Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to ask buy how are you finding the libre i have been told a may be able to get one ?

get one! for your management it's like the difference between a 1970's black and white 14" portable TV and a 60" ultra-HD 4K LED SMART TV........;)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Sorry to ask buy how are you finding the libre i have been told a may be able to get one ?

Really good. They can be a PITA and can be a long way out from your BG tests. Amazing for showing trends and how food and insulin effects you. I have paired mine up with a Miaomiao and can calibrate (using Xdrip) so that my finger prick tests and Libre readings are pretty spot on. I can now get alarms for when my BG is high/lo, which is a god send as I have zero hypo awareness

Reactions: therower

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Really good. They can be a PITA and can be a long way out from your BG tests. Amazing for showing trends and how food and insulin effects you. I have paired mine up with a Miaomiao and can calibrate (using Xdrip) so that my finger prick tests and Libre readings are pretty spot on. I can now get alarms for when my BG is high/lo, which is a god send as I have zero hypo awareness
I have been hidden under a rock for the last 16 years there is some good things out now its crazy oh and thank you i just singed upto to that that bertie thing i'll see how it goes

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I’ve picked up my organ and temp basal is on the lowest setting because I took Tresiba in case I wasn’t ready. It was myself and another person, he is self funding the CGM and auto mode is next week. I managed to get Fiasp without any issues at the hospital. Medtronic rep is also a type 1 and a nurse wearing the 670G as well so it was nice to hear his experience with it. He at first said we shouldn’t try dual/extended/square bolus but I said I’m having takeaway tonight, so he eventually agreed that I can do it

WJP1055

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sugar, being overweight
Hi @WJP1055 I see you're an old timer when it comes to T1D and it sounds as though you're doing pretty well! Sorry I've no idea regarding dapagliflozin but what I would like to ask is how many carbs is 'relatively low carb'? And what do you attribute to the recent drop in hba1c? (well done btw)

I eat less than 100 grms of carbs per day (mainly proteins and veg) but am partial to a drop of the red stuff. The drop in HBA1C is probably as a result of getting a Freestyle Libre which has enabled me to understand my daily trends better.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
the dog on the right of my profile pic is a life saver she goes bezerk when im having nocturnal hypos she has saved my life at least 5 times i love her so so much well i love them both

Reactions: Antje77

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the dog on the right of my profile pic is a life saver she goes bezerk when im having nocturnal hypos she has saved my life at least 5 times i love her so so much well i love them both

Funny I was going to ask you about the dogs in your avatar - yours might be a life saver, mine is useless!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ya girl merely panicking, I had a look through my boxes and there’s only 4 reservoirs. I’ve tried ordering from Medtronic today and my hospital hasn’t set up an account for me.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been hidden under a rock for the last 16 years there is some good things out now its crazy oh and thank you i just singed upto to that that bertie thing i'll see how it goes

Hi,

& welcome to the forum.

I've been self funding my Libre ages. & yep, I've recently been told I may be able to get it.
I have an apointment in early Febuary, so I might just find out?

I'm still fully hypo aware (it even wakes me.) but I've recently discovered the joys of using a Miaomiao to Bluetooth the Libre sensor readings to my device.. Using the Xdrip reader app on my phone. It puts my current BG with direction arrow on the lock screen.
Ideal at a quick glance with the phone in the car cradle. I also play in two bands. I can see the one touch application use, without the need to stop & scan...

I remember the days of peeing in a test tube..

The tech these days is a lot more discrete.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

& welcome to the forum.

I've been self funding my Libre ages. & yep, I've recently been told I may be able to get it.
I have an apointment in early Febuary, so I might just find out?

I'm still fully hypo aware (it even wakes me.) but I've recently discovered the joys of using a Miaomiao to Bluetooth the Libre sensor readings to my device.. Using the Xdrip reader app on my phone. It puts my current BG with direction arrow on the lock screen.
Ideal at a quick glance with the phone in the car cradle. I also play in two bands. I can see the one touch application use, without the need to stop & scan...

I remember the days of peeing in a test tube..

