What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still night here @SaskiaKC
We are both under the electric blanket...
I hope all is well with you :)

Thank you. Yes, other than being bored silly I am fine. The KittenCat is fine too. We have been playing with her fishing-pole mouse, and just had a wrestling match.
t09166.gif

I am going to go to bed now and try to get some sleep -- I was up way too late last night!
See you later. :)

t09132.gif

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening all, a non-congregating 6.1 on the dice today after a very "bready" Sunday. Got GD home from uni, very pleased to see her back home, but it was a long old day of driving.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.1 for me this cold and frosty morning.

Unlike many families our kids and grandchildren have never needed to communicate with us through video technology as we met for family meals and outings so regularly. Now we are keeping in touch in such a way I am amused by my grandaughters when they are holding the device, I am seeing more of the inside of their nostrils than ever before. :)

Do everything you have to today with diligence .

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
we are blessed, as will others be. once we all come to this point, sadly.

a slight side note, the lady NHS.has hit me..
the video of the Medic crying because of no food left on shelves...hit me too

i have suggested to our group, that when we shop, we all buy ONE item extra for the NHS in our locality.
sure many may not need it, but as this crisis bites, they do and will suffer the most...less time, more stress, poor food choice

be nice if we could all chip in a bit to add to their shopping

What a great idea.

Reactions: Ryhia

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Lovely sunny dawn breaking down here on the coast.

Another tricky day yesterday. Had forgotten to take meds. WITH food, two previous days, tried catch-up, so inevitable trouble in the bathroom dept. No pictures available. Hope I can settle body/and mind today.

7.5 mmo/lt at 0545. Temp. 36.1 C.

Always look on the bright side of life.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from the quietness of the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of strange days and staying at home came in at a fair to middling 4.3 this am.

Stayed at home yesterday and will be doing so now unless I need to forage for wine and other essentials.
The garden is looking spruce after supervising Mrs Miggins from the safety of the summer house.
I have now set up a gym in the conservatory; road bike on a back wheel conversion kit, resistance bands, kettle bells, weights and exercise mat - probably will only visit it once.
Hope everyone is well and not going insane just yet. I had my insanity melt down quite a long time ago and do my mind altering mantra, curtesy of a wonderful CBT psych, as and when - you have to escape into the realms of reality some times - Make it so Spock.

Here is my favorite version of “From A Distance”, words included for @gennepher
Have a great day if you can, don’t forget to wear your hoola hoop if you venure outdoors.

Koffy calls

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 and temp of 36.2 this morning.

More time in the garden today as I start on the borders. Her ladyship has placed her new plants where she wants them and I will dutifully obey, although I'm not going out until it seriously warms up ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning roomies

Fbg 3.4 (**** ) temp 38 and it is absolutely fluffing freezing! Fighting the chills (they’re multiplying!) with Ceylon tea, black and sweet by virtue of a little black cherry jam. Delicious.

Big week, be brave, be kind. Stay well.

I hope that's the temp OUTDOORS :wideyed:

Liking the little bit of GREASE, I see what you did there..;)

Damm with @dunelm & you...earworm overload today. :hilarious:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Lovely sunny dawn breaking down here on the coast.

Another tricky day yesterday. Had forgotten to take meds. WITH food, two previous days, tried catch-up, so inevitable trouble in the bathroom dept. No pictures available. Hope I can settle body/and mind today.

7.5 mmo/lt at 0545. Temp. 36.1 C.

Always look on the bright side of life.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.2 this morning. Very chilly out there but sunny too.
Well what will this week bring our way and the way of so many on the frontline. Today I have lots of chores to keep me busy, this sunshine is showing all the dusty corners lol. Its great to be able to get the laundry drying outside, small pleasures in these days.
@gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist thanks for sharing the art both were intriguing.
Thanks for all the support and hugs for yesterday. I hope you all have a good Monday.
Stay well, stay safe, always.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg of 6.2 which makes me feel the need to exculpate myself in these austere times. OMAD and LCHF yesterday along with isolation ending up with that result feels like letting the side down badly. Fantastic art work @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher. Heart warming tales (the singing) @jjraak and (the rent) @Muddy Cyclist. @dunelm great fbg and I too find that version of the song my favourite. Have this sentiment on the house - I like this video the best.

lyrics https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/judds/lovecanbuildabridge.html

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no time to read posts have to get ready for work...I'm in Central London cant say I'm not worried but have to go to work...will be packing the usual things in bag hand sanitiser anti-bacterial wipes disposable gloves...myself & my colleagues considered key workers many thousands of us self employed not backed by this government with financial protection as other workers are hoping those measures will be revised today...keep safe everyone.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have some more distraction for you with a happy and non virus related story, with lots of pictures, as some of you have mentioned liking pictures :)
Take a seat, pour a drink, it's a long story with asides and stuff. Don't read when you don't like pets, in that case it will be a very boring story.

Loved your story we used to have dogs. cats and rabbits when I was young so it brought back memories. :happy:

When my children were young we used to have a dog who lived until he was 17. Mind you it was more he had us, never did manage to get him to come to heel. Cross Staffordshire bull terrier and so strong. After he died we were advised not to have another dog as son was asthmatic. Other son was allergic to cats so they were out as well. Best we could do was Russian hamsters not really very exciting, except then they bit you.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no time to read posts have to get ready for work...I'm in Central London cant say I'm not worried but have to go to work...will be packing the usual things in bag hand sanitiser anti-bacterial wipes disposable gloves...myself & my colleagues considered key workers many thousands of us self employed not backed by this government with financial protection as other workers are hoping those measures will be revised today...keep safe everyone.

So agree.
Disgraceful.behaviour.
How dare they write off so many

The cost of forcing many to choose work
Over the staying home, scandalous.

Do take care,

the other week my biggest concern was worried about what job to go for,
last week it was have we got enough provisions etc,
this week is it safe for Lauren to go to work.:sorry:

Who would have ever have seriously considered that the commute to work could have deadly consequences.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Naimah is a sweety but she liked guinea-pigs a little too much and the pen was built to withstand my own chihuahua-like little monsters, not a 30 kilo giant! Naimah has now found her forever home in a perfect place without guinea-pigs :)
Oh dear!

However it reminded me of our Guinea-pig named Tom Brown Mrs MC had for her class 45 years ago. It came home one school holiday and was put in a cage with an open run on the floor in our kitchen. At the time we also had a cat and an English Setter, sensitive readers don't panic this is not a horror story :joyful:.

Tom Brown was a character we used to leave the cage open and each morning he would rush across the kitchen floor squeaking to greet us. He would often leave his cage and bask in the sun by the glass door, he was House trained always returning to his run for the necessary. Our English Setter would lie with him in the sunshine and on cold days Tom Brown would lie on the Setter. If we called him he would come running some times his legs skidding on the linoleum floor whilst trying to get going. Cat was always stalking him but our Setter would see him off and this continued until he had lived out his life and passed away naturally, such an amazing little creature.

Oh, he became such a part of the home he never went back to the classroom.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Who would have ever have seriously considered that the commute to work could have deadly consequences.
Thanks @jjraak I will be taking my car which will cost a fortune but it's another layer of protection when home will have to seriously reconsider my position will try to get in & out as quickly as possible...we shall see hope Lauren can work from home it is a concern but like me I suspect she & her colleagues will be key workers.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

So agree.
Disgraceful.behaviour.
How dare they write off so many

The cost of forcing many to choose work
Over the starting home, scandalous.

Do take care,

the other week my biggest concern was worried about what job to go for,
last week it was have we got enough provisions etc,
this week is it safe for Lauren to go to work.:sorry:

Reactions: HarryBeau