What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After falling asleep in the chair I ended up awake until 0330, just woke up and not feeling good. 7.5 FBG and temp 36.8 but right now I don't really care.

Lung function is down this morning and opening your eyes to a coughing fit means the headache is instant. My spirometer shows my lung function ratio to be lower today although I'm not in danger. Started the antibiotics to ease secondaries and high dose steroids to relax the lungs a bit, will take a while to kick in and they may or may not help.
just had a thought. Have you tried tea tree oil in the hot water that you steam with. I used to have problems with sinus infections after getting bunged up with hay fever but haven't in the 20 years I have been steaming with tea.tree oil.

It might possibly help your chest also.

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After falling asleep in the chair I ended up awake until 0330, just woke up and not feeling good. 7.5 FBG and temp 36.8 but right now I don't really care.

Lung function is down this morning and opening your eyes to a coughing fit means the headache is instant. My spirometer shows my lung function ratio to be lower today although I'm not in danger. Started the antibiotics to ease secondaries and high dose steroids to relax the lungs a bit, will take a while to kick in and they may or may not help.
I am defo rooting for you, OBB. That doesnt sound at all good. Crossing everything for the meds helping.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just had a thought. Have you tried tea tree oil in the hot water that you steam with. I used to have problems with sinus infections after getting bunged up with hay fever but haven't in the 20 years I have been steaming with tea.tree oil.

It might possibly help your chest also.

I'm already doing that one, tea tree oil is a favourite of mine for all sorts of things. Thank you for raising it though :)

I am defo rooting for you, OBB.

Many thanks :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm already doing that one, tea tree oil is a favourite of mine for all sorts of things. Thank you for raising it though :)

Many thanks :)
That's great. Tea tree oil is a favourite of mine also and I am sure that you have a very powerful combination of remedies now that you are also using antibiotics and steroids.

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 5.5
temp 36.0

another morning ...another worried family
wife's Bestie, has her step dad in hospital right now, pneumonia, and now got a dry cough, and deteriorating.
her mum has been visiting him, close contact.
Now two patients tested positive for covid on the ward, patients being moved,
he's been tested results back around midday / late afternoon.

result dependent moving him to covid ward or non covid ward.

Bestie had prepped for this, 7 days isolation, now finds she has to go out and get enough
food for them for the duration as mum hasn't managed to sort foods but didn't want to worry her..
so self isolation broken as she now has to stand in possibly covid ridden queues for food :arghh::banghead::sorry:

Bestie never took this seriously, so she really has little as , like many
by the times she shaped up to this being serious, shops were running empty on the things SHE needs RIGHT NOW..
( how i hope those promoting 'It's just flu' from govt down, hang their heads in shame at the carnage they are going to cost.
can't tell you what i would like happen to them.)

We are sharing the bit we got, meds, masks etc, had some pretty honest discussions about what we can REALLY spare.
we are both realists, what we give today may impact heavily on us later, but bestie IS family.
so we share what we have, and hope it's enough for all.

Can't see her going down to mums self isolating, with her mum possibly, ...possibly going to get infected
and being so ill prepared.

Hard decisions made with love, i just pray we make the right choices.

Hope the news is better where ever you are...
Peace, Love & Safe Passage for you all...xxx

Reactions: karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When my children were young I started designing and making knitwear on a knitting machine. Had a shop window in the little local store and post office. My inspiration was Kaffe Fassett. The machine aided perfect symmetry - just like the app. I loved working with colour and design.
So did you do a lot of intarsia then? (Just put that in to confuse the guys). Used to have an old Passap then moved onto a Singer but nothing fancy, certainly never graduated to a computerized machine. Can you remember the knitted skirts you could make, mine always managed to droop after washing. Lol.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 today after the most amazing fat head pizza with salad. Felt stuffed after so maybe one slice too many (reflecting in the fbs).

Eric is the main chef de la maison now. I've usually cooked all down the years. When I say cooked I mean that in the loose sense of the word! Prior to dx this meant throwing something processed in the oven. After dx cooking from scratch but basic. Lock in and Eric is following his dream of becoming a top chef. I'm loving it. And here's why ;-)

Give that man a BIG fat CIGAR..outstanding effort on the Home Front..:D

oh so many of us, are really going to find that extra forte during this enforced down time
have link to OU who are running courses for free at the Moment, so we who survive, will be BRAINY as ****

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

take care Debs, Love to you and ezzie as always..IF he's doing deliveries, pm for our address,
always willing to help a young start up..;)

Google says ....only 9 hrs return.:)
save him looking, it's turn right out of Blackpool. follow signs for London.
(Probably one at the end of your road, most likely:bag:..they normally are EVERYWHERE :D )

then it's M6/M1..
Pick up hazmat suits and masks at Watford Passport control.:watching:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have to go out today to pick up small haul from the farm shop 5 miles away.
They seem to have a good system in place they ring you take payment and note your car reg, agree a time and when you park they put your stuff on the ground by your car. Hoping to get some green veg and eggs and cheese.

