What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We received a beautiful handwritten card from our 2 grandchildren today. I know, we were surprised too as our youngest is just 3 months old! Anyway it brought us to tears. Missing them so much. Had an emotional day today. But I'm OK now. Anyway our 3 year old loves Annie the film. So we put together a handmade card so we could reply. I wrote a poem and enclosed some puzzles. I caught today's post. So fingers crossed they will get it tomorrow.
It's tough and upsetting. Not the same seeing them on Video Chats. Love the card.
My girls are aged 4 years 7 years and 9 the new lads in my sons life are 9 months 4 and 6 years.

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And you also young sparrow me owl - loved The Herbs and not the proscribed stuff.

Sorry @ianpspurs ...
Dense of me, but assuming that's related to the Yorkshire poet ?

Love the regional dialects, and only messing with the "English" subtitles lark.

God knows how, those watching or studying English can make sense of us as a nation,

Especially when I HAVE spent the night in a bar with a Scottish mates mate, as he bu$$ered off to chase the barmaid, and left us to chat
so made the most of it.

Only the Next morning to berate him for leaving me with HIS Scottish mate, and i never understood A WORD..

"Scottish !! ......... He's from newcastle....:wideyed::banghead::banghead::banghead:"

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Not lived it down, tbf

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you’re right about more people being out on walks. The lane next to our house is usually deserted - nobody goes down it ( it just leads to a disused clay quarry) but today I’ve seen several families with children out for a walk. Everyone observing social distancing and calling friendly greetings, as you’ve noticed. I wonder if this situation might actually be helping families stay fit and heathy.
lovely artwork too!
If only life could stay this way without the virus problem once the world gets back to some normality, but I suspect it won't.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry @ianpspurs ...
Dense of me, but assuming that's related to the Yorkshire poet ?

Love the regional dialects, and only messing with the "English" subtitles lark.

Good knows how, those watching or studying English can make sense of us as a nation, w

When I HAVE spent the night in a bar with a mates mate, as he bu$$ered off to chase the barmaid, and left us to chat
so made the most of it.

Only the next to berate him for leaving me with HIS Scottish mate, and i never understood A WORD..

"Scottish !! he's from newcastle.....:wideyed::banghead::banghead::banghead:"

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Not lived it down, tbf
Heard this at our local wildlife centre before all this virus lockdown, mom speaking to son.

"Why don't you get one of those whatsits to put with your thingomajig it will make your whosit a winner"

what chance does any English language student stand. I knew exactly what she was saying about a nature hat her son was making. :joyful:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's tough and upsetting. Not the same seeing them on Video Chats. Love the card.
My girls are aged 4 years 7 years and 9 the new lads in my sons life are 9 months 4 and 6 years.
It's for the best. Just had a phone call. Eric's boss has been blue lighted into hospital. Came back from Bahamas cruise a week last Friday. Not been well since. Nor has her hubby but he is doing better. No visitors alallowed. Everyone is so upset.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heard this at our local wildlife centre before all this virus lockdown, mom speaking to son.

"Why don't you get one of those whatsits to put with your thingomajig it will make your whosit a winner"

what chance does any English language student stand. I knew exactly what she was saying about a nature hat her son was making. :joyful:

Agree

I got crucified at work,
Because going from place to place, the idea EVERY ONE would know that the TV's for instance didn't work as every where else and needed a code.. That no one ever told your about..:banghead:

So start of days these. In Uber intelligents locations was harder then it should..( why do idiots hate being told they are idiots so much.. Surely a quick look in the mirror should jolt them into life, and remove any doubts, right? )

Any way, I got lots of stickie notes pinned to switches etc saying "gubbins"
was a fav worried of mine back then

In the idea, some teach some educate

Sure it was an insult but it also was that " hey the Brain dead are now thinking what I and others need to know IS important "

So yeah.. Dialect etc. Important if a little confusing.

Reactions: UserABC2021

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Should I admit to ignorance of what a nature hat is even though I do speak a version of English? ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's for the best. Just had a phone call. Eric's boss has been blue lighted into hospital. Came back from Bahamas cruise a week last Friday. Not been well since. Nor has her hubby but he is doing better. No visitors alallowed. Everyone is so upset.

I'm sorry to hear about her. Hopes and prayers she will soon be doing much better and that her hubby will continue to improve.
Hugs to you and Eric missing the grands. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
91826896_10158459236451617_1074217964074434560_n.jpg

Wonder what army that is? Ours has had a rep for using mules but I think in their case the mules usually carried the soldiers!
I would say just lead the donk on a tight lead but I have seen too many ponies fighting for their heads and dancing around, so piggy- er-- donkey-backing is the best way.

Reactions: Ryhia

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For all the thread members with cats, thought you would like this......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405-003354_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405-003354_Facebook.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Should I admit to ignorance of what a nature hat is even though I do speak a version of English? ;)
It was a competition being run by the Wildlife Centre. Kids and dafter adults, me, had to make hats out of natural materials found whilst walking around the centre, everyone who did it got a prize, two GBP to enter which raises money for the Wildlife Trust.

Reactions: geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awful news for you, hugs all around.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Terrible news.
Hope she's getting better.
Best wishes to her and her husband

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 4.8 today, where did that come from?

Sat watching a lovely sun rise from the conservatory, all the world feels at peace, deceptive.

Once again I hope that all those struggling can find peace and calm this Sunday.

Enjoy the fine weather from the safety of your home, celebrate Spring, it's still happening amidst all the troubled world, and remember those fighting for us or struggling with this unseen enemy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting is early today.
I was trying to do a Chinese brush painting within the SketchClubApp but failed miserably. The brush strokes available were not good enough. I need to look for a different app for Chinese painting.

So, I used the blend tool, and blurred it all, and inverted the picture, put it through another tool and got this black effect. I then used the paint fill tool, which normally I am useless with, but because there were defined areas the paint fill stayed where I wanted it. Then I did a bit more.

Not my usual kind of painting :)

I am early today with my painting because I am starting a new project today, which I will be posting later on with photos. You will have to wait....in anticipation...(hopefully!)

55373D58-4E74-4762-BBB3-4F910DA33A6E.jpeg

Last edited: