Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh no, @Jaylee, I wanted to send you more than a hug but there’s no real way to say what I suspect we’re all feeling.

Lets just say, emotional.
Brother inlaw battling bone cancer & was doing quite well in his sterile hospital environment regarding the treatment & rehab.

Now this, confirmed COVID, carted off to "Area 51" by hazmat suits..

I have a lot of time on my hands & can't do a (insert curse word.) thing about it..

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
That’s the worst thing about it, isn’t it @Jaylee, watching it all happen.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a more cheerful note I've a mate self isolating on his boat as his missus is a nurse and they use Cravendale so I left them the 3 cartons at the top of their gangplank as I passed by on the pushbike on my allowed exercise.

A couple of oversized groups out and about but mostly folk have a walk or ride, giving each other a wide berth and a smile.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
been sat in the garden sun bathing with a nice cold bottle of corona(not the virus) may even stretch to a vodka will phone chippy later and order me kebab so happy days cheers everyone ;)
Will your chippy be operating? All the ones round here have closed I'm told (seriously I wouldn't know, don't like fish & chips :eek:)

Reactions: kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brian Cat’s huge bag of food was delivered at lunch time, so we won’t be shredded by hangry mog. Very necessary for as we begin to look like our younger hippie selves his claws will become Brian Scissor Hands.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, another sunny start to the day, 6.3 on waking too :happy:
Need to call GP surgery regarding an injury to the lower right side of my back, it is still painful after 2 weeks and if I sneeze, the pain is so bad, so best I have quick word about it.
No real gardening today, but I do have to pick up my prescription very soon.
Take care and stay safe x

Gp rang at 2.45pm, it may be a cracked rib and to take Ibuprofen, which I can't, but I take a painkiller if I absolutely need it, hot water bottle is a great help too and it should heal in a few weeks time, any problems then to ring them again.
Made a Lasagna this afternoon, it took a while though and it's waiting to be cooked a little later.
I have my tea, an old film on and going to do more knitting :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A couple of oversized groups out and about but mostly folk have a walk or ride, giving each other a wide berth and a smile.

Kev, I forgot how relaxing & satisfying cleaning windows is...
To my shame, I don't do it as often as I should.
Wish we'd bought a bigger house.!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll send you my address!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Nandos donated their stock to my workplace today. So we got spicy rice to dig into. My bf said there was a group of people outside of the care home clapping for us, it’s nice to be appreciated

Reactions: karen8967

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s the worst thing about it, isn’t it @Jaylee, watching it all happen.

Video called my sister (his wife.) she was told by HCPs to self isolate for 7 days... Yep, count em "seven." :banghead:

Lucky, she has my younger sis leaving provisions outside the door.. My family on my side live 80odd miles south of my location..

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning everyone. First feeling of the day, I really really hope all of you are well, and especially @Jaylee’s brother-in-law and all who’ve been touched by this coronabeast.
Woke on a 4.7, or a 4.2, depending on which machine looks at it, but I’m not fashed about either - happy to split the difference. Sun’s shining again so time to put the washing on, down here, not up in the Midlands, or should that be over here, not over there. Digging up the bits of lawn I allowed to grow over some of the beds today in prep for growing more veg and thinking of battle tactics his year to combat leaf stripping slugs and pigeons. Lovely neighbour’s getting some shopping today but I’m concerned that she’ll be able to fit stuff for us, and their family of four, into the three items only. Asked her to get themselves a treat too, on us. I knew the neighbour’s were good before this struck, but lovely GP neighbour’s glorious. Husband cut their back lawn yesterday while they were elsewhere (probably working indoors and taking children to key worker school).

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just heard that son-out-law’s brother’s partner’s got it. But not sure if tested. Not very ill. Perceived correct symptoms, so difficult to tell who may now be immune (if immunity does in fact happen) without tests. Come on tardy UK, the the act together. Feeling I want to give them all a shake. A raspberry flavoured one.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all and wishing you a safe FRiday.
4.7 for me this morning, yay :happy: so good numbers from Wednesday and no fence painting, diy, walking or gardening. but I do need to go out and get my prescription this morning and also need to pop into Morrisona to get, milk, we are running low and some fruit, veg and any loo rolls, (fat chance ) :rolleyes: but I do have two large boxes of savers tissues here, just in case.
Daughter is missing her boyfriend and wishes she was at work, I am missing someone so much too and he is ill with 'flu like symptoms' but trying to be upbeat.
Take care and stay safe x:)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Woken up with a sore arm after yesterday's pneumonia jab the nurse was very insistent I have after the annual meds review by phone. Mmm... this was the nurse who couldn't get blood out of me last year, and I'm not difficult to extract blood from. She also had another brief go at trying to convince me to eat in a way that does not work for me. (Yes, I know why my Hba1c is up slightly post-DAFNE, which you found disappointing and I was not surprised by - I had a final go at eating more carbs than suit me, plus February was wet and rainy so I didn't walk them off with my usual enthusiasm. Numbers are already coming down now I've returned to my normal.) I smiled sweetly, thanked her for being at work and fled as soon as I'd been jabbed.

I shall blame higher than usual bloods for the next few days on the pneumonia jab should the need arise!

I'm also battling with myself over the current matter of being asked to use my own computer for on-line training courses for work. It's a strong possibility. I don't even check work e-mails out of working hours and I'm well aware not everyone I work with is either computer literate (half my time seems to be spent supporting colleagues with our numerous system) or have internet beyond data for their phones. I'm certainly not happy accessing the remote databases on students to record any e-mails any of the students may have sent me over this "home learning" time. Mmmm.... think I'm coming out in sympathy with the child I heard wailing on the way to school this morning ("I know your job's important, Mummy, but why do I have to go to school when everyone else is at home.")

I am, however, off to the organist's admin office aka the smallest 3rd upstairs room meant for a bedroom in a few minutes. (Now that computer is supported by the expenses I get from church!) The weekly newsletter which I'm now sending out on Sundays to those who've requested it has an awful lot of changes this week. Normally it goes to print early in the week, with a Monday 10.00 p.m. deadline and the paper copies are collected on Friday mornings ready for Sundays. Now I'm giving everyone until Friday night with wriggle room until I actually send out. Here's hoping they don't get used to the current flexibility or I start getting requests for electronic mailing from hereon in even when we're the other side of all this!

Last edited:
Reactions: hh1

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a 5.2!! Do I get a badge?!

Baby slept through the night (WIN) and husband went to Tesco early this morning before starting work and was able to get not only eggs but also.... the mythical TOILET ROLL!

So far this day is off the charts amazing!

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reading back the above I really feel I’ve lowered my standards as to what constitutes amazing - 5 years ago I would have assumed I’d get 8 hours sleep and be able to buy what I needed in Tesco.

Children and pandemics - they really lower the bar...

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

After doing it for 18 years I no longer find it relaxing, nor do my knees, right shoulder, neck and wrists :p but I'm not in my early 30's anymore, if I was to be honest I think I'm about done with the job.

Good morning, decent blood but 1.5u injected at 4am as I had an alarm at 8.1, I ache a bit from the cycling but to be expected and another ride will loosen me off later I hope but I'm missing the gym.

Reactions: SueJB