Newly Diagnosed T2

Nottsandy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everybody

I have been pre diabetic for about 4 years now my HbA1c has been in the high 40's (46-47) I followed the 5:2 diet for a year and my reading dropped to 43 which I was disappointed about and thought "that was a waste of time and effort" how wrong was I.

I have just had my yearly check up and my reading is now 49 I know its not horrendous but non the less I am now classed as T2
Diabetic which has now given me the kick up the backside I needed after having the attitude it will never happen to me!

Anyway the doctors phoned me yesterday to tell me they had a book for me to read Dr Moseley 8 week diet which I picked up last night and I have almost read it.

I will post updates of my journey to see if I can reverse the result with diet and exercise

What a great site this is thank you all.

Andrew

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi,
Welcome to the site. Let us know how it goes.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everybody

I have been pre diabetic for about 4 years now my HbA1c has been in the high 40's (46-47) I followed the 5:2 diet for a year and my reading dropped to 43 which I was disappointed about and thought "that was a waste of time and effort" how wrong was I.

I have just had my yearly check up and my reading is now 49 I know its not horrendous but non the less I am now classed as T2
Diabetic which has now given me the kick up the backside I needed after having the attitude it will never happen to me!

Anyway the doctors phoned me yesterday to tell me they had a book for me to read Dr Moseley 8 week diet which I picked up last night and I have almost read it.

I will post updates of my journey to see if I can reverse the result with diet and exercise

What a great site this is thank you all.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

The Mosley diet is a good start from what I understand, but there's a few for-life changes to keep any progress made, afterwards. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- Something to read before you hit the next book. (May I suggest Dr. Jason Fung's the Diabetes Code next for your nightstand? :) ).

All in all, your HbA1C is just barely in the diabetic range. Should be easy enough to get back into the non-diabetic range, and stay there.
Good luck!
Jo

Nottsandy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everybody for your replies I certainly will look the books up and have a read.
I think now I have had that kick in the backside I am determined to make a life long change.
Andrew

Reactions: KennyA

Nottsandy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everybody
I hope you are all keeping well and safe.
Well my 8 week fast weight loss ended on Sunday so as promised here is my progress/results. I am still waiting to be called back to my doctors for a follow up Type 2 test but I don't suppose that will be happening any time soon.

My starting weight was 13 stone 11lb my waist at its fattest point around my belly button was 43 inch
I now weigh 12 stone 2lb and my waist is 38 inch I just hope it has had an effect on my HbA1c reading.
I must say I have been eating food I would never have even tried before and enjoyed eating it too I might add.
I will post again after I have had my test
Stay Safe
Andrew

Last edited:

Nottsandy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my HbA1c results after following my diet, it has gone from 49 to 45.
I know it's still in the prediabetic range but I will take it as a big positive.
Andy

Reactions: Flora123