Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Small country town in rual australia.

Thanks Cobia,
I work with children with SEN and some of the children, in the past some of the children I have worked with have moderate to severe medical conditions, so have they been isolated by their parents or the school, I have not seen or heard anything.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
i think i'll pass, whats next weeks special offer, lucky dip on the eggs with salmonella..good grief.
Sainsbury's you say..Nice to know those who are really taking it seriously and those happy to just keep making a buck regardless of the unnecessary risks to the public..

All foods, in the last week/10 days have not been left on the stand, they are covered and a sample handed over to customers via a napkin. I should of worked today, but I had a little accident yesterday involving a fall and my right side is painful, so I decided not to aggravate it, then sent them a message. I am not working in the supermarket until the beginning of April now, with further updates on events to come,
My whole point of messaging managers via whatsapp group, was to let other co workers, most are in different locations, to be aware of the situation and write a comment if needed.

Reactions: Debandez

JVH2310

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Very little has been said about the particular risks of Coronavirus to PWD.

In effect, if you have a pre-existing condition then the risk of death is increased to around 10%; risk of critical illness increased to around 40% if you "catch" Coronavirus. The medical term for these increases in morbidity (death rates) is comorbidity.

Thanks for this post, but this is not the meaning of "comorbidity". It has nothing to do with death. Comorbidity means "the fact that people who have a disease or condition also have one or more other diseases or conditions".

Clinically, morbidity=disease, mortality=death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill_St

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Point taken... But if it's a good idea Monday.
Why isn't it a good idea right now.
Not much to do except to tell people.?

Fully understand you are just passing on information... Not a dig at you in any way.
Apologies if it seemed that way.

This is just going downhill so fast..:banghead:
Watching the news and seeing the numbers mount across Europe.

Hotels being spoken to to see if they can use rooms as hospital beds in Spain., So I heard on sky news.... Spanish lockdown coming.
We might go early next week.. Worrying.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
As they are not going to be doing much testing here in the UK, our stats will be skewed and inaccurate anyway, and useless for any purpose except death rate,
IF they test all those who die.

I have a vision of tumbleweed drifting by ..................

The-tumbleweed-invasion-730x410.jpg

Reactions: Debandez and jjraak
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Point taken... But if it's a good idea Monday.
Why isn't it a good idea right now.
Not much to do except to tell people.?

Fully understand you are just passing on information... Not a dig at your in any way.
Apologies if it seemed that way.

This is just going downhill so fast..:banghead:
Watching the news and seeing the numbers mount across Europe.

No apologises necessary @jjaak, I could see your reply was aimed at both companies, it's all very frustrating indeed !!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NUT asking Boris why schools are staying open, sports bodies ignoring boris and cancelling big events by themselves...
The tail is starting to wag the dog

10 more deaths in UK from covid

**** creek..no paddle.

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just head from son in Dublin that there is a rumour going round that Ireland will be in Lockdown come Monday.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Just like the local farmers slurry round here, "the air as you say, is redolent of rodent!":)
D.

As they are not going to be doing much testing here in the UK, our stats will be skewed and inaccurate anyway, and useless for any purpose except death rate, IF they test all those who die.

Can anyone else smell rats round here?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to point out that if they do less testing of those with mild or no symptoms, then that would make the percentage dying much higher, which hardly seems likely to be the aim of some conspiracy.

lindisfel

Expert
If they dont test, how will they know if we ever reach this, so called, herd immunity?
Am I having my leg pulled?

Like some kind of super surfer in a storm, with blond locks flapping, Boris canutis is going ride the perfect flat topped wave, to an ideal solution to our problems. :)

lindisfel

Expert
Just to point out that if they do less testing of those with mild or no symptoms, then that would make the percentage dying much higher, which hardly seems likely to be the aim of some conspiracy.
Any inquest will be able to mitigate the reasons if you have high bp and T2D.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rat
Just head from son in Dublin that there is a rumour going round that Ireland will be in Lockdown come Monday.
I watched the briefing
Seems incredible that two sides could possibly try to have two different systems and expect it to work... Guess that's what Europe is doing, and a few going beyond by shutting the borders.

Can't see that happening in Ireland, the shut down would make good sense. Border stays open.
Not sure it will be all UK..shutting down

However I think Boris will railroaded by the public and businesses to go that route too, before the end of the week , no matter how much he would rather not

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any inquest will be able to mitigate the reasons if you high bp and T2D.
I don't understand your reply. What I meant was, if there are 10 deaths, and they have tested 1,000 people, that's a 1% death rate, if they test 10,000 people with the same 10 deaths then that's a 0.1% death rate. So an implication that they are not testing to make the figures better is not logical.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand your reply. What I meant was, if there are 10 deaths, and they have tested 1,000 people, that's a 1% death rate, if they test 10,000 people with the same 10 deaths then that's a 0.1% death rate. So an implication that they are not testing to make the figures better is not logical.
Well I guess by only testing the most seriously ill the apparent infected total will be lower

but the death rate will be meaningless.

The only accurate figures will be the actual numbers seriously ill and dead. And these hospitalised cases will be the only way to compare the success of the U.K. strategy against other places.

Bill_St

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's a pointless snapshot statistic from a fast changing situation.
I would disagree.
It gives a pointer to the progression of the disease and speed of recovery. Eventually, we would hope the number recovered will be many more than the number of deaths. The progression gives a comparison between the tactics of countries as time passes.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I guess by only testing the most seriously ill the apparent infected total will be lower

but the death rate will be meaningless.

The only accurate figures will be the actual numbers seriously ill and dead. And these hospitalised cases will be the only way to compare the success of the U.K. strategy against other places.

but would those with mild symptoms not just not be tested and simply self isolate,
making any figures pointless in terms of how many had it , how many recovered
the rate of mild v Serious/Critical..

The track and trace by singapore seems to have proved useful

We do need those full numbers so we can plan for the next one.
and with only those hospitalised the data set will be massively skewed.
the ones to have full data will perhaps mean as they say knowledge is power.
making them better prepared then anyone else for disease X,

One reason why the data could be more important then we think