Quick home remedy to reduce high glucose (sugar)

TheMalik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
I’m T2 diabetic not on any medicine and controlling with diet and exercise. Can someone please share any useful home remedy in case blood glucose readings are high (11.5 to 12.6) for past couple of days. Worried !!!

thanks in advance

Marick

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
I’m T2 diabetic not on any medicine and controlling with diet and exercise. Can someone please share any useful home remedy in case blood glucose readings are high (11.5 to 12.6) for past couple of days. Worried !!!

thanks in advance

Marick
Hi, @TheMalik

Are those readings taken after foods? What do you normally eat?
I would be drinking more water, and reducing carbs if you haven’t already.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
The best home remedy is low carbing, but people will be able to help more if you provide some details about what you eat for typical meals?

In any case, check out the red link below for what is often very helpful for T2's.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The only real solution is low-carbing. If that doesn't help enough then some tablets may be needed. Are you testing 2 hours after a meal? What sort of diet do you have?

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A brisk walk, or equivalent exercise, can help lower sugars in the event of a high reading.

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My numbers started to creep back up, only because I was eating more carbs. I have now stripped my diet back to low carb. My numbers are back in the 5s last couple of days. Testing is best, im waiting for more testing strips. My fasting was 5.4 this morning.

Broomthebeast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

thanks in advance

Marick
It can be because of stress/anxiety too... If so, talk to a friend/family, do some exercise/stretching/meditation...

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

thanks in advance

Marick
Hi Marick,

Did anything change, other then the obvious added stress of a corona pandemic? Is your sleep irregular, are you stressed, eating other brands than usual because they're the only ones available? In any case... If you can take a decently paced walk when your numbers are high, do. Also, you might want to re-examine what you're eating, maybe cut back on carbs more if there is still room to do so, at least for the time being.

Mind you, speaking for myself, my blood sugars know I have a cold or anything a day, sometimes two, before I do. So could be something that'll pass on its own after a few days.

Good luck!
Jo

TheMalik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, @TheMalik

Are those readings taken after foods? What do you normally eat?
I would be drinking more water, and reducing carbs if you haven’t already.

Hi,

Yes those Readings were taken 2.5 hours past meal. I had plenty of carbs in my meal and as you suggested I’m going to reduce carbs in my diet and will recheck again.
Also would drinking more water helps during high reading periods?
Thanks

TheMalik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The only real solution is low-carbing. If that doesn't help enough then some tablets may be needed. Are you testing 2 hours after a meal? What sort of diet do you have?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Thanks to this forum I just realised I’m in high carbs diet. Excuse me for being nowise as recently diagnosed with T2D. I will reduce my carb intake now. Yes testing 2/ 2.5 hours post meal.
Many thanks

Reactions: ambera1

TheMalik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My numbers started to creep back up, only because I was eating more carbs. I have now stripped my diet back to low carb. My numbers are back in the 5s last couple of days. Testing is best, im waiting for more testing strips. My fasting was 5.4 this morning.

Hi,

Thank will keep an eye on my diet now

cheers

TheMalik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It can be because of stress/anxiety too... If so, talk to a friend/family, do some exercise/stretching/meditation...

Hi,
Thanks for pointing out another valid point. I was stressed for past couple of days and that might trigger as well as high carbs diet.
Will work in your considerations.
Thanks again

TheMalik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Marick,

Did anything change, other then the obvious added stress of a corona pandemic? Is your sleep irregular, are you stressed, eating other brands than usual because they're the only ones available? In any case... If you can take a decently paced walk when your numbers are high, do. Also, you might want to re-examine what you're eating, maybe cut back on carbs more if there is still room to do so, at least for the time being.

Mind you, speaking for myself, my blood sugars know I have a cold or anything a day, sometimes two, before I do. So could be something that'll pass on its own after a few days.

Good luck!
Jo
Hi,

Yes a lot has been changed since past 2 weeks and there’s some added stress too.
I get your valid suggestion and will pay extra attention on everything u highlighted.
Thanks for long and informative message,

regards.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome

I suspect everyone everywhere is feeling more stressed and anxious. I was worried that we won't be able to get the food that I need to eat. The first time I went into a grocery store here in Australia there was no meat available. It's got a bit better since.

It can be difficult in such strange times to remember to focus on low carbing unless you make it a habit it.

Good luck and let us kn ow how you get on.

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here in the UK there have been problems with shopping, but I have found a place which usually supplies caterers open to the public one morning a week, so I can go along and stock up there.