What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
05-04-2020
7.45am FBG 5 3

@Ryhia Unkind schoolmates used to call me sparrow knees...And do drawings.

Sounds as if they were really unkind.

Got no commitment that's my problem I'd forgotten all about them. :banghead:
Was wondering if it's a frozen shoulder?
Walking fingers up walls is one of my twice daily (most days)remedial exercises. It does help increase range of movement.
@PenguinMum its wonderful that your plan for the day includes a slot for relaxation.
Am afraid if I tried that would end up even further behind. Looks for running emoji

No not a frozen shoulder, I have spondylosis with stenosis in my neck. Doc offered an op a few years ago but as the symptoms were more of sickness and confusion than pain I chose the physio route first. The physio was to give me more flexibility in my neck, and worked fine. I am supposed to be doing the exercises regularly but in practice these are only done when I remember or when my neck starts to grind when I move it, which is what it is doing currently. I really need to take myself in hand..
My mum used to call me ‘larks legs’ unfortunately I grew up to have fat ankles!
My mum used to call me "a right duck egg" because I was so clumsy, of course the clumsiness became a self fulfilling prophecy. I always tried to only give positive comments to my own kids.
Sorry @ianpspurs ...
Dense of me, but assuming that's related to the Yorkshire poet ?

Love the regional dialects, and only messing with the "English" subtitles lark.

God knows how, those watching or studying English can make sense of us as a nation,

Especially when I HAVE spent the night in a bar with a Scottish mates mate, as he bu$$ered off to chase the barmaid, and left us to chat
so made the most of it.

Only the Next morning to berate him for leaving me with HIS Scottish mate, and i never understood A WORD..

"Scottish !! ......... He's from newcastle....:wideyed::banghead::banghead::banghead:"

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Not lived it down, tbf

I live in the same county and I have trouble sometimes, because of course I tark proper not like them across the watter.
...where to today? Taylor, J is ever helpful so Carolina it is, - at least in my mind.
Did someone post Carolina on my Mind previously because I have been driving myself mad singing it for the last couple of days!
Morning...exciting times on Monday managed to secure a slot to click & collect shopping on Monday waited until midnight then checked so many sites finally found one on Asda...no idea what they will be bale to provide from my list but any of it will be a help...ordered the kittens food from Amazon which arrived the day after ordering & the cat litter massive respect to all the delivery drivers who must be overwhelmed at the moment...doors open the sunshine streaming in kittens charging round trying to catch the rays...more coffee & I must make an effort to get dressed properly today...woke to a 6.2 temperature 36.2 so all good.
I got a click and collect from Asda yesterday, got most of what I wanted - no courgettes and a substitute for cheese to a different brand - the other thing I couldn't get was cod fillets, don't think you need to worry about that though. Remember to take some bags although to be fair most of my stuff was bagged.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods were 5.6 this morning which I don't think was too bad as I was snacking most of the night on nuts and followed this by a bowl of sugar free jelly and cream. Got the munchies for some reason

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor guy. Not what he wanted to catch...

Great you have a delivery of fish now.
A very long time since I scaled, gutted and cleaned fish!

Do you still have those Chinese brushes, or was it too long ago?

When I find an app with the right brushes, I will do some @DJC3
I think I gave them to a charity shop only a few months ago Gennepher. It’s a shame - I’d gladly have sent them to you instead.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the sound of your fish box. It really is true that really fresh fish doesn't smell. I hope the fishermen can survive. There are so many worries for them as well as everyone.
I thought of you when the fish arrived, knowing how much you like it, and I wished you lived closer so you could share it. I’ll definitely carry on ordering from this chap if he continues delivering, even after the lockdown has finished. I did pay him more than he asked for as I don’t see how he was covering his costs at £20 for 10kg fish.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Once isolation is over we all be like...

hahaha...

been ignoring the scales last week or two.

pleasantly surprised today..
197 lbs

song in my head last few days

Let the sky fall,
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the sky fall,
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Skyfall is where we start
A thousand miles and poles apart
Where worlds collide and days are dark
You may have my number
You can take my name
But you'll never have my heart.

