ?

Me & my Associates, have developed., shall i say. 'other'.. ways of damaging
your pathetic immune system.

the Power of Suggestion trapped YOU, SO beautifully, you pathetic Fool.....Mhuuhahaha .."

"Goodbye Mr Bond..we shan't be meeting like this again.
you've been a worthy opponent, but it's time for you to meet a gruesome end
in the Carb Pool of Destruction.."

Minions...SEIZE HIM..!! .."

My steph had a troublemaker in shop at work last night, so Daddy Uber came into play...
(Fancy starting a Union, @dunelm ..better pay..well some pay ;) and NO Zero Hours contracts, for starters..LoL )

all good ...****** gone when i got there.

Steph hungry, in takeaway with her, i caved and JUST got 5 hot wings...nice but not worth it , if i'm honest
just weak & undisciplined at Mo ..Must do better...:rolleyes:

Trying to get back on track after hols..not done a thing since we returned..:sorry:
so be making a list of jobs and tasks for next week, my list of To-Do's
....well it's a start:D...

Cheers for the weather report, @True Blue
looks like i best do most of that early doors, if it's outside.
(bike to get running, dash cam for car to fit... ..living the Dream baby, living the Dream....:hilarious: )

Enjoy your day all.
Stay safe and remember to look to the skies.

@jjraak - luckily for me, I don’t own a car. Mrs Miggins does though so will ask her about your empire building proposal. I do still have one motorcycle left but I refuse to carry passengers - they lean the wrong way :brb: :eek:

I love hot wings - my invariable lunch choice if we end up in Nando.
I am on carnivour only for January - lots of meat, fat, fish, dairy - only two meals a day - never hungry - Christmas belly getting smaller.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday Mrs M C and enjoy the meal and family day. @True Blue stay safe - this part of fens predicted fresh breeze today and gusty wind tomorrow. Bfg for me of 5.2 (± 5%) from day 2 of DD meal plan - or more likely IMHO 1 hr exercise bike. I improvised more chicken breast and steak, 1 stick of celery, 2 tsps cream and lacto free milk/almond milk. Realised I am going back 4.5 years to weighing everything, re-using the Hachoir and generally faffing about but ignoring 2 huge cupboards of magical ingredients bought because I read/posted in What have you eaten today thread:arghh::arghh: Lots to throw away rather than pay removal co. Bizarre experience with Alexa x 2 playing C of E Everday faith reflection at 2 slightly different starting points - hadn't realised Facebook Portal has Alexa inbuilt so 2 x Colossians 1.15–17 but didn't wake Julie.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

The wind was bad enough yesterday. It took some of my trellis fencing to goodness knows where. I cannot find it anywhere. When I went to bed and I was about to take my Speech Processor off (the device that sends sounds to the wires in my head), when there was this almighty noise of something above me appearing to land on my roof. I was petrified. Sat frozen a few minutes. Once I realised I was still here I then checked my ceilings, but all is intact indoors. Don’t know about the outside yet. Still too dark to see properly. I will investigate properly later when it is really daylight.

I am a bit exposed to the Irish Sea. I can see it over the fence at the back of my garden...and the tip of The Wirral and Hilbre Islands and the white turbulent waves....

I was trying to anchor another fence yesterday, but if this gets worse.

Happy birthday @Muddy Cyclist to MrsMC :)

My painting a day challenge offering this morning...
View attachment 37768
I hope that all is well and intact with your house. Looks like it will be windy for the next few days.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday Mrs M C and enjoy the meal and family day. @True Blue stay safe - this part of fens predicted fresh breeze today and gusty wind tomorrow. Bfg for me of 5.2 (± 5%) from day 2 of DD meal plan - or more likely IMHO 1 hr exercise bike. I improvised more chicken breast and steak, 1 stick of celery, 2 tsps cream and lacto free milk/almond milk. Realised I am going back 4.5 years to weighing everything, re-using the Hachoir and generally faffing about but ignoring 2 huge cupboards of magical ingredients bought because I read/posted in What have you eaten today thread:arghh::arghh: Lots to throw away rather than pay removal co. Bizarre experience with Alexa x 2 playing C of E Everday faith reflection at 2 slightly different starting points - hadn't realised Facebook Portal has Alexa inbuilt so 2 x Colossians 1.15–17 but didn't wake Julie.

