What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, 636 messages to read :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Been quite a busy time so haven't had chance to catch up. But working on it. ;)

7th - 4.5
8th - 4.9
9th - 4.6
10th - 4.3
11th - 6.0

I've done 2 presentations last week (got me roady with me, Eric). 1 in the community to about 25 people. A few diabetics amongst them. Using my new £47 projector. Not the best in the world by any stretch of the imagination! But did the job.
Now the following day was a different ball game! Up at the main hospital in the education room. I emailed my slides and just used all their equipment. Great lighting, camera ACTION!!! over 20 there too. 3 monthly tinnitus group. I did a talk as asked by a friend. The day before was a fellow diabetic from the ppg so only doing for friends at the moment. But soon will be doing a YouTube video (well that's my plan anyway).
Both got great reception. I was delighted.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Did an experiment with starchy carbs to back up my DUK complaint case. Details to follow, just picking hubby up from work. They have roped him back in 2 days a week. Retirement was short lived but he is a very happy bunny. His own workshop, no interruptions, no phones ringing, brews bought up for him. What's not to love!!!:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right, just gone back 24 hours in this thread...I think I have caught up...

This wind is awful. Had a job keeping my balance when I was out, then the wind stole my 4 wheel walker from me and it goes trundling down the road with my stick in it, but someone one ran and returned it to me or else I was like a beached whale.

I was exhausted when I got home. Fell asleep. Popeye slept too...

Now I have caught up on here I need another nap...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was exhausted when I got home.
Blimey gennepher that was definitely a walk on the wild side...thank goodness someone rescued the walker (and you)...it was so windy today on the drive home from the hospital it was tricky staying in a straight line...at one point I thought one of my tyres was flat...realised it was the wind...take care out there.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

This wind is awful. Had a job keeping my balance when I was out, then the wind stole my 4 wheel walker from me and it goes trundling down the road with my stick in it, but someone one ran and returned it to me or else I was like a beached whale.

@gennepher that must have been scary for you thank goodness someone helped out. No wonder you were exhausted and glad you and Popeye had a snooze. Have you got stuff in for the next few days?

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs hope you and Julie are comfortable and well. Never easy moving in the winter but if you have the basics covered the boxes can be done when they are. I am sure you are exhausted. Please take care, best wishes.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

How scary! Thank goodness for the good neighbor.
Have a good nap. :) ^. .^

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey gennepher that was definitely a walk on the wild side...thank goodness someone rescued the walker (and you)...it was so windy today on the drive home from the hospital it was tricky staying in a straight line...at one point I thought one of my tyres was flat...realised it was the wind...take care out there.

Thanks @HarryBeau
Don't you go over any fly overs in this wind...the bridge here over the river is closed, not safe.
You take care also.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, 636 messages to read :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Been quite a busy time so haven't had chance to catch up. But working on it. ;)

7th - 4.5
8th - 4.9
9th - 4.6
10th - 4.3
11th - 6.0

I've done 2 presentations last week (got me roady with me, Eric). 1 in the community to about 25 people. A few diabetics amongst them. Using my new £47 projector. Not the best in the world by any stretch of the imagination! But did the job.
Now the following day was a different ball game! Up at the main hospital in the education room. I emailed my slides and just used all their equipment. Great lighting, camera ACTION!!! over 20 there too. 3 monthly tinnitus group. I did a talk as asked by a friend. The day before was a fellow diabetic from the ppg so only doing for friends at the moment. But soon will be doing a YouTube video (well that's my plan anyway).
Both got great reception. I was delighted.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Did an experiment with starchy carbs to back up my DUK complaint case. Details to follow, just picking hubby up from work. They have roped him back in 2 days a week. Retirement was short lived but he is a very happy bunny. His own workshop, no interruptions, no phones ringing, brews bought up for him. What's not to love!!!:)

Win Win for you and hubby!
t31170.gif
t31170.gif

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my windy bike ride and fallen trees I truly expected the tall pine trees by a pond I pass to be layed flat, fortunately they still stood and the light behind them strong and so have done a watercolour sketch of them, may do a larger painting later in the year. Watercolour, between A4 and A5 size paper, brushes used shown below, time about 30 minutes.

IMG_2587.JPG

IMG_2588.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my windy bike ride and fallen trees I truly expected the tall pine trees by a pond I pass to be layed flat, fortunately they still stood and the light behind them strong and so have done a watercolour sketch of them, may do a larger painting later in the year. Watercolour, between A4 and A5 size paper, brushes used shown below, time about 30 minutes.

View attachment 38508

View attachment 38509
Beautiful we have about a dozen Scotts Pines on a boundary and they waved back and forth in the wind last weekend but survived.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This may be a repeat here ... if so, enjoy the reprise --

Lyrics here:
https://genius.com/The-beach-boys-little-honda-lyrics

hahaha..Like.

here's the new addition @SaskiaKC
a little bit different to that bike you posted, but the same spirit, i hope.
( little bumper spray to refresh the plastic, and screen off for a buffing..ooh err, missus :D )

EDIT: Sat with it's big sister..Oh and they both do 140+

(Bike in MPH, the scoot in MPG..:hilarious: )

Peggie piaggiot 013.jpg

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher wow what an experience, thank goodness you are OK, hope your nap helps.

On the posorive side what an inspiration for a painting.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 38508

View attachment 38509

VERY Nice...liking that one a lot..the light for the water..perfect.

i meant to mention this.
not surer if you might have seen it, given your and Genns eye for the visual.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-51386024
i know it's camera work but i still think you might like it
did think the tree one looked like ti was an ENT, and the space shot was beautifully captured
but my fav was Hasfoss (pic 4) though if having one hanging it would the 1st one

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
VERY Nice...liking that one a lot..the light for the water..perfect.

i meant to mention this.
not surer if you might have seen it, given your and Genns eye for the visual.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-51386024
i know it's camera work but i still think you might like it
did think the tree one looked like ti was an ENT, and the space shot was beautifully captured
but my fav was Hasfoss (pic 4) though if having one hanging it would the 1st one
Thanks @jjraak these are truly amazing I usually keep my eye on such photographs but missed these, appreciate you bringing them to my attention. I have attended a few talks by landscape photographers and the lengths and time they spend doing calculations of sun the right time of year and angle is inspirational, they deserve to capture such great images.

The loan tree. I did a watercolour of a very old tree on shugborough Estate which won a local competition. Here it be....
IMG_2589.JPG