Let the sky fall (Let the sky fall),
When it crumbles (When it crumbles)
We will stand tall (We will stand tall)
Face it all together

like.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Q. WHY do we trust them anymore ?
lie after lie.

It's THIS kind of BS that has me despising those in charge of this.

the incompetence is staggering

NO one thought..mmhh china looks a bit Sh-!t, lets look in to that and see if we can see whats killing thousands of their citizens, and medics.
and see if we can do our best to avoid that here...

months of waiting around eating canapes and drinking gin and NOW
hancock tells us how bitter it feels to loose people that he knew and loved....mmhh

My guess is IF he was genuine, the why did HE and the rest of the Govt become complicit in the DEATHS of so F****** MANY of them..?

Daily Propaganda show april 5th

"What we're seeing now is a slightly different prevalence of disease and we've adapted our guidance to manage that."

"If we went back, say, four months, it would be very unlikely anybody in the emergency department would see anyone with Covid-19," she says, as an example.

goobledeegook for downgrading the health and safety
so we can now begin using paper masks were respirators was the guidance,
because we have none.
and my guess is bin bags become the acceptable protective gear doctors and nurses
are forced into wearing

BINBAGS for NHS teams

but don't worry the sound bites will keep coming..
they have friends who...
they are in this with us..(Scottish CMO aside ..@notMEtoo.. HOW can we ever trust HER again ? )
they couldn't have known, nope, no siree
Unknowable, obv

Utter utter shower of Poo.

lets NOT forget.

https://twitter.com/brexit_sham/status/1245801302401126400?s=09

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay.
I have started a new project.
Growing veg on the window sill from bought veg.
I am mostly interested in baby salad leaves.

I like onions, But I am not going to grow onions as such, but see what leaves come out of these red onions. They are the root bits in jars of water

In the wide necked jar is Spring Onions. I cut off the bottom inch or so with the roots on and put them in water, but I didn't have the right size small jars for them to stand up in. So, I had some egg shells, broke a bit out of the top and stood the spring onions up in them. So that worked well to support them.

The tomatoes are some small tomatoes. I sliced them, and put them in an old milk container with the side cut out. You can see this in the first photo.

Second photo is this lot in the front room on the window ledge. All I could find to put them in were some foil baking trays I had in the garage for my acrylic paint pour canvases.

So, ultimately the whole of the front window will be salad leaves, and tomatoes being grown.

Next weekend, on Saturday (or Sunday), I will post some more pics where I am with this, how much they have grown (or not!), and what else I have started as regards growing salad veg.

CAE3C472-9DF1-4C82-A43A-DE513E9629ED.jpeg

83D2AE71-8F97-4B4B-B540-CE23477384CE.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay.

I like onions, But I am not going to grow onions as such, but see what leaves come out of these red onions. They are the root bits in jars of water

In the wide necked jar is Spring Onions. I cut off the bottom inch or so with the roots on and put them in water, but I didn't have the right size small jars for them to stand up in. So, I had some egg shells, broke a bit out of the top and stood the spring onions up in them. So that worked well to support them.

The tomatoes are some small tomatoes. I sliced them, and put them in an old milk container with the side cut out. You can see this in the first photo.

Second photo is this lot in the front room on the window ledge. All I could find to put them in were some foil baking trays I had in the garage for my acrylic paint pour canvases.

So, ultimately the whole of the front window will be salad leaves, and tomatoes being grown.

Next weekend, on Saturday (or Sunday), I will post some more pics where I am with this, how much they have grown (or not!), and what else I have started as regards growing salad veg.

