What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. The revenge of no-exercise and lentil/rice chicken curry yesterday.

FBG 7.7 mmo/lt at 0630. Temp. 36.1 C, Some lovely local fresh haddock for supper tonight, fried in Normandy butter with mushrooms and capers., Should see better FBG tomorrow.

Varnishing my new boat joinery next three days. Possible completion at weekend (remember those?) Will share a pic or two. Keep safe.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You up early for no reason trick, or still working ?

Take care in crowds mate . See the workmen when I run Lauren in, standing around like this is over...:wacky:

Few jobs worth the chance of lower life expectancy.
:***:

Really needed Boris to shut the sites down, if anyone self isolates they are putting themselves out of work and can claim nothing, building trade has been hung out to dry in the name of profit.

Main contractor is doing his bit to be fair by allocating areas for different trades but it still sucks, the company I’m subbing to have been told in no uncertain terms that if they pull offsite then someone else will be found to carry on the works. It’s dog eat dog out here.

Sorry about your sad news bud, I think by the time this is all over there won’t be many unaffected or untouched by it all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...been up for a little while keep forgetting the BG fixated on taking temperature not bothering now it is what it is...laughing ( I shouldn't really ) at those attempting home haircuts as salons & barbers will be closed...some absolute disasters lots wearing hats in the coming weeks.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It does the symmetry for you. I do it on my phone; I touch the screen and move my finger, and the app does the design. :)
That's great - it would have taken you hours and hours of work to have achieved such perfect symmetry.

When my children were young I started designing and making knitwear on a knitting machine. Had a shop window in the little local store and post office. My inspiration was Kaffe Fassett. The machine aided perfect symmetry - just like the app. I loved working with colour and design.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Thanks for all the good wishes for Julie very much appreciated (that phrase has specially poignancy for me, particularly in this context). Fbg of 5.6 high but not sure that matters just now. Today is a re[eat performance of care for the ailing, pup sitting (including shielding the memorial rose for Julie's dad which they want to dig up - I can't tell her that.just hope I have done enough). @trick60 prayers for you and your family. @OldButBold thoughts with you at this time. All of you, try as hard as you can to find a moment of calm today and (within reason) are carbs your most serious threat just now?

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another damp dawn in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of zoom vs facetime came in at a “change the wonder wheel your idiot” finger pricking 5.4 this am

Booze sales are reportedly up by 20%. So, which one of you is it? Not everything in the online shop has to go into the basket.

Day 10 of not going out - wandered into kitchen to make koffy and noticed that my tea mug was missing. Not on it’s hook, not in the sink, not on the draining board. Then realised that I had just had a mug of tea while watching the beeb.
It’s raining. Just a bit.
We have never had so much “contact” with our grandchildren before - daily video conferencing. When they are all on together it’s just like a Cobra meeting - complete chaos and not much being done.
We were going to have afternoon tea at Le jardin derrière la maison but will have to see if we can book an indoor table in the popular maison d'été part if it keeps raining.

If you are looking for something interesting to do, why not organise your spice drawer according to flavour groups and then choose just one item from four or five of the groups to flavour your food. More info here: https://thetalentzone.co.uk/musictv...ategories-guide-on-nadiyas-family-favourites/

Sanitised virtual hugs for those who are ill and all those caring for them.

Koffy time
upload_2020-3-31_8-16-43.jpeg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally did the FBG 6.6 this morning that's okay for me for now...think it may have been influenced by the unusual activity here yesterday...a day of cleaning scrubbing disinfecting I may have over done it the kittens were mortally offended & spent lots of time outside...temperature normal so that a plus...amazed by the community spirit in our little town...a local group organising a hardship fund...delivering food & supplies including meds several checking family members of those who don't live here to make sure they are okay...the last thermometers I have will be handed out today someone coming to collect them she will knock on the door I'll hand them over all sanitised and wrapped up amazed how people couldn't get them...distribute them to people in need...off to organise more cleaning & decluttering unlikely to recognise this place when this is over...keep safe everyone.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today after the most amazing fat head pizza with salad. Felt stuffed after so maybe one slice too many (reflecting in the fbs).

Eric is the main chef de la maison now. I've usually cooked all down the years. When I say cooked I mean that in the loose sense of the word! Prior to dx this meant throwing something processed in the oven. After dx cooking from scratch but basic. Lock in and Eric is following his dream of becoming a top chef. I'm loving it. And here's why ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200331-084332_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200331-084332_Facebook.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 85

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 today so thats good. Sunny but cold. Have to go out today to pick up small haul from the farm shop 5 miles away. They seem to have a good system in place they ring you take payment and note your car reg, agree a time and when you park they put your stuff on the ground by your car. Hoping to get some green veg and eggs and cheese. @Debandez lucky you with the Naked Chef lol. @HarryBeau nice touch to distribute the thermometers. Passed the tip onto No 1 son who bought an ovulation kit which gave us both a good laugh. @ianpspurs hope Julie continues to improve. @OldButBold how was your night, did you have to sleep in the chair. @trick60 dont know what to say other than TAKE CARE as best you can.
Have the best Tuesday possible. Stay well, get better, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
nice touch to distribute the thermometers. Passed the tip onto No 1 son who bought an ovulation kit which gave us both a good laugh
I had that PM particularly when I brought the test strips out of the packet...I hadn't realised until later you can buy one without the ovulation/pregnancy testing strips ps. I haven't told anyone else that so keep it to yourself.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After falling asleep in the chair I ended up awake until 0330, just woke up and not feeling good. 7.5 FBG and temp 36.8 but right now I don't really care.

Lung function is down this morning and opening your eyes to a coughing fit means the headache is instant. My spirometer shows my lung function ratio to be lower today although I'm not in danger. Started the antibiotics to ease secondaries and high dose steroids to relax the lungs a bit, will take a while to kick in and they may or may not help.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Thanks for all the good wishes for Julie very much appreciated (that phrase has specially poignancy for me, particularly in this context). Fbg of 5.6 high but not sure that matters just now. Today is a re[eat performance of care for the ailing, pup sitting (including shielding the memorial rose for Julie's dad which they want tp dig up - I can't tell her that.just hope I have done enough). @trick60 prayers for you and your family. @OldButBold thoughts with you at this time. All of you, try as hard as you can to find a moment of calm today and (within reason) are carbs your most serious threat just now?
Hope Julie is feeling a little better today.
Good luck with the shielding of the memorial rose from the puppies.

In 1995 we got our Labrador Saffy. Mr K decided to plant a laurel hedge along a 30ft fence. It was so amusing to see how intently she watched him plant them. He came in for a coffee leaving her watching over the little laurel hedge.

When he went back into the garden he was not amused to find that she had dug up every single one. He replanted them and the same thing happened again.

In the end he had to put up a wire fence to protect them. They survived and it is a lovely hedge now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After falling asleep in the chair I ended up awake until 0330, just woke up and not feeling good. 7.5 FBG and temp 36.8 but right now I don't really care.

Lung function is down this morning and opening your eyes to a coughing fit means the headache is instant. My spirometer shows my lung function ratio to be lower today although I'm not in danger. Started the antibiotics to ease secondaries and high dose steroids to relax the lungs a bit, will take a while to kick in and they may or may not help.
Hug for that but a winner for your fighting spirit - I guess your life story has made that a necessity. Uplifting if distressing account of a virtual friend's fight with this virus on top of everything else . We're all rooting for you mate and humbled (at least I am) by your attitude and humanity.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Sorry you are not feeling so good today. Hope the antibiotics and steroids kick in soon.