What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For @ianpspurs and @jjraak and your loved ones

g1432.gif

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I'm sorry I also missed your post re Julie, tough situation for you and Julie, thinking of you.
@jjraak sorry to hear your news and the terrible turmoil your family must all be in, take care, hugs my friend.

@gennepher another spectacular piece of art, great series, very impressed.
@geefull liked both of your days art, some fine skills you have there.

Here is my watercolour for today, I went a Bike Ride for a hour on bridleways over the heathland, never saw a soul it was as though the world around me had emptied, felt very lonely, very hostile, such a strange feeling, these old Stock Fences all bent and rusty inspired today's painting. A4 watercolour.
View attachment 39834
lovely watercolour - I agree with @gennepher that it is sort of ghostly.

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And so it begins.

Sister in law's brother.
Diagnosed and poorly in hospital Scotland.
Family told little they can do.
Ventilator needed for younger patient
He been ill for a bit.. now got pneumonia.

Hard bit is my lot would be there like a shot.
His daughter killed herself last year, so no one else really to be there for him.

A looking now to see what options might be if as doctors expect, he passes away.
Big hugs you are all in my prayers xx

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
She is in the master bedroom. I am downstairs and sleep in no 2 bedroom. Separate bathrooms and meals etc. Thanks for asking.
Edit: Of course we are fortunate to be able to do this and have the technology and enough know how to stay in touch with each other and our children + grandchildren.
Hope this is going to be ok. Asthma inhalers - blue and brown, when breathing gets difficult worked very well for my friend during her 12 day start to completion as well as antibiotics during last four days. All the best.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She is in the master bedroom. I am downstairs and sleep in no 2 bedroom. Separate bathrooms and meals etc. Thanks for asking.
Edit: Of course we are fortunate to be able to do this and have the technology and enough know how to stay in touch with each other and our children + grandchildren.
Healing hugs for you and Julie.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold how are you to tonight?

Hi, just woke up. Must have fallen asleep in the chair, being sick is hard work ;)

Breathing is my main problem, having COPD means my normal breathing volume is reduced (in my case 56%) so any infection makes it worse. Sitting still is ok but moving is a slow process with very measured breaths, if I fail to pay attention I find I am gasping for no reason.

Sinuses taking it in turns as to which side is blocked, steam inhalation quickly eases them and reduces pressure. Plus my skin is soft as a babys bum now :)

My blood sugars don't seem to be affected with my day average around 5.5 today. Body temp is sitting at 36.8 which is up from my original 35.9 a couple of days back, it's still ok though.

Finally, weariness, by heck you feel your age all of a sudden.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OOh what flavour & how much
Oppo. Chocolate. It tends to get extremely frozen in our fridge. Chiseled away enough to half fill my bowl. Well actually it was so hard Eric took the scoop and did it for me. He over did it portion wise though. It would have been rude not to eat it all ;-)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.4 on the dice today, Isn't it always the way when before you test you think that you ate quite sensibly yesterday so it should be a low score on the meter, and maybe a cheese on toast score.. then boom it hits you with a biggy. T2=Tedious squared.
Virtual hugs for all the poorly ones out there, these are grim times.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.4 on the dice today, Isn't it always the way when before you test you think that you ate quite sensibly yesterday so it should be a low score on the meter, and maybe a cheese on toast score.. then boom it hits you with a biggy. T2=Tedious squared.
Virtual hugs for all the poorly ones out there, these are grim times.

You up early for no reason trick, or still working ?

Take care in crowds mate . See the workmen when I run Lauren in, standing around like this is over...:wacky:

Few jobs worth the chance of lower life expectancy.
:***:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good morning folks. Can't really tell what the day is going to be like as still relatively dark outside. 5.6 on the meter.
Dark outside here too @Ryhia , but I can tell you one thing, it's cold out there. My weather app informs me it's one degree, feels like minus four.
My poor seedlings, will they survive a week of this? Today am going to be engaged in bodgery with spare windows. Making some kind of shelter for them, now they are grown beyond the pot rims can no longer pop a sheet of glass over them.

Last edited: