Type 2 I want a Carb Food Counter? Simples!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Howdy Pardners! Been searching high and low, any recommendations? Just seen Humous is 60%! I’ve downloaded and hurriedly deleted ones that want to sign me up for this or that; be part of my FaceBook identity; be part of my Twitter account; take me out for Lunch or generally nose about my Persona! Really! Just Go A-Way...Seeesh...

So a ZombieCarboStein Counter.... pretty please? Please o_O

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does it have to be an "app" or can you use the spreadsheet version of the "official" count?

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Does it have to be an "app"
Preferably, yes, but I’m open to suggestions.
or can you use the spreadsheet version of the "official" count?
I don’t know about an “official” count? If I can load into my iExcel SS, that’ll be good. I just wish to select, say, “humous” and have its percentage per 100gm come back at me.

TIA - E

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the CoFID data that @bulkbiker has mentioned. I trimmed the original downloaded file Excel considerably and then loaded it into a fully searchable database.

Reactions: EllieM

WAGR57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Howdy Pardners! Been searching high and low, any recommendations? Just seen Humous is 60%! I’ve downloaded and hurriedly deleted ones that want to sign me up for this or that; be part of my FaceBook identity; be part of my Twitter account; take me out for Lunch or generally nose about my Persona! Really! Just Go A-Way...Seeesh...

So a ZombieCarboStein Counter.... pretty please? Please o_O

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
very poor reviews on droid, sadly.
I only have the book which is very good but my daughter has the app and she was very impressed, which is a review I can trust.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only have the book which is very good but my daughter has the app and she was very impressed, which is a review I can trust.

And as you should.

not something i was looking for, but had heard good things about the book,
so an app seemed like a good choice for me..

Sometimes it is just the OS interpretation that can be the issue..i guess for this Apple was the first choice
and with droid they couldn't be 'bottomed' but still want the same dollar.:rolleyes:.

i hope you didn't take umbrage to my comment.
i was just disappointed it was so poor, but as you say if daughter likes it,
must have some merits.

cheers

@Estragon ..liked the Fitness one..and like you don't like all the 'connected' type apps

but when i set up the cookies (yeah, i used to just click OK, now i open the options up and delete/switch off as much as possible.) .the offer is usually on or off..nice and simple..for that, it's a choice of IN or Out..an odd wording i thought .

@WAGR57 ..liking that fatsecrets too.NO cookies request..Nice.

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes it is just the OS interpretation that can be the issue..i guess for this Apple was the first choice
and with droid they couldn't be 'bottomed' but still want the same dollar.:rolleyes:.
That could be it, my daughter has the iOS version.

Reactions: jjraak