What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 5.5 this morning.

Happy Friday folks.
I have dyed my hair NHS blue as a mark of respect for the NHS staff in their war against this virus. Don't think it isn't a war. It is.
Now DON'T get out there to fight on the beaches, or in the fields or anywhere, fight by staying at home.
Stay well, stay strong, stay at home. received_641304630045983.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A 5.5 this morning.

Happy Friday folks.
I have dyed my hair NHS blue as a mark of respect for the NHS staff in their war against this virus. Don't think it isn't a war. It is.
Now DON'T get out there to fight on the beaches, or in the fields or anywhere, fight by staying at home.
Stay well, stay strong, stay at home.View attachment 39951
Well done Alf

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian from Suffolk writes:
Dear Claire Rayner
My fbg was 5.6 today which is 100.8 US therefore my life is in tatters. Should I leave my wife and smear myself in cream cheese as some guy called Andreas says that is the only way to save myself? I should point out that there is some doubt as to whether I am safe on my own but I have a friend called Alf and they all say everything is fine.
PS, I did have a little local difficulty around the tally waggle area last year. Do you think that will that affect my ballet career? Yes? Oh no. No you too with the no tutu:arghh:
Ian aged 64 and 8.9 1 months

Dear Ian
You say you are from Suffolk. Sorry but sadly there is little modern medicine can do about that.
Claire

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A 5.5 this morning.

Happy Friday folks.
Stay well, stay strong, stay at home.View attachment 39951
Love this alf xx

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad I went out for a walk. I ran into one of my favorite neighbors sitting on a bench out in front of our building. I sat down on another bench about 30 feet away and we had a nice visit, talking about books we've been reading and how nice the weather's been. And how bored we've been. ;)

I've also found a new use for my trekking poles. They are about 39" long, and are very handy when allowed to trail about 3' behind me when another neighbor tries to crowd up on my heels coming back down the sidewalk! I just sort of waggled them gently. :D :angelic:

A hula hoop would be more fun and better exercise, but I wasn't good with hula hoops even when I was a kid. I had more fun playing with them like Kevin Corcoran did in "Pollyanna."

tXJ-5eyn_NkxQGgmPSaS8oLG81BoLEc5R47DY2KFMSsC6MR8AhJRBdl6XaCuysytC2RX86XbYAuLVPca_a3USrhGyq0IsSYoBufv-vnlgCqHXxPrQg
The Hula hoop is a great thought for encouraging social distancing- that mental picture is really making me laugh.
I’m glad you got to sit and chat with your neighbour for a bit though - a proper matter makes all the difference to our wellbeing.

Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold how was your night? Hope the meds are helping.

Sending positive thoughts to @OldButBold this morning hope you got some sleep.

I added a brand new skill to my midnight repertoire, the ancient and mystical art of projectile vomiting :***: A real delight to suddenly wake up to and the bathroom... so close but yet, so far. Of course, this was followed by the coughing and choking we are now used to and are able to handle with such aplomb.

Really hate this virus

This morning I am 6.3, temp is up to 36.9

Foxes all gone missing from our area

Good eating they are, makes noice sassages :)

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I added a brand new skill to my midnight repertoire, the ancient and mystical art of projectile vomiting :***: A real delight to suddenly wake up to and the bathroom... so close but yet, so far. Of course, this was followed by the coughing and choking we are now used to and are able to handle with such aplomb.

Really hate this virus

Obviously not liking the sound of the impact this virus is having on you but very much liking that you are cogent and posting. Posting needs to continue virus not.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Hula hoop is a great thought for encouraging social distancing- that mental picture is really making me laugh.
I’m glad you got to sit and chat with your neighbour for a bit though - a proper matter makes all the difference to our wellbeing.

I have a large hula hoop in my garage.
A thought...
All I need to do is get a full short skirt of mine, and sew the hula hoop round the hem...
What do you think...
I would you know....

By the way do any of you young girls remember in the playground when you had something similar to a hula hoop round your full skirts?

But it was a bit of a malfunction when you sat on the swing....

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Really hate this virus

Is Mrs OBB keeping ok?

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Really hate this virus

Hey @OldButBold

Very glad to see you ...
Long distance hugs...(to avoid the projectiles...)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A thought...
All I need to do is get a full short skirt of mine, and sew the hula hoop round the hem...
What do you think...
I would you know....

By the way do any of you young girls remember in the playground when you had something similar to a hula hoop round your full skirts?

I hated those bustles.

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Really hate this virus

That sounds really nasty. Your BG is holding up well but are you managing to get any nourishment, do you have tins soup? I wouldnt expect you to be following the Jamie Oliver cook along o_O If you need anything I hope Lady Penelope will oblige.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A thought...
What do you think...
I would you know....

Yes, if you mean "sticky out" petticoats.

Got a hula hoop in the garage - grandchildrens generation plastic not wood, but think that would have an even worse impact when you sat down.

Reactions: jjraak and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher poor old Popeye hope he improves as the day goes on. @SaskiaKC and @DJC3 liking the hula hoop talk. One of the big disappointments of my childhood was I could never master it though my friends did. No rhythm me! Great use of walking poles lol.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds really nasty. Your BG is holding up well but are you managing to get any nourishment, do you have tins soup? I wouldnt expect you to be following the Jamie Oliver cook along o_O If you need anything I hope Lady Penelope will oblige.

I have an ample supply of chicken soup and other assorted goodies. Her ladyship has not enquired of my health at all, I believe she thinks I am swinging the lead as I hve not cut the lawns or done the pressure washing yet :wideyed:

Is Mrs OBB keeping ok?

She is thank you, isolated as they are. Her boredom is leading her into my realms of gaming which could be unfortunate for her as I give no mercy ;)

Hey @OldButBold

Very glad to see you ...
Long distance hugs...(to avoid the projectiles...)

Trust me, I could have won gold :)

Reactions: Ryhia