upload_2020-1-12_8-54-39.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much tomato, avocado, EVO or ACV :arghh: Absence of inulin, chia seeds or flaxseeds so transit may be non existent - proper head squeezing time methinks.:bigtears: Having a CWC (2 tsps cream seems like a waste of time at least in a strength 4 Nespresso. I obviously need much milder) in my new BSC mug which may well be useless to me for a while:angelic:
Oh no - only 2tsps cream a day! Now that I would find really really hard - especially as the Nespresso's I love are 8 and higher. One I particularly like is India which is an 11.

Perhaps there lies the problem I have with the cream as 2 tsps of cream in an India is perfect for me.

Hopefully all is still OK with the absence of inulin, chia and flaxseeds.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh no - only 2tsps cream a day! Now that I would find really really hard - especially as the Nespresso's I love are 8 and higher. One I particularly like is India which is an 11.

Perhaps there lies the problem I have with the cream as 2 tsps of cream in an India is perfect for me.

Hopefully all is still OK with the absence of inulin, chia and flaxseeds.
0% transit for 3 days despite 4/5 tsps inulin (very blazing saddles though) and coffee will need lacto free milk, sweetener and more cream or just plain avoiding. Waitrose latte or Starbucks lacto free about my mark - bean to cup machine uses W house blend but Julie wanted Nespresso upgrade and we have literally hundreds of pods to use up before I can have milder ones. Where is your walk today and make sure you take the chocolate:angelic:
Edit: Posts crossed re walk + choc

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today 5.3 - so less cream yesterday did help fbs as it always does.

Husband is being the perfect husband this morning. We are not going out for our usual visit to National Trust Parkland as we are meeting friends for lunch out. So he is taking doggies to the park so I can relax here with a Nespresso.

We will take them for another walk before lunch - which I will go on. So I am not being completely lazy today.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

calm here so far this morning but I note the wind warnings for tomorrow, thank you ;)

Happy birthday to mrs MC @Muddy Cyclist :) and thank you for another interesting painting. Between you and @gennepher with your daily painting challenge, which I'm loving, you've persuaded me that I should do something :sorry: perhaps if I get braver I'll post something.

Did you use a 'resist' for the first wave picture or is it dry brush?

I haven't done much 'art' since I was at school/college just bits sporadically although I have a camera and did sort of teach myself an older version of photoshop in order to retouch and restore my Mum's old family photos. I fixed the pics. a bit and made a digital copy disc for all the family when my SIL took up genealogie.

@ianpspurs that's definitely a more interesting menu by the look of it ;)

Since I did most of the prep for dinner today yesterday evening and as I've almost finished the cabled cardigan I'm knitting, just one button band left to do, I'm making that my first project today :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, and a late call of 5.8 from me.

Having looked out the window I've decided the cross-trainer needs some use. Starting carnivore OMAD today for a few days in prep for a fast, I really do need to lose some weight as it's cheaper than buying a whole new wardrobe of clothes.

Stay safe :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, and a late call of 5.8 from me.

Having looked out the window I've decided the cross-trainer needs some use. Starting carnivore OMAD today for a few days in prep for a fast, I really do need to lose some weight as it's cheaper than buying a whole new wardrobe of clothes.

Stay safe :)
Hope the cross trainer goes well and the carnivore OMAD delivers the results you want. I will be fascinated by tastefully recounted #transitgate on that regime

Reactions: UserABC2021

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
0% transit for 3 days despite 4/5 tsps inulin (very blazing saddles though) and coffee will need lacto free milk, sweetener and more cream or just plain avoiding. Waitrose latte or Starbucks lacto free. Where is your walk today and make sure you take the chocolate:angelic:
How long are you doing the DD for? The transit time issue sounds like it's going to be a really tricky issue to manage if you stay on it very long.

