Today’s carbs.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m baking apple cakes when I get home, to take into work tomorrow, meeting my mentor for the first time so am sucking up.

10oz SR flour, 6oz butter, 6 oz sugar (I’m mixing caster and muscovado), 2 finely chopped Bramley apples and two eggs. Plus all the cinnamon & allspice. Mix in the usual cakey way and bake at 180°C for 45 minutes for a full sized cake or 20 for cupcakes. I’m doing a double batch.
That’s a lot of sucking up.:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast . Hope you can get the hypos sorted. It’s knowing where to start. Lower the insulin and the next day we go high, eat more carbs and 2 weeks later we’re injecting insulin for fun and putting weight on which in turn requires more insulin.
Little tweaks here and there.
Today was a late breakfast. Bit of yogurt and fruit
Glucotabs required towards end of gym visit.:banghead:
Roast chicken, mash, roast potatoes, cauliflower, brussels, roast onions and stuffing for today’s main course.

Reactions: kev-w

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On route to lanzarote today ..3.15 am pickup to manchester ...sarnies packed and mini pork pies ....its been a grueller ...arrived at 11.45 am ..delay of 2 hrs for bus .. carbs ?? Squashed ham and picallili sarrnies for brekkie 5.15 am , squashed ham and picallili sarnies for kinda like brunch 7.30am ...on the bus at 2pm a bite of soggy pork pie ( no insulin ) ...got to gaff ...off to beach bar 4.15 ..bag of crisps and jelly baby .. at said gaff now ...about to look after myself with a proper egg on toast.
Total carbs ? Guestimation ..50 ... its tough to keep control when your travelling

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ryvita and cheese for breakfast,
Epic mixed grill for lunch (in pub)with onion rings did swap the chips for a side salad because i wanted to eat a bit healthier
Two doorstep pueces of tost for tea as wasnt really hungry

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just catching up (from 3 days agao) Just read pancakes and now I want pancakes. Even after the pancake disaster after pancake day lol

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Granola and yogurt early doors.
A couple of bananas and an apple to keep me above 4 at work.
A egg and avocado sandwich on brown.
Dinner has been. Steak and dumpling pie ( Morrisons) cabbage and brussel sprouts.
Off out for a walk later this could result in a “ carb top up “ once back home.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A standard bowl of porridge for me, followed by 3 eggs scrambled with a generous splash of Franks red hot sauce and the 2 slices of wholemeal bread, around 70g complex carbs & 4.5u Humalog, last night's tea was nice, chicken breast in a hot tomato sauce and fresh spaghetti (75g's worth0 tossed in pesto, lunch will be a sarnie in wholemeal with pork liver & mushroom pate.

'Tother day I discovered Nightscouts reports and I eat around 150g carbs a day using around 32u insulin split 52% fast acting/48% basal.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Into the confessional I go. Yesterday was my birthday btw:
no breakfast other than copious coffee and 2 tsp almond butter.
Love love love this product even without toast!
Taught my cycle class for 30 minutes fuelled by fat alone.
Butternut squash and a freshly baked cheese scone (guestimate at 30g)
Then iced my own birthday cake with chocolatey items and butter cream. Stopped counting.
Out for a meal of homous on bread and a halloumi burger in a bun with avocado followed by mini slice of cake and rose.
Resulted in bg chaos overnight but worth it!
That was my carb day and I am back to zero starch regime now because I really cannot be doing with the carb/insulin accountancy.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@NicoleC1971 .
Confessional? Surely it’s only a confessional if you have sinned. Have you sinned?
Sadly this forum can make some people feel like they are sinners at times.:)

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Catching up for yesterday:

Bowl of porridge with a few dark chocolate chips scattered on top for breakfast. Later on in the morning had a chocolate waffle as well. Then nothing until dinner which was hunter's chicken, chips and veg consisting of peas, carrots and green beans.

Today I skipped breakfast and waited until mid-morning to have a banana and nature valley bar. Will see what I've got for dinner tonight when I get in.

'Tother day I discovered Nightscouts reports and I eat around 150g carbs a day using around 32u insulin split 52% fast acting/48% basal.

Welcome back @kev-w, nice to see you around again. :)
Can you let me know which report in Nightscout you're referring to? Curious to have a look in mine.

Reactions: Marie 2

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome back @kev-w, nice to see you around again. :)
Can you let me know which report in Nightscout you're referring to? Curious to have a look in mine.

Hi and cheers, on the Nightscout page there's 'buttons' top rightt, the one next to the + button gives you a 'reports' option, it's on there at the bottom of the page, I found it by accident...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Usual ryvita x4 and cheese (red leicester) for breakfast
Roast pork and salad sandwich an a packet of marmite crisp for dinner
Special fried rice for tea when hubby gets in from work we live right facing the chippy and a fast food place its so tempting but i do resist most of the time nice to see you back kev xx

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Skipped breakfast.
Out for lunch, ham and tomato sandwich for me, BLT for my better half. We did halvses or shares .
Banana and 2 jelly babies prior to gym, 4 glucotabs during gym.
Tonight is chippy night. A walk, pick up a tray of chips open and a battered sausage for the wife and then we just amble and eat.