BRILLIANT Little System...Hope many follow that in the coming days.
sure many without will have neighbours willing to collect for those with no car.
(bound to be some issues but you know what i mean )

Stay well, lovely lady
best wishes to family, Auntie.x

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Take care, my friend.

Of all who i know, you seem best equipped to battle this, and come out stronger,
and even more, be able to give your wise council..though we probably got Boris as back up :link: until you fully recover
so no pressure..

:woot::***:

btw...
PM if there's anything i or we can do.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really needed Boris to shut the sites down, if anyone self isolates they are putting themselves out of work and can claim nothing, building trade has been hung out to dry in the name of profit.

Main contractor is doing his bit to be fair by allocating areas for different trades but it still sucks, the company I’m subbing to have been told in no uncertain terms that if they pull offsite then someone else will be found to carry on the works. It’s dog eat dog out here.

Sorry about your sad news bud, I think by the time this is all over there won’t be many unaffected or untouched by it all.

Oh @trick60 ..a real rock and a hard place.
Government really has abandoned so many of us, and by din't the rest of society for the $$$,
Pray once they finally see sense, (as have italy spain etc) and the lock down tightens, you and your family get to have that modicum of safety.

Stay well
stay safe.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dark outside here too @Ryhia , but I can tell you one thing, it's cold out there. My weather app informs me it's one degree, feels like minus four.
My poor seedlings, will they survive a week of this? Today am going to be engaged in bodgery with spare windows. Making some kind of shelter for them, now they are grown beyond the pot rims can no longer pop a sheet of glass over them.

Actually not too bad temperature wise here, it was raining but it stopped before 08:00a.m. Just been on a 5 mile walk which was refreshing but we won't do that route again as although not many people we both felt there were too many to chance it again. We were all very civilized though and kept our distance.

If the windows don't work out, could you perhaps use plastic bottles or even plastic bags over the pots? Hope it all works out it would be a shame to lose your seedlings after the work you have put in.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
amazed by the community spirit in our little town...a local group organising a hardship fund...
delivering food & supplies including meds
several checking family members of those who don't live here to make sure they are okay...

the last thermometers I have will be handed out today someone coming to collect them she will knock on the door I'll hand them over all sanitised and wrapped up

amazed how people couldn't get them..

Along with so many other basics, that they just didn't bother thinking about.
Constantly behind the curve and forever running to catch up, at the expense of it's citizens
Lets no one forget how poorly the response has been organised, once this is over.

take care
love and hugs to you and the kittens x

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
love and hugs to you and the kittens x
Sending the kittens over to you & Lauren as cute as they are like a pair of mini Rottweilers...I do not have one pair of socks without a hole in the toe now and that's when I can find any...lots of communities didn't wait for instructions from govt. when this began shortages were noticed maybe from panic buying they just organised themselves and got going...it's amazing what can be done if we all just collect our resources & see what we can share...I was so sorry to hear about your families loss listening to the news everything seems distant remote...we need to do all we can to support family neighbours communities & our friends...we can get through this collectively...get ready for this kittens

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon

I was just taking a bit of time out of all social media this morning.

Fbg 8.1
(Blame those dark chocolate biscuits that waved at me yesterday.....)

Temp 35.1

Going to play catch up and look back on this thread...

Then off with iPad to paint todays painting in the potting shed at the bottom of the garden amidst the fairy dell and frogs...

Take care
Be safe

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Somedays the great jester in the sky looks down and you just know it's your turn.

Her Ladyship, obviously concerned for my health just informed me that she is buying me a robot window cleaner as "you are probably not safe on a ladder coughing like that". She also let me know the new pressure washer has arrived and it is forecast to be sunny for a week. :banghead:

If I survive this I definitely need a new home :(

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 10 of not going out - wandered into kitchen to make koffy and noticed that my tea mug was missing. Not on it’s hook, not in the sink, not on the draining board. Then realised that I had just had a mug of tea while watching the beeb.

:)
I am losing things right left and centre...
I put them down and I cannot for the life of me see them again...

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have to go out today to pick up small haul from the farm shop 5 miles away. They seem to have a good system in place they ring you take payment and note your car reg, agree a time and when you park they put your stuff on the ground by your car. Hoping to get some green veg and eggs and cheese
Sound brilliant @PenguinMum :)