What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...some aches & pains from Thursday evening but still laughing about my gymnastics...excellent sleep last night although interrupted by 2 little beasts who now know how to open their room door...they're growing up fast luckily I had anticipated that so closed both the living room & kitchen doors no disarray in those rooms yet...the latest great drama here 'Cardboard Box gate' now in full mode...lots of squabbling over the empty Amazon delivery box … what next I wonder...the wind is picking up we will be hiding indoors today...woke to a 6.6.

View attachment 38642

aw, bless em..they really ARE like children aren't they..

and agree on the 'waste' of money buying cats anything nice..ungrateful little rascals, the lot of em..:D:hilarious:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh Dunelm, you make me laugh so much but how I feel your pain. At one physio session they put me on a rack to stretch me, didn't work still the same height. Lol. Should be walking my hands up and down the wall as and twisting my neck as in the exorcist as we speak. Drinking Koffy's good arm exercise.

aw, best wishes the exercises work for ya . @Ryhia

if it helps i don't think the rack worked too well for Mel Gibson either..:watching:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i do wonder if many are like i was...expect a painting to be like a photograph.

I LIKE it ..it looks done to me, but i also like that maybe it isn't, that it has a certain 'reality' to it, that some photos, can never have

Yes @jjraak I think people have expected a painting to be a copy of a photograph.
If I use a photograph as my source material for a painting, then I also expect my painting to look like it. But if the painting is out of my head, then that is better for me, because I don't have that 'obligation' to be true to the photograph. So I 'suffer' from the same kind of expectation!

That is what I like, that I can get a different kind of reality in my paintings.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A day late -- and a letter short? Ask your cats ... :)

brownie.jpg

Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak I gave you a "funny" for your dining-out story, not for the funeral of course ...
I am glad the day out ended well for you and FIL. And I love his cheering red St Valentine's Day shirt. :)
Duck and lamb on the same menu on the same day ... decisions, decisions ...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak I gave you a "funny" for your dining-out story, not for the funeral of course ...
I am glad the day out ended well for you and FIL. And I love his cheering red St Valentine's Day shirt. :)
Duck and lamb on the same menu on the same day ... decisions, decisions ...

agree, but SO trumped by the BEEF..imho...:bag:

the girls have eaten there before, and say it's ALL good.
(think they have been through the card with granddad/dad on so many outings there.)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
kama sutra..'Snigger' 'snigger'...

hope it all improves..remember well the pain of a slipped disc, so don't envy you one bit..

yoga MIGHT help...this one can be done from a chair, IF that helps..:bag:

5344cdb20708462941768782f383f47e.jpg

:D

best wishes you get better soonest :)

We have "chair yoga" classes where I live ... do you think it would be a good idea for me to submit this photo to the editor of our newsletter to advertise the class? :angelic:

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have "chair yoga" classes where I live ... do you think it would be a good idea for me to submit this photo to the editor of our newsletter to advertise the class? :angelic:
Not unless smelling salts is readily to hand..:D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Halfway through February, and I've just been reviewing my FBG numbers ... consistently lower the first half of this month than in January, especially in the first half of January. I don't know how the carbs I ate for supper last night didn't give me a higher number before breakfast this morning but what matters is that they didn't ... this time ... and that I have thrown out the leftovers so they can't tempt me again tonight. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been following a carnivour diet since the beginning of the year - got my blood sugars well controlled. However, at the end of this month I am switching to a vegan diet for two months to see if I get similar results.

So , diet doctor is being looked at for ideas . This one from Jamie Oliver looks good also and could be a winner for everyone:
https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegan/whole-roast-cauliflower-with-warm-harissa-hummus/

Ooh interesting experiment
be most interested in your finding over both variants, impacts etc.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy preparing food, entertaining family but managed to get this A4 watercolour knocked off with the help of youngest Granddaughter, reflects our stormy day and walking with my SIL and his dog over Fields earlier, granddaughter insisted on her dad and dog being in the picture and the coat had to be red :) took 15 minutes.

IMG_20200215_164727.jpg

@gennepher enjoyable art is fabulous, well done. I often resort to fingers, do regret it when cadmium yellow or cobalt blue is involved as it really stains.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I’m still on the grid yay! Just checking in while its blowing a hooley outside. @jjraak your food in both restaurants was quite fabulous even if the Thai place had all the dead wildlife hanging around :arghh: but loved loved loved the idea of your romantic dinner with FIL :joyful:. Top of the class.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Busy preparing food, entertaining family but managed to get this A4 watercolour knocked off with the help of youngest Granddaughter, reflects our stormy day and walking with my SIL and his dog over Fields earlier, granddaughter insisted on her dad and dog being in the picture and the coat had to be red :) took 15 minutes.

View attachment 38674

@gennepher enjoyable art is fabulous, well done. I often resort to fingers, do regret it when cadmium yellow or cobalt blue is involved as it really stains.

Love it @Muddy Cyclist !

Granddaughter is right about the red coat :) She has taste!

Thank you! By the way I have some special cream I use to put on my hands to try stop the paint staining making it easier to wash off.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The wind and rain going doolally out there.
Another fence being wrecked by Storm Dennis...it is tearing it to bits...ripping it to shreds...it is the gusts that are wicked...
Fences I can deal with later.

I belong to Postcrossing where they send me random addresses to send postcards to, and then they give random other people my address to send me a postcard to. I got a picture postcard from Hong Kong this morning! On it, (she is a random stranger), she wrote,
"Greetings from Hong Kong. This picture postcard is drawn by me when I was 6 years old. Recently the virus has been spread through worldwide, & don't worry I'm healthy still, ha ha. I hope everything will be fine soon. Wish you have an enjoyable and healthy life!"

The picture drawn from when she was 6 is absolutely amazing. She put washi tape and stickers on it. The whole thing made me smile! I am going to register it in a minute, and send her a nice message.

Absolutely no going out in this storm. It is scary. I am sitting by the window (radiator hugging with Popeye) watching my front garden getting battered...

You lot take care...

UPDATE: Moments later, that was a savage gust ...I felt something, so I opened the kitchen door. Another fence has gone flying...into my metal gate...which stopped it. That was fortunate for my car which is immediately on the other side of my metal gate...I cannot leave my property now. That gate is my only exit point, unless I climb out the front window...

I came back in. There is nothing I can safely do.

Just pray...

Last edited: