What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apparently we need to reprogram my 7 year old grandson and his peers who really don't see the attraction of burger flipping, call centres, emptying bed pans or deliveroo https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-51192450. What an ahole we have put in No10

Think so many are going to be lucky to have any job, when they are older... Did read America is looking at close on 50% unemployment with the advent of AI coming more on Stream by 2050 hence so much interest in universal benefit..

The benefit we get for not working, and then if we work being allowed to keep it all.

We'll all still need money to buy the things still being made by fewer humans, or else the system just collapses....

Welcome to SKYNET.
Roll on progress..:rolleyes:

still might be fun to do stuff you like doing..i LIKE working, just not always all the bits of any jobs i had to do..:hilarious:

EDIT:apologies for those looking, it should have read Universal basic income.

a brief overview HERE
and HERE..(one of the first few i found when looking)

and for interest..has everyone seen the US mule or the jumping robot ?

Not withstanding the employment status, these are going to be the jeep or Huey, come the next generations big war, i think
and the more humanoid ?.... IF we survive long enough to get to other planets, their going to be central to us staying more then a few days/weeks, imho.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dennis has turned into a stroppy teenager
Are you sure DJC he looks so dapper a 'proper' little gent...I can empathise the gas engineer has arrived to service the boiler they have had to be locked in the living room...so far they've tried to get into his bag...fight with his work boots & stand right behind him...then they've repaired to the sofa butter wouldn't melt...

Charlie & Lola's kitty sitters Liv on the left & her assistant bottom photo their we didn't do anything pose...
charlie Lola & Liv.JPG

Cgarlie & Lola sofa.JPG

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau such lovely photos. Lol about the gas engineer...it must happen to him a lot. I always ask any workmen here to check their vans for stowaways before they leave. I took my two to vet for their boosters this morning and it was very stressful for all 3 of us. It took me 20 mins to catch Daisy after moving all the furniture aside in the process which nearly made us late. TG thats done for another year. We are back and I have plugged in the Feliway and they are now sleeping like babies!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I took my two to vet for their boosters this morning and it was very stressful for all 3 of us. It took me 20 mins to catch Daisy
It can be a nightmare PM...one of my cats Poppy was a nightmare when he got to the vets...we could never get him out of the carrier when he got there...even tipping up the box didn't work...finally we bought a carrier where you could take the top half off completely...that way the vet could lift him out...I hope bobs & daisy are settled down it's awful watching them so stressed...you need a coffee & a de-stress but as you say TG it's done for another year.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @DJC3 I have ordered the Tee 2 and strips. I am feeling scared in case the Codefree is not the problem o_O
You will be fine. Remind yourself again of your last A1c, which was quite recent. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Don't sweat the small stuff madam - all will be fine. This popped into my head from your post about your dancing days. Mr PM must tell you all the time

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Feeling a bit glum.
Freezing cold after walking round a beautiful harbour, watching husband and son drinking hot chocolate and tucking into cakes.
While I have gunpowder tea - and try to feel virtuous, ignoring my stomach which insists - need food.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
are you staying with family or at a hotel -Which might be easier in terms of food choices?
Staying with family, my wife’s uncle is a professor who taught psychiatry, smashing fella, swears like a trooper and farts like a cart horse, but very funny with it, her aunt many years ago was a matron on a maternity ward but was charged with the installation of computers to the whole hospital on the basis that she owned a Sinclair ZX spectrum which overqualified her for the post.
I should imagine the menu will be potato based as is the Irish way, and get there first or go hungry is the rule of thumb.
Must set my watch back 20years.
Have a lovely day all

Reactions: DJC3

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feeling a bit glum.
Freezing cold after walking round a beautiful harbour, watching husband and son drinking hot chocolate and tucking into cakes.
While I have gunpowder tea - and try to feel virtuous, ignoring my stomach which insists - need food.
Know that feeling well S L, I demand a nibble off of everyone’s cake, just a taster, and relish it. A little nibble of what you fancy never hurt anyone.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I should imagine the menu will be potato based as is the Irish way, and get there first or go hungry is the rule of thumb.
Must set my watch back 20 years.
Have a lovely day all

hahaha...you KNOW it's not like that nowadays...?

well not everywhere, obviously..;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A cold but beautiful morning sat up here at Six Rivers Falls.. watching the good folk of McGarrett plains go about there business.

