What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They sometimes do coffee grounds at the coffee shops in roadside services, I was in Costa at Baldock services on the A1 recently and they had bags of the stuff if anybody wanted them if that's any use genn.

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.6

Up a wee bit

3 chunky chocolate biscuits were my sin yesterday...

Temp 35.1

The sky is lightening here.

My breakfast is some salmon jerky. So I am starting the day being good...how long will I last out.

I am losing weight, partly because I am not interested in food at the moment (except inviting things with chocolate on...), and partly because I want to make my food last as long as possible.

This salmon jerky is delicious...I have only just found it in the shop, Morrisons, first time I have tried it....

Take care

Be safe

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They sometimes do coffee grounds at the coffee shops in roadside services, I was in Costa at Baldock services on the A1 recently and they had bags of the stuff if anybody wanted them if that's any use genn.
So can you still get stuff from Costas...I mean, are they open for takeaways? I know where there are a few Costas near me.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had Greek yoghurt with keto muesli but I had run out of cream so no splash of cream to add. It is bitter to me without so i didn't finish it all. Small ham and salami salad for lunch and low carb moussaka for dinner. Watched our Queenie's speech. Admirable woman. Wonderful speech. Then our favourite George Michael tribute, Rob Lamberti, was giving a concert on Facebook. 2 large glasses of wine and peanuts accompanied him. And a piece of son's chocolate and nut bar. Thought it would up my blood sugars but it didn't according to my libre, probably down to the red wine!

More painting today. Outdoors. Forecast better than yesterday.

Hope our Boris is OK. He has been hospitalised. Par for course with the CV 19 where fever doesn't subside apparently. Hope he is going to be OK.

Attached something to make our forum cat lovers smile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405-233341_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405-233341_Facebook.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 96

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So can you still get stuff from Costas...I mean, are they open for takeaways? I know where there are a few Costas near me.

I think the ones on the A roads and motorways are still open, but only to pick up and takeaway, the coffee grounds at Baldock were by the counter and had a sign saying that you could take them.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have two Little Gems
I will try as well @DJC3
Next shopping trip I will see what other lettuces I can find!
I will post my salad experiments (and any other free garden survival food) just on a weekend, either Saturday or Sunday and then you can look particularly of a weekend if you want to find them.

Good luck, I’ll look forward to seeing what is growing on your windowsill next weekend.

Reactions: jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had Greek yoghurt with keto muesli but I had run out of cream so no splash of cream to add. It is bitter to me without so i didn't finish it all. Small ham and salami salad for lunch and low carb moussaka for dinner. Watched our Queenie's speech. Admirable woman. Wonderful speech. Then our favourite George Michael tribute, Rob Lamberti, was giving a concert on Facebook. 2 large glasses of wine and peanuts accompanied him. And a piece of son's chocolate and nut bar. