Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Done my organist's admin, moved onto proofreading a nurse friend's assignment on intra-muscular injections. Please may I have a prize for lack of basic squeamishness though my legs have had a few squirms of sympathy? The grass may have met its doom when I have finished this proof-reading!

Reactions: SueJB and kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, hope you're all well. I don't usually suffer from DP or foot on the floor but htere are odd days - and I can't see a pattern to them - when it happens. Woke on 8.8 and a rising arrow; corrected at breakfast ans still 13.3 2 hours later. Bunged in 1u, walked the dog and 4.8. Works for me!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. Coffee in the garden with this idiot. Bit of a wonky night with a flaky sensor giving false hypo alarms, grrr. Woke up on a blood verified 4.9 so didn’t die.

Seed sprouter arriving today, so if I can’t get fresh green stuff I still have lots of lovely plants to eat.

I see our esteemed and glorious leader has just tested positive with the plague - wonder if he’ll self isolate in a fridge? :D

6D3E9937-6871-4504-BB13-8764FFAC72CB.jpeg
A1434D97-6FA2-4637-BA44-5D1B5F77AAB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinredbreast

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I see our esteemed and glorious leader has just tested positive with the plague - wonder if he’ll self isolate in a fridge? :D

He was sat in a room with the junior health minister for International Women’s Day & she tested positive too, a couple of weeks back? :banghead:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
He was sat in a room with the junior health minister for International Women’s Day & she tested positive too, a couple of weeks back? :banghead:
I did wonder at the time if she’d have given it to him. Maybe he’ll take it more seriously now - or if his symptoms are only mild, he might not.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well, maybe you’ve caused a revolution just by being present, only pondering

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I got a 5.2!! Do I get a badge?!

Baby slept through the night (WIN) and husband went to Tesco early this morning before starting work and was able to get not only eggs but also.... the mythical TOILET ROLL!

So far this day is off the charts amazing!
Yey @ArtemisBow huge big Friday badge, brilliant. Not for me though. Must keep trying

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon all,
So he's got it and others too. Am I surprised?
The sun's been glorious, I've been in the garden all day and now have an aching back.
Naughty mushroom risotto for supper, feel knackered!
Hope everyone is doing OK, ouch for ribs and wrists from windows and for no longer being young. Bummer

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did wonder at the time if she’d have given it to him. Maybe he’ll take it more seriously now - or if his symptoms are only mild, he might not.

I think you can appreciate I'm not a masive fan of him. But I wouldn't want his job right now..

Speaking loosely of "jobs." It been an interesting day for me.. "Working from home."

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Evening all,
A quick thought.My pricky box is near full to overflowing. Normally I take it to my health centre 5mins down the road but that's closed because of the virus.
To get to the cover health centre is a long way. I don't want to use the buses, don't want to drive and don't want to go into a health centre where there are potentially lots of virus germs.
I'm just wondering if I being a wimp and should just go or seal up the pricky box and start to fill water bottles instead. Any thoughts on this one please?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all,
A quick thought.My pricky box is near full to overflowing. Normally I take it to my health centre 5mins down the road but that's closed because of the virus.
To get to the cover health centre is a long way. I don't want to use the buses, don't want to drive and don't want to go into a health centre where there are potentially lots of virus germs.
I'm just wondering if I being a wimp and should just go or seal up the pricky box and start to fill water bottles instead. Any thoughts on this one please?
That’s a good solution. You can get a needle clipper online too, which will make them safe x

Reactions: kev-w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone have a good weekend today i will be facetiming grandsons who i miss dreadfully the sooner this is all over the better ,house is scrubbed to within an inch of its life gardens done,dont know what il be doing next week as i should have spaced everything out ah well its another lovely day so something to be thankful for and bgs have been behaving mostly ,stey safe and well everyone

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all, our first weekend lock down and hoping the weekends will be happier in weeks to come.
@karen8967 it is sad when you can't see grandchildren, my daughter sends video's of little Cleo dancing, she likes a bit of heavy metal lol and video links too. I am knitting her a cardigan and I am up to shaping the armholes on the back.
My BG's haven't been too bad either, but I did have a hypo yesterday, when I went out to get some shopping and then my prescription.
Missing a very special person too and counting the days when we can see each other again <3
Going to try washing the floors this morning, then............................probably more knitting, a film on tv, start a new book.
Take care everyone and keep soldiering on X

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, our first weekend lock down and hoping the weekends will be happier in weeks to come.
@karen8967 it is sad when you can't see grandchildren, my daughter sends video's of little Cleo dancing, she likes a bit of heavy metal lol and video links too. I am knitting her a cardigan and I am up to shaping the armholes on the back.
My BG's haven't been too bad either, but I did have a hypo yesterday, when I went out to get some shopping and then my prescription.
Missing a very special person too and counting the days when we can see each other again <3
Going to try washing the floors this morning, then............................probably more knitting, a film on tv, start a new book.
Take care everyone and keep soldiering on X
i can only knit in straight lines robs so scarfs it is :hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all, from a still a little dusty house. I much prefer gardening to house cleaning and the garden’s beginning to look loved again, in parts, the rest is still doing its own thing, which is getting greener.
Prat of the night award goes to moi, yes moi. After a wonderful happy day turning the soil and freeing stuff from rambling invaders in the sunshine, I overdosed on my own leftover-cottage-pie-pasties. Stupid old woman. The MM alarm woke me at 03.30, by then it sounded like an exasperated parent/teacher/spouse. I was 13 (bloods, not age, tho maybe last-night behaviour) Ugh. I hate the physical symptoms of a high.
Have a good weekend everyone, if you can.

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w