Added Low carb to 16:2 this week.

KathyFrance

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't posted for long long time.

We've been 16:8ers for 4 years now. At the outset husband went down a trouser size but for me who's just been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease there was no discernable difference due to steroid intake.

4 years on I have decided we need to cut carbs. We live in France and baguettes are easy (and I have know for year they're really high GI). So, today is Day 3 of our new regime. I've upped our protein, upped fat and cut out completely potatoes, bread, pasta.
Not felt hungry of course and have enjoyed having to think about how to keep us feeling satiated.

Today I have Pork chunks cooking in the slow cooker in apple compote (pureed apple no sugar). I know they're is fructose in the apples but was almost going to pour in some cider!! so apple compote is a good compromise :D
Will serve with Cauliflower Gratin (shove cooked cauliflower under the grill with cream & grated cheese).

I even remembered to measure our girths.....that way if there is no weight loss, at least we'll see if we're lost some centimeters.

Have a good Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck. I hope it works out for you. I have to ask though...what is 16:2? I can't quite decipher that one.

Reactions: KathyFrance

KathyFrance

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck. I hope it works out for you. I have to ask though...what is 16:2? I can't quite decipher that one.
16 hours fasting and sorry, 8 hours eating window. I meant 16:8 and got muddled with 5:2 Doh!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe next time go for the cider - if it ends in ose it is a sugar.