What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @gennepher

what are you doing up..all ok ?
Hi. I am up all night like you!.
Am communicating with daughter in Oz who is telling me Australia is slowly shifting into action, trying to follow the right path, but being neutral of when to commit to lockdowns etc . Works talks in progress at mo there.
All okay.
Cat is training me for litter tray duty.
How's it with you?
How is daughter?

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.1

It's not food that is raising this. I have been good eating.

Must be stress over this pandemic. It's no good.

So am hour meditation now and start the day again.

Take care.
Hugs.
Will peek in later.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and 5.6 for me today.

Just been listening to a dawn chorus although it's still dark outside, gives one hope such a beautiful sound.

Use your time amazingly today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
h15222.gif

h15060.gif
h15056.gif

h15227.gif

h1507.gif

h1504.gif

t0319.gif

h3410.gif

h07104.gif

h07011.gif
h07011.gif
h07011.gif

Thank you. Oh if only I knew what to do with them.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning pop pickers from a pink tinged dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of rib eye and an undisturbed sleep came in at 4.8 this am.

Such a nice day yesterday that we wandered through the park, down the esplanade and then into town, now turned into a game reserve where you can see herds of zombies trekking from shop to shop, gazing wildly at empty shelves, grunting and then leaving. Some of their prey, “paracetamol” is now an endangered species although some sub species like “panadol” are still to be found sitting safely on shelves, disguised in plain view in their chameleon like green packaging.
Luckily, wine is still in plentiful supply and I have worked out that if I have to self isolate for 4 months then my best bet is to buy a water bed and get some bulk delivery. I have a large bag of Protein Isolate in the cupboard, should I empty the contents and turn it into a balaclava?

My next door neighbor, a theatre nurse at a private hospital tells me that the admin folk have been sending lists of items such as breathing apparatus, theatre sizes and ward sizes to NHS. Rumor control has it that they may be seconded by NHS - have to wait and see.

Hope you are all well. Difficult time. We are on standby to help with shopping etc, for the street of sheltered housing where MIL lives. Koffy - I still have lots of koffy.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning and a beautiful sunny day to kick off the week.

Hospital visit today that can't be postponed so I shall be vigilant. Trip to the park and then some gardening I think, enjoy the day :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...feeling a little ropey today a slight cough and aching shoulders think (hoping) it may be the remnants of the cold/virus I had a couple of weeks ago...hopefully my thermometer will be arriving today or tomorrow...we all have to try not to panic when this happens...coffee what would I do without it...a beautiful dry day so far...beasts fed more food arriving for them (and me) tomorrow...woke to a 6.7

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Good starts to the week fbg wise for @dunelm , @OldButBold , @Muddy Cyclist and @Ryhia. My fbg was a vertiginous 6.2. My bg, especially fbg, is far too high much too often for me to trust lc as most here. That doesn't mean I don't think it is a choice people should be given at DX. Have a great day, take all necessary precautions and be good neighbours. We should have acquired puppies today but delayed as in the midst of a building site - no kitchen for a day or two.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 after a very bumpy night of playing Florence Nightingale. On lighter note Mr Fuzz now has a lady and they very sweetly shared breakfast on the top step this morning. He was his usually greedy self while she was a dainty eater. A bright sunny but chilly morning. @ianpspurs good luck with the kitchen and wise to delay the puppies. When they arrive want photos! @HarryBeau sorry to hear you’re not well and hope its just the sting in the tail as you said. @jjraak read somewhere not sure which thread that Steph is unwell so wishing her all the best for a speedy recovery and all of you well. Let us know how it goes. Take care today everyone, lend a helping sanitised hand where you can. Never more important to stay well, stay safe and carry on.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 today. Was a bit down yesterday thinking of closing down my classes in the near future so had too much cream, Montezuma 's and almond butter - actually way too much. So not surprised about higher fbd.

Overnight had a brilliant idea,- if classes are cancelled I can send out lesson plans so they can practice at home. It will stop me going stir crazy and will help clients. I do it anyway if client's want to practice at home. I won't charge clients if I send by email but will need to cover postage if I send via snail mail.

So now feel much more optimistic and back to normal eating.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Disturbing image incoming. Panic buying and I'm all right Jack is not good so at that level I'm on board with the image. Ethnicity of the woman, indeed all those in shot, hardly accidental so is the Telegraph not at all subtly making a nasty point? bears in woods springs to mind. Not at all encouraging. Why am I not surprised?

upload_2020-3-16_8-47-1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sorry to hear you’re not well and hope its just the sting in the tail as you said
Thanks PM I've perked up a little since getting up...I did have a sore throat & hoarse voice and a bit of a cough at the end of the last cold/virus...making sure I have breakfast...then on with my day.