What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
-5 here last night but we are in the countryside got as high as 4.5 niddle of day and dropping fast now as the sun sinks. Just pulled the rug down and two cats have pounced! Stay warm you and the KC

You and your kitties too. :)
I am just on my second mug of coffee; can't get up because the KittenCat is back in my lap. As Higgins said of Magnum, she awakens periodically for quick feedings. ^. .^

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
late on parade, waiting in for workmen, now been and gorn..

Happy with a trip from the highlands of the Six River Falls.. ( great views btw )
but currently McGarrett plains bound with a quite pleasant 5.6 this morning.

Always happy with a 5+, but more so as yesterday, lauren got me to meet her in Southall and we went for an Indian at lunch time
i had my fav Marsala Dosa, Lauren had a vegetable thali..a sort of Indian mezzi.
IMG_20200120_130330~01.jpg

IMG_20200120_130118~01~01.jpg
IMG_20200120_125336~01.jpg
IMG_20200120_125342~01~01.jpg

(Pics of the food and a shot of the restaurant menu for you @SaskiaKC )

and greedy guts here, had a tiny bit of rice...(at first....:wacky:)
then ate way more then he should....deliciousness in rice form

score after we got back home..8.0..kept testing and heading back down 30 mins later..phew.

doesn't happen often, but it was nice to be out, and enjoying the meal
so 5.6...very happy with that :D

Enjoy your day, all.

@Cumberland, nice to see you back here.
Long may it continue..:happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is my days effort inspired after a misty day on Sunday, these are the stepping stones in the Sherbrook Valley where the Ancient Oaks woods of Brocton drop steeply into the valley on Cannock Chase, a bit of artist impression as the background Larch Trees have lost most of their colour. Watercolours medium, A4 size, the trees are done by soaking the paper, daubing on paint and tilting the paper to let the paint run off the paper and spread in a controlled fashion. Time taken 2 hours.

IMG_2496.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
late on parade, waiting in for workmen, now been and gorn..
happy with a trip from the highlands of the Six River Falls.. great views btw
but currently McGarrett plains bound with a quite pleasant 5.6 this morning.

Always happy with a 5+, but more so as yesterday, lauren got me to meet her in Southall and we went for an Indian at lunch time
i had my fav Marsala Dosa, Lauren had a vegetable thali..a sort of Indian mezzi.
View attachment 37984

View attachment 37985 View attachment 37986 View attachment 37987
(Pics of the food and a shot of the restaurant menu for you @SaskiaKC )

and greedy guts here, had a tiny bit of rice...(at first....:wacky:)
then ate way more then he should....deliciousness in rice form

score after we got back home..8.0..kept testing and heading back down 30 mins later..phew.

doesn't happen often, but it was nice to be out, and enjoying the meal
so 5.6...very happy with that :D

Enjoy your day, all.

@Cumberland, nice to see you back here.
Long may it continue..:happy:

Thank you! :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My guess is that the body is equipping itself with energy for the fight, or for a hasty retreat from the stuff.

And apparently I am still missing some posts ... :(
That makes perfect sense. All the bodies resources and energy is diverted to fighting the illness and there is nothing left to control the blood sugars.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.3 for me. Happy this morning as I’ve woken a bit earlier than usual so I have time for a coffee in bed before I need to take Dennis out.
Hope you aren’t too tired the rest of the day @PatsyB
Was your Ruby last night a takeaway @trick60 ? I really miss those, the only place near us now has started to make everything sweet. I’ve no idea why but I’ve had one or 2 surprises there after previously safe dishes so I’m wary about getting it again.
@SaskiaKC I suppose those ‘healthful’ nuts may have had a say in your tooth breaking I think my teeth are just getting generally weak and past their best sadly. I’ve a horrible feeling there might be more dentist visits in the near future.
It was a home cooked one, there was too much for two people and not enough to freeze a portion, so I bit the bullet and ate the extra bit, old habits die hard

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.3 for me. Happy this morning as I’ve woken a bit earlier than usual so I have time for a coffee in bed before I need to take Dennis out.
Hope you aren’t too tired the rest of the day @PatsyB
Was your Ruby last night a takeaway
[USER=487111]@SaskiaKC
I suppose those ‘healthful’ nuts may have had a say in your tooth breaking I think my teeth are just getting generally weak and past their best sadly. I’ve a horrible feeling there might be more dentist visits in the near future.[/USER]

