What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BUT it does also point out the absolute benefit of ONE simple little app
A little too Orwellian for my liking, yes I know there is loads of data out there from whatever we do, but this is an even bigger reason to leave your phone at home.

As for Ben Nevis rescue I fear that many now think that Mobile Phones are all they need for protection, idiots! As a Mountain Leader I constantly despair at the gear or lack of I see when Mountain walking. When did mountains loose their Majesty and Awesomeness?

ZA or not let's just do the road trip :) could be a practice run.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Methinks you have a point. And not to be flippant, or inappropriately mix metaphors, but it's hard to keep an eye on the ball when the eye is covered in sand.

animal-illustration-featuring-ostrich-burying-260nw-785592043.jpg

BS works just as well, i'm reliably informed..(misnomer, surely )

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right, one more day on the Plains of McGarrett...whoop whoop

:D

So, you have decided to extend your stay, sir? Great news! :) Allow me to just turn up the music ...

(Every time I do that I get a mattress ad .... how weird is that ... :D)

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.9 yesterday and 4.5 today

it's sleeting and raining and gusty here and the sea last night was rolling up to the road and into the car park ;) so I guess it's quieter today :hilarious:

Hope everyone is OK. Areas near where my brother lives are flooded :sorry:

We only went out for mr. gee's dental appointment today and to buy and post a birthday card then came home and put the woodburner on :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, you have decided to extend your stay, sir? Great news! :) Allow me just turn up the music ...

(Every time I do that I get a mattress ad .... how weird is that ... :D)
Thank you @SaskiaKC

i must admit, i did dad boogie again..:)
Vogued AND striked the pose...:hilarious:

But i do feel i stole it.
No order of merit for that score, sadly.

only the real 5.0's deserves it i feel,
i'll get mine again soon i hope.

But for now, thank you, quite enjoyed

In a pointer to @Muddy Cyclist fears..and re mattresses

i got a scooter video and " I LOVE the 70's Music compliation" links
for what it's worth.

THEY know SO much about us.
we are going to be assimilated in the Borg whether we struggle or not, it seems...

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks DJC INR too high again back there in two weeks...kittengate was a nightmare a toilet roll stolen & shredded into hundreds of small pieces...covered the rug...in the kitchen...up the stairs...it was a nightmare to clear up took hours...just back with the shopping got them some chews for their little (very sharp) teeth...hoping they will stick to chewing those...just so you don't have to look back here in kittengate in one room

View attachment 38496

Oh no! I shouldn’t laugh but look at the innocent wonder on that little face. I feel strangely comforted that you are going through it too though - a bit of companionship in our mummy fur baby journeys. It must have been the devils own job to get the bits out of that lovely deep pile rug. Den has loads of chews and toys but still spots an unattended book, newspaper, tv remote etc in an instant.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @SaskiaKC

i must admit, i did dad boogie again..:)
Vogued AND striked the pose...:hilarious:

But i do feel i stole it.
No order of merit for that score, sadly.

only the real 5.0's deserves it i feel,
i'll get mine again soon i hope.

But for now, thank you, quite enjoyed

In a pointer to @Muddy Cyclist fears..and re mattresses

i got a scooter video and " I LOVE the 70's Music compliation" links
for what it's worth.

THEY know SO much about us.
we are going to assimilated in the Borg whether we struggle or not, it seems...

This may be a repeat here ... if so, enjoy the reprise --

Lyrics here:
https://genius.com/The-beach-boys-little-honda-lyrics

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and a 6 today.

A bright and crisp day, calm with a sprinkling of white stuff on north facing slopes. To bike ride or not? May cycle too the clinic to find our why they have not been in touch regarding my HbA1c blood test.

@dunelm happy daughters birthday, enjoy.

@karen8967 hope all goes well with the consultant.

@gennepher sprimg/Autumn/height of summer all captured. I see one of those hillside wind bent trees, I know what you mean about finished or not, look forward to seeing what you decide.

Find time in your busy days to reflect on all that's important. Take care.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
Still not sure, so leaving it for the mo.
Hope you having a good day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.3 disappointing!
@DJC3 glad you are back safe and sound. Hope all was ok at home, I bet you and Dennis were excited to see each other. @gennepher that looks like a stormy scene to my untrained eye. @HarryBeau and @karen8967 good luck with your medical appointmens. @Ryhia congrats on your fantastic FBG. @dunelm enjoy your daughter’s birthday meal and hope the menu is helpful. @Muddy Cyclist take care out there today on the ice. @SaskiaKC sweet dreams of comfy mattresses!
Have a good Tuesday everyone. Chilly, wrap up warm. Stay well, stay safe.

Thanks @PenguinMum
I half thought it had a stormy feel as well...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all a mixed bag of weather here today including a snow storm.

@jjraak and @PenguinMum i sure hope the ZA does not happen tonight as my VW camper van is still at the garage they could not get the cam belt and service finished, they say they were held up this morning with another job, however I thought I could smell gin.

@SlimLizzy sorry about the damage but a lovely home you have there.

@gennepher a great use of the left over paint and wonderful silver birch trees. Hug for lack of sleep.

@trick60 great HbA1c hope I can do as well this week. Mind you my Health Centre of Excellence, their words not mine, have not called me in and it's due Tuesday, looks like I will be knocking on their door again.

Been a long day, difficult MIL visit.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On our way home from Visiting MIL drove through a snowstorm past a windmill at Upper Longdon, they are not all in Norfolk, and the sun was just setting so that's what inspired today's painting, watercolour between A5 and A4 size. Brushes used Large and Rigger, the spray bottle was used to keep the sky damp, its water not cleaner. Paints in pans not tubes. Time taken 20 mins whilst dinner was being prepared, yes by me so lots of running backwards and forwards, even dipped a paint brush in my glass of wine in the confusion and probably the reason the windmill is a bit cockeyed.

View attachment 38487

The equipment used

View attachment 38488
Love it, and really love the equipment photo...brilliant... @Muddy Cyclist

I have drunk my tea which I realised after was a strange colour...at least we don't have watercolour paints with lead in any more...actually I do have quite a lot of old watercolour pans and tubes with lead in, but they are in a sealed labelled bag so I don't use them...

I do have a habit of licking a fine brush to get that point needed...