What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.1 by the time I remembered to do it. A busy morning already as I woke late - poor Dennis crossing all his legs waiting to go out! Popped his lead on, opened the front door and his collar broke so he was off, rejoicing in his freedom. Got him back quite quickly ( recall is improving, good boy) Off up the lane and came across his pal Ralphie, a beautiful silver mini Scnauzer who had skipped out of his front door too. Recall was impossible once he’d spotted Dennis and we had to let the dogs greet each other until Ralphie’s dad could call him away. Dogs simply don’t understand social distancing.
Once home I had a delivery of fish. A local fisherman (whose business is in jeopardy as the market he sells at has had to close) offered on the village Facebook page to go out in his boat and deliver direct to houses. Yes please! It all went horribly wrong last week when his nets caught a WW2 parachute mine and he had to tow it into the Solent shallows for the coast guards. It was made safe which involved blowing it and his net up. Poor bloke what a loss. Well he managed to get out again this week and has delivered a 10kg box of the freshest fish to my doorstep this morning.
Mr C’s boyhood summers spent helping at his uncles fish and chip shop in Scarborough will be good experience as he knows how to clean, gut and fillet fish thank goodness. -that’s his afternoon sorted.
Some great fbgs here today @Muddy Cyclist and @OldButBold deserve special mention ( and glad you slept well again OBB)
@Debanddez so sorry to hear of Eric’s boss, hugs to you all.
@gennepher I’m looking forward to your Chinese brush paintings. My dad bought me a set of brushes back from China when I was young but I never knew how to use them ( before YouTube etc in those days obviously)
Take care all

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 5.1 by the time I remembered to do it. A busy morning already as I woke late - poor Dennis crossing all his legs waiting to go out! Popped his lead on, opened the front door and his collar broke so he was off, rejoicing in his freedom. Got him back quite quickly ( recall is improving, good boy) Off up the lane and came across his pal Ralphie, a beautiful silver mini Scnauzer who had skipped out of his front door too. Recall was impossible once he’d spotted Dennis and we had to let the dogs greet each other until Ralphie’s dad could call him away. Dogs simply don’t understand social distancing.
Once home I had a delivery of fish. A local fisherman (whose business is in jeopardy as the market he sells at has had to close) offered on the village Facebook page to go out in his boat and deliver direct to houses. Yes please! It all went horribly wrong last week when his nets caught a WW2 parachute mine and he had to tow it into the Solent shallows for the coast guards. It was made safe which involved blowing it and his net up. Poor bloke what a loss. Well he managed to get out again this week and has delivered a 10kg box of the freshest fish to my doorstep this morning.
Mr C’s boyhood summers spent helping at his uncles fish and chip shop in Scarborough will be good experience as he knows how to clean, gut and fillet fish thank goodness. -that’s his afternoon sorted.
Some great fbgs here today @Muddy Cyclist and @OldButBold deserve special mention ( and glad you slept well again OBB)
@Debanddez so sorry to hear of Eric’s boss, hugs to you all.
@gennepher I’m looking forward to your Chinese brush paintings. My dad bought me a set of brushes back from China when I was young but I never knew how to use them ( before YouTube etc in those days obviously)
Take care all
Poor guy. Not what he wanted to catch...

Great you have a delivery of fish now.
A very long time since I scaled, gutted and cleaned fish!

Do you still have those Chinese brushes, or was it too long ago?

When I find an app with the right brushes, I will do some @DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @alf_Josiah , @ianpspurs and @jjraak for your thoughts and comments.
I watched a video this morning and at first thought that it was a big mistake - opening old wounds.
However, it reminds me that the whole world is now at war with a common enemy that we cannot see, smell or hear. No shape, shine, shadow, silhouette or movement. I would like to think that as humans, we are all contributing to it’s demise but I still see images of stupidity; gathering in parks, sunbathing on beaches and driving cars to out of city villages to go for a stroll. Madness.