The tech these days is a lot more discrete.
the thing is i feel hypo's but not when i sleep an alarm would be great.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know with getting pump profiles/ratios/basal settings right, will it disrupt work in any way? I don’t really want to frustrate my manager any more and I don’t particularly fancy running high for ages. I was told today I’m not allowed to change the settings until next Friday and I’m very tempted to do it.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So a question for the Miao Miao users? My dog is on a Libre and I am really thinking about adding a Miao Miao to it. I shave the area where the Libre goes on and I use Skin Tac to keep it on which has worked really well. She has very erratic blood sugars although I'm hoping the fractured teeth she had pulled might help with that.

So I have never seen a Miao Miao in person and am wondering what you guys think of it being on my dog. Just adding extra tape on her I'm not sure will work well. She doesn't have a ton of fat so I think the area the Libre is confined to is shoulder and chest/side area.

So how does it attach? How heavy is it? I am just wondering if we can get it stay okay , I don't want it to pull off the Libre. The first couple of Libres came off after about 5 days. Now we use Skin Tac liberally and shave the area really well and now I have to use tac away to get it off of her after it expires..

upload_2020-1-17_10-52-50.png
upload_2020-1-17_10-53-34.png

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So a question for the Miao Miao users? My dog is on a Libre and I am really thinking about adding a Miao Miao to it. I shave the area where the Libre goes on and I use Skin Tac to keep it on which has worked really well. She has very erratic blood sugars although I'm hoping the fractured teeth she had pulled might help with that.

So I have never seen a Miao Miao in person and am wondering what you guys think of it being on my dog. Just adding extra tape on her I'm not sure will work well. She doesn't have a ton of fat so I think the area the Libre is confined to is shoulder and chest/side area.

So how does it attach? How heavy is it? I am just wondering if we can get it stay okay , I don't want it to pull off the Libre. The first couple of Libres came off after about 5 days. Now we use Skin Tac liberally and shave the area really well and now I have to use tac away to get it off of her after it expires..

View attachment 37891View attachment 37892

I don’t have any advice but can I just say your dog is a model with that libre. I love her shirt as well, my heart has gone extra soft

From the video, it looks like it sticks on to the skin near the libre. I guess more skin tac application.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s the same for the miaomiao 2, it sticks on but I don’t know how much it weighs

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the thing is i feel hypo's but not when i sleep an alarm would be great.

The libre on it's own as a flash monitor doesn't alarm. With the Bluetooth enabled Miaomiao add on transmitting to the Xdrip app, you do have that functionality on your smartphone.

Ive discovered with the free app you can assign time slots for it not to alarm lows or highs. So it would be possible for it to keep watch over you whilst during the sleeping hours only..

Any suspect readings should always be backed up with a finger prick test to be sure..

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
She does have several Tees, it's to protect the Libre from coming off her. That's the theory anyways. My favorites are "Spoiled rotten and loving it" another says "I'm kind of a big deal". This is her cut off one that she wears around the house.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The libre on it's own as a flash monitor doesn't alarm. With the Bluetooth enabled Miaomiao add on transmitting to the Xdrip app, you do have that functionality on your smartphone.

Ive discovered with the free app you can assign time slots for it not to alarm lows or highs. So it would be possible for it to keep watch over you whilst during the sleeping hours only..

Any suspect readings should always be backed up with a finger prick test to be sure..
Yeah my phone should work that's how i'm getting a graph using the smartlog app it's basically a case of for years i have not checked my BG levels i'd just take 20 units of novorapid with every meal then 20 units of levemir when ever i went to sleep no set time. On the 2nd of this month i was admitted to hospital for 9 days i saw some thing's that made me open my eyes plus it was the 3rd time i had to go to hospital for dka it makes me feel worthless

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 37891View attachment 37892

Hi,

Ever up for a challenge.

Something like vet tape.? It's a (or was.) gauze like self binding tape on a roll. Primarily used as a bandage.
I've used it on a horse years ago. The legs..
You could with a carfully placed Libre & MM combo, strap the dog up in the hope it doesn't move..

My old boss had a diabetic dog. I've seen it hypo. Not a pretty sight.. Back in the day he had to chase it round the garden with pee sticks..

It may be easier for you to keep it with just Libre as a flash monitor? I'm not certain what Bluetooth range would have when the hound is on the runabout in tha vastness of the open.?

The blurb says "6g" for the MM MK2. It's surprisingly smaller & feels lighter than it looks in the adds..