Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I don’t know why she’s flying on her side, it must be one of THOSE days. And it’s the cocoa that’s organic etc, not the mug. I give up, definitely a day to fly on one’s side.

Just like superman, or super Fairygodmother :D

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
il_794xN.1336919712_4vt7.jpg
there's also this one

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So guys when was the last time someone looked down on you when you check your bg by pricking your fingers mine wass today.

I went in to town to collect my new pen and thought i need to check my bg so i stopped to do it then this women walkss past and said "could you not find some where more private to do that " i just looked her straight in the eye and politely said "excuse me but it's none of your business i do this when and where i need to" she didn't know what to say :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
So guys when was the last time someone looked down on you when you check your bg by pricking your fingers mine wass today.

I went in to town to collect my new pen and thought i need to check my bg so i stopped to do it then this women walkss past and said "could you not find some where more private to do that " i just looked her straight in the eye and politely said "excuse me but it's none of your business i do this when and where i need to" she didn't know what to say :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I’m amazed, you were only doing a blood test and they reacted like that! I wonder what they’d have said if you’d pulled down your trousers to inject into your thigh - or bum?
I warn people, well friends mainly, that there’s going to be a tummy and maybe knicker reveal when I inject in midriff or stomach.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m amazed, you were only doing a blood test and they reacted like that! I wonder what they’d have said if you’d pulled down your trousers to inject into your thigh - or bum?
I warn people, well friends mainly, that there’s going to be a tummy and maybe knicker reveal when I inject in midriff or stomach.
i just stick the needle through my trousers

Reactions: Marie 2

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you eaten every last morsel of cheese, eggs and bacon?
yeah i ate the last egg last night but im having a fish finger sandwich with insulin and strength exercise just done hole upper body work out i will get fit and healthy i am determined

Reactions: slip

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
the worst thing today is the cigarette cravings kicked in really bad because i forgot to replace my nicotine patch the best thing i still have not had a cig in 20 days well that and my BG

Last edited:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the welcome @hh1 and @Fairygodmother.
Diabetes not behaving itself today, and Fiasp taking a while to work after a set change. Sometimes it drops me very quickly, others times, like today slowly!!
I'm still on mdi but there still seem to be days when insulin works differently - or maybe it's my body that does! All part of the mysteries of T1.....

Reactions: karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Not feeling a million percent today, but got a full day in uni learning about pregnancy, childbirth and care of newborns. We’re being allowed into the inner sanctum of the midwifery suite... having nearly had a baby land in my lap on my second day on placement when the truck went over a series of speed bumps, it’s not before time! I’m not driving today, so I can cwtch up in the car and feel sorry for myself on the way.

Not much else to report, D running tickety-boo. Cyborg status: satisfactory :borg:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps. Not feeling a million percent today, but got a full day in uni learning about pregnancy, childbirth and care of newborns. We’re being allowed into the inner sanctum of the midwifery suite... having nearly had a baby land in my lap on my second day on placement when the truck went over a series of speed bumps, it’s not before time! I’m not driving today, so I can cwtch up in the car and feel sorry for myself on the way.

Not much else to report, D running tickety-boo. Cyborg status: satisfactory :borg:
Big hugs x