Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good evening @LooperCat . Contemplating as opposed to revising.
Handily I do know the diabetes stuff quite well already :cat:

Just need to nail the liver, kidneys, skeleton, adrenal glands, brain & nervous system, blood groups reproductive systems (both flavours), digestive system and a load of trauma stuff :D

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Handily I do know the diabetes stuff quite well already :cat:

Just need to nail the liver, kidneys, skeleton, adrenal glands, brain & nervous system, blood groups reproductive systems (both flavours), digestive system and a load of trauma stuff :D
Just the easy stuff then.:D:D:D.
Biggest dilemma here is........long or short evening walk. Wife likes a 45 min walk. At her leisurely pace this equals a short walk. I don’t really mind a short walk, an hour up the gym earlier has put me in the plus for today’s exercise so far.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
BG's wanting to stay low all day and have eaten extra stuff I wasn't planning on. Now I am sick of anything sweet. I feel like the kid that eats too much at the birthday party..................................i am going to get on the exercise bike and hope my numbers stay stable enough.

I agree @Antje77 , my husband can just go I'm going snorkeling but I have to get my Bg to a certain level, make sure I didn't have a lot of insulin prior, check and make sure I have my hypo treat in a water proof container, a more substantial snack in the car just in case, etc etc it is not a grab the towel and go as it is with him!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1561140088165.jpg

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sometimes it pays to lower expectations & plan for something, should it go wrong...

But in this case?

"The eyes have it."

I got my licence renewed, full on 3 years!
For some reason, DVLA also sent me a seperate letter outlining my right to appeal?!!!

Against what... :cool:

View attachment 38396
@Jaylee, that's great news. Do they send you a reminder that the license needs renewing?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday's diabetes dramas were not mine. Or Young Vampire's.

But I am deeply smug about my calm solution to the problem (The other insulin-dependent student in the building did not have enough insulin to cover the pre-ordered lunchtime meal, no spare insulin pen in student's supplies, no spare insulin in the nurse's fridge which highlighted a whole different issue - every other insulin-dependent student has spare insulin there, as do I!) which was voiced before the frantic phone calls to parents. "Just don't have your ordered pudding," said me, followed by a bit of patient explaining of various basics to that student's panic-stricken support staff and tutor whilst we waited for the nurses to do their thing.)

20 minutes of faffing later, the "official" advice came through - "No pudding". Student smiled and said, "I knew you were right, why did we have to go through all that?" "Sometimes, we just do," said me, on my way to my own lunch.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning guys, awoke on 6.7, so a very nice start to the weekend.......................but, when I awoke and looked at he clock I panicked, as I thought it was a school run day and only had 15 mins to get out !!,:wideyed: then I realised it was Saturday lol :oops: so I have been sitting about just chillin'
Have a great Saturday, whatever you do:)

Good luck with your revising @LooperCat

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The other insulin-dependent student in the building did not have enough insulin to cover the pre-ordered lunchtime meal, no spare insulin pen in student's supplies, no spare insulin in the nurse's fridge which highlighted a whole different issue
I don't know if your student uses single use pens or refillable ones, but if the latter, do you know the trick to get about 20 more units from an empty pen?
Unscrew pen, drop one of the little needle caps in the penfill, close pen again, make sure to air dose until the plunger hits the needle cap et voila!

It always reminds me of my old moped. When it ran out of fuel you could turn the fuel-shut-thingy the other way and there was enough fuel there to get home :)

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good Luck with the new job @MeiChanski ! Bg's behaved themselves even when I was at the dentist getting another tooth pulled. So another implant coming. I boosted up my Bg level to a 7 because I usually drop at the dentist and only dropped to a 6.5.
I wish I could afford a whole mouthful of implants - mine are great! Enjoy your new one when it gets here.

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon, it's bright and sunny here, but a weather warning for tomorrow !!
This week I have been sorting out my dad's paperwork from his bungalow, care home and the solicitors I dealt with regarding the court guardianship. Such a lot, but I have disposed of it and now going through bags of my own photographs and I hope to get rid of at least half of them, then put the photo's into individual groups, ie children, my mum and dad, pets etc as I don't want to leave it all to my children to go through. Saying that, I have seen some photo's I have forgotten about and some with lovely memories :happy::joyful: also, me on holiday in Tenerife holding a cigarette :wideyed::oops:

Hoping to go to the cinema tonight to watch 1917 :)
Must get on...............:)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good afternoon all, have a good rest of the weekend and hug your tiles close when Ciara calls.
Reducing basal again so Spring must be on the way - hypo drops make sorry reading on the number crunching app and a friend has toads mating in her pond.

Why oh why are some decisions so difficult to make? I’ve sourced all that’s needed for replacing the manky kitchen but the idealised vision and reality of purse leads to humming and hawing the compromises. The last bit is tiles. Not many, but the cheap white ones or the nicer, arm and a leg blue ones? It’s like +0.5 or not for that piece of cake!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon chaps. Very long lie in today, I like being asleep. About to disappear upstairs to revise (practical exam on Wednesday, being assessed on advanced airway management and trauma splinting techniques) and do my daily mock exam for the “SafeMedicate” drugs dosing assessment that’s also coming up. I don’t mind that, I like mental arithmetic. Just as well because we have to get 80% to pass without a calculator. Life with T1 is like a daily SafeMedicate test anyway...

Diabetes settling down after last week’s illness, but my predicted HbA1c is up a little. To 38 :D Loop saves the day.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for the useful tip @Antje77. For my own refillable pens, on myself, I will try that one.

Alas, it wouldn't have been possible to do with my students as they both use safety needles and there isn't a small needle cap to use. And I'd cleared out the debris from my kit earlier in the day, so no spare needle caps to use from my kit either.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Belated congrats on keeping your licence @Jaylee, what a relief!

Seem to be a lot of busy people around at the moment and it's been a busy day here. Had a 1:1 session with the trainer who runs puppy classes this morning, got some great tips, plus apparently we're both doing very well - go us! Then a load of shopping as friends here and a swap tomorrow and another friend coming, so bed changing and washing and all that, plus getting my garden furniture in as I have a nasty feeling about this storm. Much as I'd like to collapse now I need to do a bit of cooking this evening before I do....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee, that's great news. Do they send you a reminder that the license needs renewing?

Indeed they do. In the form of a DIAB1 form normally a month or so prior to renewal date? (A 3 year licence is the max they give.)
I normaly tick no to everything & yes to wearing glasses.
But this time round because I had anti-VEGF jabs in both eyes nearly 3 years back, there were a few more hoops to jump through..

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends

9.2 this morning, a bit high but aunt Irma came to visit me so I take it. Work was busy today and I had a chat with a lawyer on whether I should walk away or pick on this fight. A bit hypo at work as well, auto mode doesn’t suspend basal, it does stop basal delivery when you hypo or before you hypo, which I found out a day into it. On manual mode, it’ll shoot in a warning and suspend insulin.