I don't even bother going to the dentist for a broken tooth now. They charge an exorbitant amount just to look at a tooth and X-ray it; there is no way I could afford a root canal and crown or an implant. So unless there's severe pain involved I just file down any sharp edges wirh an emery board and keep going.
I wish I'd inherited my father's tooth genes instead of my mother's!
:D

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here is my days effort inspired after a misty day on Sunday, these are the stepping stones in the Sherbrook Valley where the Ancient Oaks woods of Brocton drop steeply into the valley on Cannock Chase, a bit of artist impression as the background Larch Trees have lost most of their colour. Watercolours medium, A4 size, the trees are done by soaking the paper, daubing on paint and tilting the paper to let the paint run off the paper and spread in a controlled fashion. Time taken 2 hours.

View attachment 37988

I love it @Muddy Cyclist
I like you explaining how you did it.
Thanks.

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that. I used to say that I didnt mind Codefree reading a bit higher because I got a better A1c than expected. Now I am not so sure. I will continue for now while trying to rein in my food and if things dont improve then I will get a Tee2. I hate wasting the strips! I am not snacking atm and too scared to go near the peanut butter jar which is not a bad thing lol. How is Jesse doing? Hope Dennis is not getting into any more trouble, Bless him!

Good idea to see the strips out first.
Jesse is just about coping. It’s almost too much for his pride to have to wear the cone of shame. For one so dignified and aloof it really is a step too far, especially as daughter tied it on with a big bow so it looks like a bonnet! He doesn’t know how to move and has ended up doing a sort of moonwalk backwards.
Dennis has turned into a stroppy teenager and has decided his recall training is for wimps so he has lost his off lead privileges for a few weeks. Apart from that he’s the bees knees and makes me laugh 20 times a day.
dc7d0e23-a35f-4564-9a7b-9c5152e2aeb0.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow! You file your own teeth? That is hard core Saskia!
I think you’re right about inherited tooth genes though, both my parents had poor teeth and although mine have always been nice and white and even, they appear not to be very strong. I have loads of fillings and now they are all crumbling away.
I ended up having 2 teeth out around 25-30yrs ago because it was a lot cheaper than having the root canal work and crowns. I just couldn’t afford it at the time.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jesse is just about coping. It’s almost too much for his pride to have to wear the cone of shame. For one so dignified and aloof it really is a step too far, especially as daughter tied it on with a big bow so it looks like a bonnet! He doesn’t know how to move and has ended up doing a sort of moonwalk backwards.
Dennis has turned into a stroppy teenager and has decided his recall training is for wimps so he has lost his off lead privileges for a few weeks. Apart from that he’s the bees knees and makes me laugh 20 times a day. View attachment 37990
Ah look at that pose..Dennis is a very handsome and clever fella. I imagine he has clocked all the attention when he was poorly and wants to continue centre stage. Poor old Jesse dent to his pride as well as the physical discomfort. I laughed at the idea of the bonnet like Little House on the Prairie in my mind! My son’s partner said she used to dress her cat in dolls clothes and put her in her dolls pram.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah look at that pose..Dennis is a very handsome and clever fella. I imagine he has clocked all the attention when he was poorly and wants to continue centre stage. Poor old Jesse dent to his pride as well as the physical discomfort. I laughed at the idea of the bonnet like Little House on the Prairie in my mind! My son’s partner said she used to dress her cat in dolls clothes and put her in her dolls pram.

That’s a very chilled out cat!
My girls would do the same with the Collie we had when they were small. She often had to wear a tutu and join in their dancing They even painted her nails with glittery nail varnish. She just loved the attention.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I seem to be e missed a lot of posts due to one thing or another. Some connection issues. Then busy with visitors.
This morning 9.1. Not surprising as had midnight biscuit feast
Had lemon tea, checked again about once a hour. came down all right. Until about 11 The started to rise again, for no obvious reason.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
We used to dress up our cat.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dennis has turned into a stroppy teenager and has decided his recall training is for wimps so he has lost his off lead privileges for a few weeks. Apart from that he’s the bees knees and makes me laugh 20 times a day. View attachment 37990

Dennis looks very handsome and professorial. He looks as if he has just asked a rhetorical question -- maybe something to do with leads and recall!
I'm glad Jesse is learning to cope. I don't see how cats can eat or drink wearing e-collars -- or short-nosed dogs either. :doctor::wacky:

Reactions: DJC3