Type 1'stars R Us

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@chris85 type 1 There is nothing so helpful as being able to talk to other type 1's. I have a caring supportive spouse and while he knows I'm going hypo by my actions, knows I get on my exercise bike to help with highs, he is not a type 1. No one can truly understand living with this except for another type 1. And a lot of young people go through a period of not caring, if I ignore it I don't have it????

It really isn't that hard once you get past the initial learning or relearning of dosing to eating. Losing weight will be easier when you get dosing down (never easy for anyone). But the best way to feel better etc is to be at the right basal and to get dosing down (carb insulin ratio) to what you are eating, you will always have some highs and some lows, it just happens, but with the right dosing it sure helps keep it level more and much much easier. It will just become second nature.
I will get it sorted i saw some things in hospital like one guy who had two operations in 6 days to remove parts of his foot knowing how iv been living for the past 16 years it scared the **** out of me i cant stop thinking of what could happen in the future (the first 2 years were easy) but yeah for 14 years iv neglected it iv had lazer eye surgery but thats all nothing major it makes me feel awful knowing people manage it better than me and end up with really bad issues. i think i need to tell my dsn how i feel think i need to talk to someone

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just to let you guys know that I’ll be leaving the forum. Types ones aren’t especially welcome here, and vegetarians certainly aren’t. Take care x
This is such sad news to the forum.....especially for type 1s and vegetarians......loosing a VERY valuable asset here.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Bon voyage @LooperCat! I’ve learned such a lot from you on this forum and it’s changed the way I live with T1. For the better. Very much better. You’ll be missed! It’s a real shame that you’ve encountered the dark side of the web.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
What’s happened to this forum?

So many good people leaving

I barely post nowadays

Reactions: porl69

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to let you guys know that I’ll be leaving the forum. Types ones aren’t especially welcome here, and vegetarians certainly aren’t. Take care x
@LooperCat sorry that you have made the decision to leave the forum. I’ve learnt enough from you and the other T1s here to realise how lucky I am to be T2 diet controlled. Good luck in your endeavours to become a paramedic and be careful when you do eventually get behind the wheel of an ambulance xx

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_0268.jpg

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@LooperCat I will also miss your posts, and hearing of your looping and journey to become a paramedic, please take some time out of here to reconsider your decision, your knowledge and input is valued here so it would be a great shame if you did leave.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

So sorry to see you go :( you will be sorely missed :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
To all on this thread :
I am not on here very often, I do other things things, but like other's at times it is overloaded and I feel overwhelmed and as a type 1 for 3 decades, I will continue to post on here and try to pop in more often X
Type 1 can be hard at times, so let's keep this thread going with help, support, advice, friendliness and care, that at times, many of us so desperately need.

Wishing you all a Happy Sunday :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wot? 8.7 on the same coffee as always and with a larger than usual feet on the floor bolus in my system. Why? I only tested to check if I wasn't heading towards a hypo with that bolus 2.5 hours ago. Stupid diabetes.
Postponing my meal until (hopefully) the current rage bolus kicks in.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Cumberland, I agree, I don’t come here so much these days.
There used to be a real sense of community. We proffered empathy and sympathy, accepted differences, shared experiences, and there was a lightness of touch, and humour. Remember the word games on this thread? Sometimes it was truly achy smile stretching when it got going.
I learned a lot, from different hypo treatments (Jaffa cakes, Oreos, beans and babies) to ways to manage BG. I discovered texts I’d not encountered before and am truly grateful to whoever mentioned Ponder.
I miss it.
How’s Wispa? How are you and your lovely missus?

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Right folks what is happening here, many of our most experienced and helpful members seem to be leaving. I know folks come and go all the time but this is ridiculous. Off the top of my head I can think of around 10 people who rarely post anymore if at all. I will especially miss Loopercat, whos knowledge is 2nd to none, dare i say even better than some DSN.

Such a shame as I have "met" some wonderful people on here

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Our 1300th post is a sad post :(
I too, want to know what is driving this community away from each other. I’ve always felt there was something that was dividing type 1 and type 2.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is so sad hearing ppl leaving us type1ners.
What about creating a what app group for us type1ners?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is so sad hearing ppl leaving us type1ners.
What about creating a what app group for us type1ners?

Numbers or any personal information might be too personal for some people to just simply share. I think
It’s against forum rules?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Numbers or any personal information might be too personal for some people to just simply share. I think
It’s against forum rules?

You can set up any 'group' away from this site, it has been done before in the past, via pm messages with consenting member's.