Me again

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
You may recall I've been in hospital with a particularly nasty kidney infection and hospital put me on insulin as BS high. First off they went down to 10 - fasting - not great but better than original 15 +. Suddenly they are shooting up again. I had 9 yesterday morning but 17.5 last evening before 2nd insulin shot and I ate was 2 weetabix and a few raspberries, I small slice of low carb bread with melted cheese. Now this morning back at 17.5 and I wonder if I'm doing my insulin shot properly - I know it sounds crazy but it's like I'm not on insulin. It is novomix 30 I started at 6 in morning and 10 evening I've upped that to 8 and 12. My daughter also T2 thinks it might be infection.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may recall I've been in hospital with a particularly nasty kidney infection and hospital put me on insulin as BS high. First off they went down to 10 - fasting - not great but better than original 15 +. Suddenly they are shooting up again. I had 9 yesterday morning but 17.5 last evening before 2nd insulin shot and I ate was 2 weetabix and a few raspberries, I small slice of low carb bread with melted cheese. Now this morning back at 17.5 and I wonder if I'm doing my insulin shot properly - I know it sounds crazy but it's like I'm not on insulin. It is novomix 30 I started at 6 in morning and 10 evening I've upped that to 8 and 12. My daughter also T2 thinks it might be infection.
Could be the infection, could be a bunch of other things. Weetabix is very high in carbs, did you know that and adjust insulin accordingly? (Because you did have low carb bread after, I can't help but wonder whether you knew weetabix was seriously high...) Might be a good idea to check what your meals are carb-wise, check whether they're high low or moderate, and keep an eye on your blood sugars.... If they're that bad and you can't get them under control, you might want to call 111 for help.

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Weetabix is very high in carbs, did you know that and adjust insulin accordingly? (Because you did have low carb bread after, I can't help but wonder whether you

No I didn't check. It was what they gave me hospital, so maybe back to porridge.

M

Member496333

If Weetabix is causing issues then I'd be surprised if porridge is much better.