The soundtrack of the video is “Brothers In Arms” by Mark Knopfler but perhaps it should now read “Humans in Arms”

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I watched a video this morning and at first thought that it was a big mistake - opening old wounds.
However, it reminds me that the whole world is now at war with a common enemy that we cannot see, smell or hear. No shape, shine, shadow, silhouette or movement. I would like to think that as humans, we are all contributing to it’s demise but I still see images of stupidity; gathering in parks, sunbathing on beaches and driving cars to out of city villages to go for a stroll. Madness.

The soundtrack of the video is “Brothers In Arms” by Mark Knopfler but perhaps it should now read “Humans in Arms”

Poignant,
Thank you for sharing .

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

My goodness that was poignant and my thoughts are with you and all your brothers today.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
30.000 of them in Brockwell Park yesterday which was one of our local parks when we were in London & hordes of cyclists in Regents park what is wrong with people?
As I said to Debs earlier not until they lose a family member or best mate will the penny drop.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...exciting times on Monday managed to secure a slot to click & collect shopping on Monday waited until midnight then checked so many sites finally found one on Asda...no idea what they will be bale to provide from my list but any of it will be a help...ordered the kittens food from Amazon which arrived the day after ordering & the cat litter massive respect to all the delivery drivers who must be overwhelmed at the moment...doors open the sunshine streaming in kittens charging round trying to catch the rays...more coffee & I must make an effort to get dressed properly today...woke to a 6.2 temperature 36.2 so all good.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As I said to Debs earlier not until they lose a family member or best mate will the penny drop.
I am so cross about it PM my nieces husband is on the front lines having been redeployed from surgery to the virus control...myself & my neighbours most of whom have young children are being sensible in very difficult circumstances mothers fathers grand parents are not able to visit their families & these selfish people don't seem to relate to the precautions at all...maddening.

Reactions: geefull

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was a competition being run by the Wildlife Centre. Kids and dafter adults, me, had to make hats out of natural materials found whilst walking around the centre, everyone who did it got a prize, two GBP to enter which raises money for the Wildlife Trust.

Thank you. It sounds like fun. :)
I had to Google GBP, I've never heard them called that before.. ;)

Reactions: trick60 and jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting is early today.
I was trying to do a Chinese brush painting within the SketchClubApp but failed miserably. The brush strokes available were not good enough. I need to look for a different app for Chinese painting.

So, I used the blend tool, and blurred it all, and inverted the picture, put it through another tool and got this black effect. I then used the paint fill tool, which normally I am useless with, but because there were defined areas the paint fill stayed where I wanted it. Then I did a bit more.

Not my usual kind of painting :)

I am early today with my painting because I am starting a new project today, which I will be posting later on with photos. You will have to wait....in anticipation...(hopefully!)

View attachment 40021

As you say, different, but I like it. Thank you for posting it.
Looking forward to seeing what you will post later today of your new project. :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
don't believe i gave one before, but never a better time to remind ourselves of jollier times.

which will come again, soon enough

Many thanks for the much prized award, I think, I have vague recollects of the program.
I am more of a Bonzo Dog, Terry Pratchet, Spike Milligan and Goons type of person, but you are not to know this, perhaps in my case a more appropriate ditty could have been " Canyons of your Mind " as my mind is mostly empty most of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I hope the coast guard reimbursed the fisherman for the loss of his net!

I think it’s the insurance company will do that. The net was worth around £80,000 and there was nothing else to be done but destroy it.
We’ve just had some mackerel for lunch. Oh my goodness! it was fab! Not even a fishy smell like you usually get with oily fish - it was so fresh.
So glad you are back with us today and your internet is up and running.View attachment 40048
This is the photo he put on Facebook of his ‘catch of the day’ last time
Ah! It seems I can’t post it, sorry.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it’s the insurance company will do that. The net was worth around £80,000 and there was nothing else to be done but destroy it.
We’ve just had some mackerel for lunch. Oh my goodness! it was fab! Not even a fishy smell like you usually get with oily fish - it was so fresh.
So glad you are back with us today and your internet is up and running.View attachment 40048
This is the photo he put on Facebook of his ‘catch of the day’ last time
Ah! It seems I can’t post it, sorry.
I like the sound of your fish box. It really is true that really fresh fish doesn't smell. I hope the fishermen can survive. There are so many worries for them as well as everyone.