Weekly weigh in - Fridays

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
77.2kg, thats a drop of 200g hehe.

Weight loss is really slowing down for me now but im at target so anything i loose now is a bonus until i decide to try and maintain

Reactions: Barb McD

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
199.2 pounds or 90.4 kg on Friday. I use a moving average of the last 10 days to better keep track of overall progress. Down 4.2 pounds in the last 30 days.

Reactions: Ryhia and Barb McD

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
208lbs today-
I lost a lot of weight after diagnosis and reversed my T2 but have spent a couple of years piling on weight, so I'm going to try to get back into some sort of shape. 170 or under is the goal!

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need to change my weigh days lol, i am 77.2kg on my day Monday morning, but 76.5kg this morning! Sticking to my day though, it all averages out in the end!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm still 99.70kgs this morning due to swollen tummy and looks like a water balloon. Hv inflammation confirmed (gastritis) but its not been made clear where the bleeding is coming from but categorically not from Roux-en-y. Either from inflammation or somewhere in my gullet/reduced stomach. Seeing surgeon this week for help as frightening when constant blood to spit out or swallow back down. It's a dirty pink first thing on a morning then red/pink blood the rest of the day. Black poo for weeks/months, too. I'm confident my surgeon has a solution. I think known before op or at least suspected. I was offered more appointments before op but waited sooooo long just wanted the reduced insulin to start in earnest. It has been very very successful. I'm delighted with the prospects of no insulin..... maybe. Weight gain when no controlled insulin pathway. Liver's safeguarding to my detriment, again.
I'm keen to see what my weight will be on Wednesday for surgeon.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Wow. You lucky thing. Are you out around town with those new strides???
I'm too enjoying new smaller clothes. I sadly couldn't fir in a beautiful new winter coat so I may hv to wait til Autumn now. The size14 coat was too small for me, still. I'm losing much slower now. So it may be after Autumn that I'm small enough. We'll see!

Yes I particularly like the Jack Wills skinny Chinos.

My weight this week is slightly down at 73.2 Kg but I consider that to be more or less the same as my last posting so seem to be a bit more stable again now.

Reactions: Barb McD and Ryhia

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's 10-day moving average is now 198.6 pounds (90.1 kg).

Steady progress, keeps me on track to lose about a pound per week.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
14-02-2020
48,1kg for me this morning. But think that may not be accurate as had big celebration meal the night before. Going to weigh again in the morning.
Edited to add
15-02-2020
Weighed this morning at 47.7kg.
Think that's more accurate than yesterday's.
@sno0opy well done you for reaching target weight. That a definite WINNER.
@evaluator pound a week is great.
@carty are you trying to gain weight too?
@Lotties good for you getting a personal trainer. Keep up the exercise. Sore muscles proves they have been working and they will get used to it.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
55kg before, 55kg again. Thought I might have been able to repot the 1lb loss I was seeing at the beginning of the week, but I bought a pack of brazil nuts in shell (they were reduced) and have been busy munching on those rather a lot.

Worrying a bit as not sure if I have a blood test this month. Was put on annual review but DN said she wanted to see me in 6 months, that was back in August, to check my Cholesterol as C was high and I refused statins. She gave me the 6 months to fix. DN has now left the practice. Do not know if a call back is on my notes but have not been contacted as yet. Not sure if I need to contact them which I am loathe to do as probably going to get a lecture and an argument. Just eaten as normal. Starting to get stressed about this which is bringing my sugar levels up.
Do you guys know if they usually call you in, which they did previously when I was on 3 monthly review or do I need to contact them, it which case I will relax for a few months.

EDITED to add: Phoned surgery today 17th, to check if I had a blood test due. Nothing on notes. So leaving until August. Can relax for a little while. Why do I stress myself over something so silly.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
55kg before, 55kg again. Thought I might have been able to repot the 1lb loss I was seeing at the beginning of the week, but I bought a pack of brazil nuts in shell (they were reduced) and have been busy munching on those rather a lot.

Worrying a bit as not sure if I have a blood test this month. Was put on annual review but DN said she wanted to see me in 6 months, that was back in August, to check my Cholesterol as C was high and I refused statins. She gave me the 6 months to fix. DN has now left the practice. Do not know if a call back is on my notes but have not been contacted as yet. Not sure if I need to contact them which I am loathe to do as probably going to get a lecture and an argument. Just eaten as normal. Starting to get stressed about this which is bringing my sugar levels up.
Do you guys know if they usually call you in, which they did previously when I was on 3 monthly review or do I need to contact them, it which case I will relax for a few months.

EDITED to add: Phoned surgery today 17th, to check if I had a blood test due. Nothing on notes. So leaving until August. Can relax for a little while. Why do I stress myself over something so silly.
I do the same but mainly only about my health. Only time I don't get stressed is typing on here. Even talking about my health status to a company who needs to know. (i.e gas company) by telephone I come off the call in a right state unless I do the call a bit at a time. E-on are great with me, luckily. I say I hv 'health anxiety'. Only because if a mistake made I feel it's fatal for me.
My life has changed from multipal pregnancy tests bought to having heart attack checking blood tests. I support bhf with furniture etc so hopefully I'm paying them back for those costs. Thx God for British Heart Foundation eh?
Still having symptoms and bleeding so my own surgeon is redoing endoscopy and having my Ultrascan redone too. He'll find where I'm bleeding from. I feel so much more relaxed. I feel a weight off my shoulders on exiting the Royal yesterday. :) :) :) I'm taking the not so good painkillers but had a nasty attack of scatica yesterday morning. I'm not ready to give up my walking aid yet. However my insulin need may hv come to a stand still unless a weight loss boost from somewhere. I had to take novarapid last night as I drank some milk as an experiment for this morning's congealed blood from lying down. I must admit I didn't get that lump but I did before sleep instead so milk hasn't stopped the bleeding but congealed it sooner. Milk has always raised my bgs. On top of a delayed valentines supper with partner without kids my peak was 17.9 humf! Mind u I had a stressful day as smear that morning and it was painful. I wonder if I do hv fibromyalgia still as pain is definately my enemy. My poor nurse. I had to console her as I cried with pain. I really hate smears no matter what I tell myself.
One day I hope just a blood test, instead. I bet I'm not the only women who feels that way.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Thx @Mike D :) :) :)
My kids deserve nothing less. Youngest is only 6 and his autism has his mind of a 4yr old. So much cuddling does on, thankfully. They are such loving sons. I'm truly blessed. We hv been spared storm damage wise here too. Is your area safe?

It is now @ickihun but it wasn't with our bushfires. We're over that now, but until you see flames all around the edge of your town, no way to get out and manning the hoses at 3 a.m. only an idiot would be truly comfortable with that. Such is life downunder :)

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun - are you saying your have had a heart attack, as in a diagnosed coronary event at the time you are referring to in the quoted part of your text I've copied below?

"....My life has changed from multipal pregnancy tests bought to having heart attack checking blood tests......"