I will take some chocolate with me for dessert. Must write a note to myself as it seems like the only way to remember things lately.

Was given some Waitrose 90% for Christmas - it was so lovely that it is tempting me to break my vow of never setting foot in Waitrose again.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good morning everyone.
Last night's larger than usual portion of fruit with blueberries has resulted in a FBG of 7.2.
Thought it would be ok, was looking to increase calories after a low cal, low carb stir fry meal. Obviously got that one badly wrong. Maybe second helping of stir fry pushed it up?
So this morning, despite needing to regain weight lost, just lemon tea.
Hour later 6.4 more lemon tea.

Edited for addition
2 hours later FBG 6.8
Is this dawn phenomenon?
Better eat something.
This will have to count as lunch.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How long are you doing the DD for? The transit time issue sounds like it's going to be a really tricky issue to manage if you stay on it very long.

I will take some chocolate with me for dessert. Must write a note to myself as it seems like the only way to remember things lately.

Was given some Waitrose 90% for Christmas - it was so lovely that it is tempting me to break my vow of never setting foot in Waitrose again.
DD plan is a 2 month one - transit may mean I break that a few times. or explode. The Waitrose 90% is one I can "take" and how can you avoid Waitrose?

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope the cross trainer goes well and the carnivore OMAD delivers the results you want. I will be fascinated by tastefully recounted #transitgate on that regime

Re transitgate, my pattern since diagnosis and changing eating habits has been irregular in both timing and form. I did take a high dose of Milk of Magnesia a few times which necessitated staying very close to the bathroom. I'm on Inulin currently so, yes, it will be interesting and I shall keep you appraised.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...I fell victim to temptation last night when friends popped over...given a bottle of Fizz for my birthday so opened it last night...we said just the one bottle & all was going well until little Liv arrived (my little neighbour & kitten/carer/trainer) with some cup cakes she'd made...the expectation on her face as I said I'd save it for tomorrow I caved in and ate it...delicious...consequently woke to a 6.5 so a reasonably lucky escape.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
DD plan is a 2 month one - transit may mean I break that a few times. or explode. The Waitrose 90% is one I can "take" and how can you avoid Waitrose?
I think that breaking the DD a few times is a far better option than exploding!

I am beginning to think that the Waitrose own brand chocolate is a good enough reason to go back there. So I will forgive them for stopping us having our free coffee in the cafe.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Late on parade again, 6.3 again. Enough said.
Mixed fortunes in FBG today for many. Congrats to @DJC3 you got my favourite number...its been a long time. Comiss to @jjraak but you will get there always tricky after hols. @gennepher hug for the bump in the night and the lost fence...hope there’s no more damage. @ianpspurs you seem to be doing well excepting “transition”. @HarryBeau it must have been the combo of fizz and cupcake but glad you enjoyed it. I find any wine affects me more so I stick to gin though I really like fizz on occasions.
Anyway have a great Sunday and batten down the hatches, wont reach me till tomo aft.
I have jobs to do, make tonights dinner, ironing, clearing out cupboard under the stairs. Stay well, stay safe.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 today. Yay! McGarrett. Happy happy happy.
Now to catch up on over 100 posts I’ve missed. I can immediately see today’s painting by @gennepher above: another evocative picture which draws you in.
Oh and Happy Birthday @Muddy Cyclist , hope it’s a smashing day.
Ps Good morning all.

always a GOOD reason to post this..:D

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.8 on the dice, must have banged my head when I fell off the wagon last night as it's aching a little this morning. Our tumble drier died the death last night, shrieking and throwing itself around the garage, I will have to open her up in a while and have a poke around inside, she's an old beastie probably over twenty years or so, so parts may be hard to come by, if we do have to buy a new one I'm sure we won't get such good service as we have had from this one.
Have a lovely day all, and many happy returns Mrs MC.