And if i squint REAL hard, i can see the Fourbidden Zone..Sure one or two are wearing slippers..:wideyed:
and pretty sure i can smell soup a-cooking...:)

so it's a bang on 6.0 for me..breakfast done,
off to daughters to fix a shelf, then out to fix car indicator relay issue..ooohhh the bending under the steering wheel.:***:

not as supple as i was back in the day when this was bread and butter for me.:rolleyes::bag:

Good luck to ya all.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Staying with family, my wife’s uncle is a professor who taught psychiatry, smashing fella, swears like a trooper and farts like a cart horse, but very funny with it, her aunt many years ago was a matron on a maternity ward but was charged with the installation of computers to the whole hospital on the basis that she owned a Sinclair ZX spectrum which overqualified her for the post.
Have a lovely day all
Absolutely love the sound of you wife's uncle. Top. top man. You are bound to have a great time.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg7.2

A bit of a crazy night.
Popeye and I went into the kitchen at 9 pm to make my last drink. I knew something was up from Popeye's body language before we opened the door to the kitchen...

Devastation...stuff strewn...the kitchen bin thrown over...there was no waste food in it, but a couple of out of date cartons of double cream that I had not opened and they had now been ripped open and strewn across the floor.

Popeye was absolutely shocked and horrified that anything had dared break into his kitchen. It was actually funny to watch Popeye's face. He was sniffing where the 'thing' had been, and looking at me horrified. There was a musky scent. Popeye checked the cat flap and it was obvious to him that was the point of entry. So he shot out.

I cleared the floor. And waited for Popeye to come back. He didn't.

I was worried in case it had been a small badger, and the rest of the badger family of 5 were nearby, or a fox. Popeye is an old gentleman of 27 years old. But he still acts and behaves like a young cat. Popeye did take on the adult badger once, a few years ago. He shot in the cat flap then like a bullet into the front room and sat confidently and serenely on the window ledge of my very large front window. It was dark. Suddenly out of nowhere a large badger hurtled itself against the window. Popeye sat there confident he was safe this side of the glass. The double glazed window shook and I was ready to flee to the back.I still recall Popeye looking at me saying it's okay mum the window will protect us...

Anyway back to the present and 3 hours later (and I had looked outside and called for him) and still no Popeye. I was very tired and have to be out all day today, so I went to bed. Woke up at 5. There is Popeye all fine and dandy sitting on the radiator ledge in the kitchen guarding the cat flap.

He is fine. He has obviously hunted for mice in the night. And eaten the because he is a heffalump this morning and not interested in a lovely breakfast. So he must have been scent making in the night too (yes he has been neutered as a kitten), but he still marks the boundaries of my property twice a day.

I managed my daily painting challenge to myself. I had to stop after 45 minutes, I ran out of time. Back in bed now drinking a coffee. Popeye is sound asleep. And that is exactly what I want to do...I can give myself half an hour then I have to move...

View attachment 38003

oh poor you @gennepher

what a horrible experience.
glad Popeye got back safe, little rascal.

Like the pic, too.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to SKYNET.
Roll on progress..

The ideal future for the elite is the singularity, and that is what 'we' are heading for. A world with 2/3 reduction in biological humans, led by AI for the benefit of our 'masters'. Computers already design themselves with no human input, and they do it better. They also produce coding that we don't understand...

good luck with that tree. My dad, brother and Mr C got rid of a couple from my dads garden many years ago. It took them weeks and was exhausting work ( probably excellent for bg control though!)

I'm not looking forward to it, it's an old gorse that has grown to tree status with roots that have spread under the lawn and through the wall. Those have to come out or it will just sprout up again. I really think she needs a pro to do that job but her faith in me seems unwavering. Very odd.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a lovely day all
At least the potatoes will taste like potatoes but what about the warm soda bread just out of the oven slathered with thick grass fed butter...mmh my paternal aunts cooked two loaves EVERY day of their lives. My mum wasnt much of a cook which turned all her children into cooks. Have fun.

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You will be fine. Remind yourself again of your last A1c, which was quite recent. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Don't sweat the small stuff madam - all will be fine. This popped into my head from your post about your dancing days. Mr PM must tell you all the time
Thanks Ian thats quite racey for me these days but it did remind me of my first date with Mr PM so job well done.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning. I looked out the window to see that pilots had been drawing contrails on the chalkboard of the sky --
20200122_083516.jpg

HbA1c appointment 4 hours from now -- I just want to get there and get it over with. Today it will involve something called a "Medicare wellness exam" -- I have no idea what that will involve, just grateful it doesn't involve fasting! :)