1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Medtronic replacement pump warranty

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by sleepster, Feb 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what happens with the warranty if you get a replacement pump from Medtronic? I got my 640g in 2016 and had to have it replaced in 2018 because of a fault, I'm confused about whether I need a new pump this year because the warranty of the original 640g runs out, or do I need a new one in 2022 when the replacement pump will be 4 years old? When I got the replacement they did say something about the warranty but I can't remember what it was :(
    I will get in touch with Medtronic to check but may have forgotten about it by Monday :hilarious: I've just changed hospitals and they wanted to know when the warranty was up.
    Thanks

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @sleepster the warranty runs out from the date you got your original pump not the replacement, I am also due a new pump as my warranty has run out so have been told by Medtronic this as also had mine replaced twice in this time. Medtronic will contact you when it’s due to be replaced and then you should hear from your team but as you’ve changed hospitals I’d chase them up on this as it may get lost in communication.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks so much @Juicyj, I told the hospital it was this year that the warranty ran out, but then had a slight panic that I'd told them that without checking!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tonto73

Tonto73 · Member

It remains the same. So if the new pumps was a 4 year warranty then that’s your timeline. A replacement pump doesn’t start a new warranty period; Your still up for a new one four years after you originally started.

I swapped Medtronic for Tandem last week. So far it’s great!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook