What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just googled tea tree because of @DJC3 's suggestion.

Here is the link:
https://www.petmd.com/blogs/thedailyvet/ken-tudor/2014/january/tea-tree-oil-safe-pets-31282

It appears to depend on the concentration?
Thanks for the link Gennepher. It does appear to depend on concentration. I read something about a dog dying after the owner had used tea tree oil in a diffuser. I have some Ive used in a homemade insect repellent but probably wouldn’t use it now as Dennis likes to lick exposed skin. I keep it locked far out of his reach ( to be honest I have to keep everything out of his reach if I don’t want the living daylights chewed out of it!)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This watercolour didn't work out as I expected wanted a more abstract and dramatic result, might have another attempt but it's still today's watercolour A4 about 1 and 1/2 hours. Based on early bike ride and the low Morning sun through the pine trees on Cannock Chase near Fair Oak Pools.
View attachment 39945
You’ve caught the morning light perfectly, that’s wonderful.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This watercolour didn't work out as I expected wanted a more abstract and dramatic result, might have another attempt but it's still today's watercolour A4 about 1 and 1/2 hours. Based on early bike ride and the low Morning sun through the pine trees on Cannock Chase near Fair Oak Pools.
View attachment 39945
A beautiful ethereal light @Muddy Cyclist y cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad I went out for a walk. I ran into one of my favorite neighbors sitting on a bench out in front of our building. I sat down on another bench about 30 feet away and we had a nice visit, talking about books we've been reading and how nice the weather's been. And how bored we've been. ;)

I've also found a new use for my trekking poles. They are about 39" long, and are very handy when allowed to trail about 3' behind me when another neighbor tries to crowd up on my heels coming back down the sidewalk! I just sort of waggled them gently. :D :angelic:

A hula hoop would be more fun and better exercise, but I wasn't good with hula hoops even when I was a kid. I had more fun playing with them like Kevin Corcoran did in "Pollyanna."

tXJ-5eyn_NkxQGgmPSaS8oLG81BoLEc5R47DY2KFMSsC6MR8AhJRBdl6XaCuysytC2RX86XbYAuLVPca_a3USrhGyq0IsSYoBufv-vnlgCqHXxPrQg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 39945

Thank you for posting this. The trees and the sunbeams are beautiful, and I like the reflections of the trees in the water too. :)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, clinging on to the fives with a 5.9 after a last nights Chicken Surprise for tea, Mrs T bases it loosely on chicken chasseur depending on what she can find in the pantry, had it plenty of times but never tasted the same way twice, last nights wasn't too bad a little bit like a chilli con carne but with chicken breasts and a hint of Italian herbs....interesting anyway.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening/morning @trick60 and all.
:) I hope you all slept well and are rip-roaring up and at 'em. Including Popeye: hope he is fit as the cat and a fiddle this morning.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs for you and Popeye @gennepher are these feral cats being abandoned by their owners do you think, poor Popeye must wonder what's going on.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a straight 6 for me.

Foraging with other OAP at Tesco this morning a little nervously. Never quite sure if I should be offended or honoured when they let me in without asking to see any ID.:)

'Forbear not sowing because of the birds' may not apply in these difficult times, be diligent but still marvel at the beauty of Spring and new life.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 this morning. In my world Mr Fuzz turned up for a late lunch yesterday after 48 hours AWOL. He was accompanied by Mrs Fuzz but didnt share his lunch with her. How they safe from the foxes I have no idea. Mr PM and I have started a walking routine an hour before lunch, then he will work while eating his lunch, no change there.
@OldButBold how was your night? Hope the meds are helping.
Have a good Friday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.7 this morning. In my world Mr Fuzz turned up for a late lunch yesterday after 48 hours AWOL. He was accompanied by Mrs Fuzz but didnt share his lunch with her. How they safe from the foxes I have no idea. Mr PM and I have started a walking routine an hour before lunch, then he will work while eating his lunch, no change there.
@OldButBold how was your night? Hope the meds are helping.
Have a good Friday everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.

Foxes all gone missing from our area @PenguinMum

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs for you and Popeye @gennepher are these feral cats being abandoned by their owners do you think, poor Popeye must wonder what's going on.
Thank you @trick60 I think he is confused. I am thinking of making up a peppermint spray (in a spray bottle that shoots out a stream jet), and carry that in my pocket (I have large pockets in my gardening jacket I wear outside).

We have never had feral cats in this neighbourhood before in the nearly 20 years I have been here, so that my assumption they are being abandoned. Also I live backing on to a large tract of ancient woodland, so again an assumption, but it seems to me it would be easy to abandon your cat in the woodlands. No one is going to see you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening/morning @trick60 and all.
:) I hope you all slept well and are rip-roaring up and at 'em. Including Popeye: hope he is fit as the cat and a fiddle this morning.
He is still frail @SaskiaKC but he is eating a little, and visits his cat tray in the bathroom when I visit the WC, and we both have a companionable wee. It feels very strange to have company in the bathroom.

Then he returns to my bed. He is not moving off that at the moment. My bed has always been a 100% safe space.

Thank you for asking.