Medtronic replacement pump warranty

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone know what happens with the warranty if you get a replacement pump from Medtronic? I got my 640g in 2016 and had to have it replaced in 2018 because of a fault, I'm confused about whether I need a new pump this year because the warranty of the original 640g runs out, or do I need a new one in 2022 when the replacement pump will be 4 years old? When I got the replacement they did say something about the warranty but I can't remember what it was :(
I will get in touch with Medtronic to check but may have forgotten about it by Monday :hilarious: I've just changed hospitals and they wanted to know when the warranty was up.
Thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @sleepster the warranty runs out from the date you got your original pump not the replacement, I am also due a new pump as my warranty has run out so have been told by Medtronic this as also had mine replaced twice in this time. Medtronic will contact you when it’s due to be replaced and then you should hear from your team but as you’ve changed hospitals I’d chase them up on this as it may get lost in communication.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @sleepster the warranty runs out from the date you got your original pump not the replacement, I am also due a new pump as my warranty has run out so have been told by Medtronic this as also had mine replaced twice in this time. Medtronic will contact you when it’s due to be replaced and then you should hear from your team but as you’ve changed hospitals I’d chase them up on this as it may get lost in communication.
Thanks so much @Juicyj, I told the hospital it was this year that the warranty ran out, but then had a slight panic that I'd told them that without checking!

Reactions: Juicyj

Tonto73

It remains the same. So if the new pumps was a 4 year warranty then that’s your timeline. A replacement pump doesn’t start a new warranty period; Your still up for a new one four years after you originally started.

I swapped Medtronic for Tandem last week. So far it’s great!