Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But now I am having a hard time judging what I am allowed to say? Can we be pleased be allowed to go on as we always have
Please go on as you've always have! Remember you don't see posts that have been deleted.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I had to give you the hug rating, i just want to cuddle them! They are so adorable :)

@Shannon27
They certainly have the cute factor and little Wispa loves her evening cuddles

IMG_2751.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too, fear the future of this thread. I remember couple of months ago, I had nowhere to turn after my hypoglycaemia accidents. Everyone here was giving me, what I’d call internet hugs and you guys loved me when I couldn’t even love myself. I hope our friends will return. This is a nice thread outside of type 1 diabetes, sometimes asking someone “how are you?” is enough to bring them out of a rough day.Mei

I feel you've come a long way.! Keep it up.

.... & here you are consulting on an idea for an imobilizer? :)

I'm thinking of calling it the "BloodLock.." :cool: It just sounds like something you'd fit to a car with a window sticker saying "keeping the road safe!" :D

Reactions: MeiChanski

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland she is still one cute little dog. My own puppy is now 7 1/2 months old and weighs in at 21.5k - not looking puppyish any more, impossible to get back if she gets a scent (we're working on it!) but I'm defo in love.....as I'm sure you must be :)

Hi @hh1

You can’t help but love them can you?

Would love to see a pic of you have one of your doggy, they grow so fast.

Wispa weighs in at a whopping 4.6 kg well she is teeny weeny

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please go on as you've always have! Remember you don't see posts that have been deleted.

You don't see posts that are deleted, but you do get a note if it's been you..
If you feel that you've been axed? Don't go posting & broadcast.
It will only take a topic to derail..... :singing::singing::singing:

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good news, my dogs teeth that she had pulled seems to have made a huge difference in her blood sugars, we are now greatly reducing her insulin and getting some sleepless nights because of it.

She was up to 58 units a day sometimes and we are now using 31 units and she still tried to crash last night. We thought we finally had the dose figured out...................but I guess she is still adjusting and will need less! The teeth were not infected, but I guess a lot of inflammation.

Does she get a treat? Speedy recovery, dogo!

Reactions: Marie 2

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i'm getting so sick of this my bg before evening meal was 16.7 mmo/l so i took 20 units off novorapid 2 hours after i'm at 22.1 mmo/l 0.0 ketones i'm getting so frustrated with this why do i even bother trying it never works

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i'm getting so sick of this my bg before evening meal was 16.7 mmo/l so i took 20 units off novorapid 2 hours after i'm at 22.1 mmo/l 0.0 ketones i'm getting so frustrated with this why do i even bother trying it never works

Did it come back down at 4hour mark? I tend to find I’m still high at 2 hour mark but by 4 hours, it’s back in range.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes at it's finest :grumpy:
For me, I find it works better to check my bg way before meal (2 hours or more), and correct if necessary. Being in range before adding more carbs definitely makes things easier for me. Have you looked into pre-bolusing? That may be of use as well.
this is begging mode at it's finest
He was just trying to help you get your numbers a bit lower!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yes that's correct but only for basal dosages. The next model that has been developed will also give correction dosages as well. My pump normally reduces any small over dosing that I might have done.
I want one of those!

Reactions: porl69

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@chris85 type 1 I don't eat until I'm at a "normal" number. For me that means I want to be lower than a 6. But I am well controlled and that number probably would be easier for you if it's higher number. Whatever your goal number is try to be near it before you eat.

Also the biggest benefit as @Antje77 has said to stopping very high numbers is prebolusing. That takes a little more work though to learn how much and how soon to pre bolus. And the biggest thing with pre bolusing is don't forget to eat afterwards.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Chris85, those blood sugars must be making you feel physically wretched, commiserations. I’ve always found that I need a sliding scale of correction doses, the higher the BG, the bigger the dose. I’ll try and root out the info we were given at the Dafne course a few years ago and post it on here. I’ve also always found that if I eat when I’m high then my BG will stay high, even if I’ve added extra insulin to the calculated meal dose. Ideally I need to wait until I’m between 5 and 6 before I eat.
Are you in the UK? Have you seen your DSN or Consultant about this? If you are then sounds as though you’d qualify for a Libre and a Dafne course.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@chris85 type 1 That’s brilliant !! Eyes on the prize !! I always give in when Tim goes into beg mode because he makes me laugh so much, he knows how to turn on the charm :hilarious:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Do you know why your Bgs were 16.7 before your food? Have they been high all day?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I prebolus by about half an but just look at these numbers sorry my hand writing is terrible View attachment 37963

Do you write a food diary and activities? Unfortunately novorapid is known to be a bit slow now, if you see your team soon, you can ask for another bolus insulin. I know I needed to wait 45 mins with novorapid. Usually I do a correction first until my BG falls at a reasonable level before eating and when I eat, I do another bolus for it. I don’t know if another member posted about the BERTIE course that you can do it from your computer and it’s a good starting point to get you going on carb counting.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nope, it’s disappeared, sorry @Chris85. It’s probably just as well as we’re all different and all have different carb to insulin ratios anyway. The best person to ask is your diabetes nurse or doctor.