View attachment 40069

View attachment 40070
I’ve started doing similar just out of interest really. This is a lettuce which has started growing from the middle again - it’s just the bottom of the lettuce in a bowl with a bit of water in. Not sure how long it will be before the leaves are harvestable. It’s been a few days so farView attachment 40071
Darn it. I don’t seem to be able to post photos any moreView attachment 40072

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These words came to my mind this morning:

THESE are the times that try men's souls. …

We did not make a proper use of last winter. …

'Tis surprising to see how rapidly a panic will sometimes run through a country. … Yet panics, in some cases, have their uses; they produce as much good as hurt. Their duration is always short; the mind soon grows through them, and acquires a firmer habit than before. But their peculiar advantage is, that they are the touchstones of sincerity and hypocrisy, and bring things and men to light, which might otherwise have lain forever undiscovered. ...They sift out the hidden thoughts of man, and hold them up in public to the world.

I thank God, that I fear not. I see no real cause for fear.

-- Thomas Paine

December 23, 1776

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay.

View attachment 40069

View attachment 40070

Brilliant. I was looking forward to seeing these pics. Can't wait to see what comes next. Thanks for posting these. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve started doing similar just out of interest really. This is a lettuce which has started growing from the middle again - it’s just the bottom of the lettuce in a bowl with a bit of water in. Not sure how long it will be before the leaves are harvestable. It’s been a few days so farView attachment 40071
Darn it. I don’t seem to be able to post photos any moreView attachment 40072

It sounds really interesting. Unfortunately the link tells me I don't have permission to see the pics. The previous link told me the same thing. Weird. :(

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds really interesting. Unfortunately the link tells me I don't have permission to see the pics. The previous link told me the same thing. Weird. :(

I really don’t know why I can’t post photos any more. First my DCUK app went on the blink, and now I don’t seem to be able to use the website properly. I’m not techy enough to figure it out.
The photo was meant to show the cut off bottom of the lettuce in a saucer of water, with the middle bit sprouting new leaves. It’s amazing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished but unhappy with the third Tree and Light watercolour, for some reason it got muddy, a bit like me, I wanted it brighter so will be doing it again. However yesterday I promised I would post it and so here it is. A4 size, time, too long mostly spent trying to get it brighter with lots of bright yellow layered washes, failed....
IMG_2869.JPG

I will be doing this again the green forest background was supposed to be like a previous wood scene shown below, you can see the difference in brightness.
IMG_1153.JPG
These are the first two....

IMG_1583.JPG IMG_1589.JPG

Frustrating art day:banghead:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really don’t know why I can’t post photos any more. First my DCUK app went on the blink, and now I don’t seem to be able to use the website properly. I’m not techy enough to figure it out.
The photo was meant to show the cut off bottom of the lettuce in a saucer of water, with the middle bit sprouting new leaves. It’s amazing.

I would have loved to have been able to see that @DJC3

I did have a similar/same problem when I first joined this site. And I haven't a clue what was wrong. I tried deleting app, reinstalling it, then back to the web, signing out and signing back in again. But then it just started working again by itself and I was able to post photos again.

Hugs

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished but unhappy with the third Tree and Light watercolour, for some reason it got muddy, a bit like me, I wanted it brighter so will be doing it again. However yesterday I promised I would post it and so here it is. A4 size, time, too long mostly spent trying to get it brighter with lots of bright yellow layered washes, failed....
View attachment 40079

I will be doing this again the green forest background was supposed to be like a previous wood scene shown below, you can see the difference in brightness.
View attachment 40080
These are the first two....

View attachment 40081 View attachment 40082

Frustrating art day:banghead:

Yes, I can see what you mean, the difference in brightness. But you do have that yellow brightness in the patch of yellow in the bottom of the foreground.

Maybe there is something in the air today. I have felt cranky all day, also not being able to do things properly.

You will get it on the next attempt...it is a good picture @Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods were 5.6 this morning which I don't think was too bad as I was snacking most of the night on nuts and followed this by a bowl of sugar free jelly and cream. Got the munchies for some reason
I have had the munchies today and got out the pistachio nuts ! had hidden away and am really hoping that my fbs will be as good as yours tomorrow. Fingers crossed.