Type 1'stars R Us

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Could you go through with us what you have been eating today?
yeah sure 2 weetabix and 2 toast for breakfast i was quite hungry usually it would be either one or the other lunch was chicken curry with rice and evening was 3 hashbrownss 3 table sspoons of baked beanss and a chicken mayo burger the mayo is lighter than light (i know i eat poop)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yeah sure 2 weetabix and 2 toast for breakfast i was quite hungry usually it would be either one or the other lunch was chicken curry with rice and evening was 3 hashbrownss 3 table sspoons of baked beanss and a chicken mayo burger the mayo is lighter than light (i know i eat poop)

Weetabix with full fat milk or semi skimmed? What did you have on toast? Butter? Jam? Plain? Was it white bread or brown or whole meal? Was it medium or thick slice? I’m asking because we do need to consider those factors in carb counting. Your lunch and dinner sounds to me like it’s a fatty meal, fat slows down the carb absorption so you might be high later on. Retest again to see if you’ve come down.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Could you go through with us what you have been eating today?
oh and three coffees each with one sugar hey thats better than two weeks ago id drink 5/6 coffees all with three sugars each but since iv stopped smoking i dont like sweet coffee just nice dark 3 spoons of coffee

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
That would never happen.
The interrupter is to the starter motor, wich would not engage to crank the engine.. I wouldn't affect actual switch loom to the engine. Which would kill the power & cut the fuel pump?

The car would just not start. Just like an aIt-theft alarm imobilizer with unauthorised entry. But in this case BG being too low to drive. Removing any doubt as to intention to drive.

Worst case scenario? You're stuck in a traffic queue on the motorway, in a car with auto-engine-off and with falling blood sugar levels.

The device stops your starter motor from working and you're sitting in the middle lane unable to get to safety?

What happens next?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
oh and three coffees each with one sugar hey thats better than two weeks ago id drink 5/6 coffees all with three sugars each but since iv stopped smoking i dont like sweet coffee

oh and three coffees each with one sugar hey thats better than two weeks ago id drink 5/6 coffees all with three sugars each but since iv stopped smoking i dont like sweet coffee just nice dark 3 spoons of coffee

Some have reported that coffee spikes their blood sugar. I’m not saying don’t have coffee, some of us do inject for coffee and since you had sugar with it, that requires a jab for it. Well done on not smoking! You deserve credit, :)

Reactions: chris85 type 1

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Weetabix with full fat milk or semi skimmed? What did you have on toast? Butter? Jam? Plain? Was it white bread or brown or whole meal? Was it medium or thick slice? I’m asking because we do need to consider those factors in carb counting. Your lunch and dinner sounds to me like it’s a fatty meal, fat slows down the carb absorption so you might be high later on. Retest again to see if you’ve come down.
super light milk that red capped filth should be full fat it has less sugar in it. the toast had flora light on it barely any fat with dinner only the hash browns everything but the beans are oven done

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
they have been high all day after breakfast

Hi and s big welcome to the thread.
I have had days like that and I haven't a scooby do about what is happening
Type 1 can be predictably unpredictable at times :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 308541

Worst case scenario? You're stuck in a traffic queue on the motorway, in a car with auto-engine-off and with falling blood sugar levels.

The device stops your starter motor from working and you're sitting in the middle lane unable to get to safety?

What happens next?
You get rear ended by a car / truck...

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Awww @chris85 type 1 Big Hugs, it really isn't that hard once you get past the learning stage. High blood sugars for one affect mood a lot!!!!!! It is trial and error for so many things as we can vary so much. But I bolus half my insulin a half hour before I eat and the rest when I eat and that way I can adjust the second dose of insulin to what I actually ate? But most my meals are not high fat at all as I am a vegan. Once you add higher fat into the meal that will slow the digestion of the carbs you ate. So if I am having something that has a little higher fat in it I will do thirds, A third a half hour before, a third when I eat and a third a half hour after. And if it's a lot higher fat I don't prebolus at all. But these are things we just learn along the way for ourselves? I had a friend that tried it and she dropped too much before she ate because she is more insulin sensitive than me and never eats fats with her meals. So for her she takes a third 20 minutes before she eats and that works for her.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No. Moderating decisions aren't discussed on the open forum. The picture has only been up for a very short while, it wasn't the one you were used to seeing.
Ok, thanks @Antje77, just don't want to fall foul of something I don't know about.

Reactions: porl69

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
super light milk that red capped filth should be full fat it has less sugar in it. the toast had flora light on it barely any fat with dinner only the hash browns everything but the beans are oven done
well compared to what i was eating portion size and fat and carb content compared to 3 weeks ago i have halved everything i eat im consantly hungry have been for two weeks now

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi, a milk called BOB ( best of both) has the calories of skimmed milk, but the taste of semi-skimmed, if that is any help.
I have always used semi-skimmed.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Awww @chris85 type 1 Big Hugs, it really isn't that hard once you get past the learning stage. High blood sugars for one affect mood a lot!!!!!! It is trial and error for so many things as we can vary so much. But I bolus half my insulin a half hour before I eat and the rest when I eat and that way I can adjust the second dose of insulin to what I actually ate? But most my meals are not high fat at all as I am a vegan. Once you add higher fat into the meal that will slow the digestion of the carbs you ate. So if I am having something that has a little higher fat in it I will do thirds, A third a half hour before, a third when I eat and a third a half hour after. And if it's a lot higher fat I don't prebolus at all. But these are things we just learn along the way for ourselves? I had a friend that tried it and she dropped too much before she ate because she is more insulin sensitive than me and never eats fats with her meals. So for her she takes a third 20 minutes before she eats and that works for her.
yeah i learnt a lot from the bertie coarse things like you just explained but thank you

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well compared to what i was eating portion size and fat and carb content compared to 3 weeks ago i have halved everything i eat im consantly hungry have been for two weeks now

You can up your protein if you are hungry and you can graze through out the day. But I’m worried about your high levels, I question whether your basal insulin is sufficient.

Reactions: Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @hh1

You can’t help but love them can you?

Would love to see a pic of you have one of your doggy, they grow so fast.

Wispa weighs in at a whopping 4.6 kg well she is teeny weeny
No, you can't... If I can sort out my problems posting pics I'd love to share one 0f her - just don't hold your breath! My biggest problem with her weight (and she's very slim for her size) is that she still won't jump into the car and 21+kilos with sticky-outy arms and legs is no joke!

Reactions: Cumberland

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Saw this on a Facebook feed and thought it was quite interesting:-
Credit to the originators over at DiaTribe - the original can be found here https://diatribe.org/poster-now-available-42-factors-affect-blood-glucose

upload_2020-1-20_22-39-33.png

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You can up your protein if you are hungry and you can graze through out the day. But I’m worried about your high levels, I question whether your basal insulin is sufficient.
ok i'll be level with you i worry about nocturnal hypo's i have had atleast seven where i dont wake up each time i drop i seizure so i cant go to bed with normal sugars ill eat some crackers (too many to raise my sugar) so i dont hypo