What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher poor old Popeye hope he improves as the day goes on. @SaskiaKC and @DJC3 liking the hula hoop talk. One of the big disappointments of my childhood was I could never master it though my friends did. No rhythm me! Great use of walking poles lol.
I could never get away with group skipping no coordination at all, think I would have probably been diagnosed with dyspraxia if I were young today. Found my way through it though as I didn't mind turning turn the skipping rope so in great demand.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, if you mean "sticky out" petticoats.

Got a hula hoop in the garage - grandchildrens generation plastic not wood, but think that would have an even worse impact when you sat down.
Yup I do @Ryhia

But many of our parents couldn’t afford those special petticoats, so we sewed our hula hoops to our petticoats...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could never get away with group skipping no coordination at all, think I would have probably been diagnosed with dyspraxia if I were young today. Found my way through it though as I didn't mind turning turn the skipping rope so in great demand.
Oh now thats a good idea...going online to get a skipping rope

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trust me, I could have won gold :)
A589146D-57B0-4E23-A9F3-A3DC55E0630D.gif

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a large hula hoop in my garage.
A thought...
All I need to do is get a full short skirt of mine, and sew the hula hoop round the hem...
What do you think...
I would you know....

By the way do any of you young girls remember in the playground when you had something similar to a hula hoop round your full skirts?

But it was a bit of a malfunction when you sat on the swing....

Haha Yes! Gennepher do it! it might cheer Popeye up too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I added a brand new skill to my midnight repertoire, the ancient and mystical art of projectile vomiting :***: A real delight to suddenly wake up to and the bathroom... so close but yet, so far. Of course, this was followed by the coughing and choking we are now used to and are able to handle with such aplomb.

Really hate this virus

This morning I am 6.3, temp is up to 36.9

Good eating they are, makes noice sassages :)

Sounds horrendous. Lots of virtual hugs coming your way. Such resilience that you are still posting!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher poor old Popeye hope he improves as the day goes on. @SaskiaKC and @DJC3 liking the hula hoop talk. One of the big disappointments of my childhood was I could never master it though my friends did. No rhythm me! Great use of walking poles lol.

I was hopeless too and still have no rhythm. Shame, it looked so cool and effortless when the other girls did it.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The Hula hoop is a great thought for encouraging social distancing- that mental picture is really making me laugh.
I’m glad you got to sit and chat with your neighbour for a bit though - a proper matter makes all the difference to our wellbeing.
I have dug out my old crinoline dress - oh! Lordy Lordy - Frankly my dear, I don’t give a **** - cue music.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I added a brand new skill to my midnight repertoire, the ancient and mystical art of projectile vomiting :***: A real delight to suddenly wake up to and the bathroom... so close but yet, so far. Of course, this was followed by the coughing and choking we are now used to and are able to handle with such aplomb.

Really hate this virus

This morning I am 6.3, temp is up to 36.9

Good eating they are, makes noice sassages :)
Not good that night time activity - just goes to show though that some things can move faster than the speed of light.

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...same old routine listen to the weather forecast it's warming up...feed the beasts let them out with the doors open then sit here freezing...this morning about to close the doors but Lola wants to cone in & out while she tackles our resident Woody Pigeon (named woody coincidentally) when I say tackling she mews at him at the first flap of his wings she runs in Woody does not feel threatened at all...one coffee in news on may need another to cope with it...woke to a 6.6 so that's okay...breakfast then wait for the bin men to arrive a quick wave then back to waiting for the only visitors we are allowed next Friday.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not good that night time activity - just goes to show though that some things can move faster than the speed of light.

I am sending the physics of it to Neil Degrasse Tyson :)

Sounds horrendous. Lots of virtual hugs coming your way. Such resilience that you are still posting!

I honestly have nothing else I can do. Standing is a pain, walking leaves me gasping after 10 steps and I can't even have a Cadbury's Creme Egg :arghh:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning pop pickers from a very lazy start to the day in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of not getting up until cockerel was already in the pot came in at a star spangled 5.0 this am

It’s my sisters birthday today - the big six oh! She is already pottering about in her kitchen singing “my birthday in lockdown” to the tune of “Walking in Memphis”. My Niece moved back in from Bordeaux two weeks ago so they are all enjoying being in hose arrest by the Gendarmerie together. Although my brother in law was a Gendarme - his get out of jail free card seems to have expired. Never mind, we are all linking up this evening for dinner. I must brush off my DJ and bull my George boots. Alternatively, it may be a Hawaiian, borrow a bottle of suntan oil from David Dickinson and appear as Pumpkin Charlie.

Enough, the day is slipping and I cannot Carp the diem or even the noctem at this rate - koffy calls.
Have as good a day as you can - what’s the word on the street today @jjraak ?

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Signing off for the day.

FBG 5.2
Temp 35.8

and my contribution to GUITAR..

sad to say i knew little, BUT have learned much
so thank you all.
most appreciated.
thanks to all you all i NOW know MORE.

Not a link i shared before but most certainly the same artist.
well worth a watch.

in awe of those with such skill .

love and respect
live long & prosper

Wonderful talent.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 5.5 this morning.

Happy Friday folks.
I have dyed my hair NHS blue as a mark of respect for the NHS staff in their war against this virus. Don't think it isn't a war. It is.
Now DON'T get out there to fight on the beaches, or in the fields or anywhere, fight by staying at home.
Stay well, stay strong, stay at home.View attachment 39951
That's scary! No not the war, your hair.:joyful: But good on ya.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still waiting for the beasts to come in and allow me to close the door...I'm too soft with them...they have made great progress..
Charlie & Lola January 2020 & again in March 2020...we will have to invest in a larger chair for them...
charlie & Lola chair 1.JPG
charlie & Loal chair.JPG

Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3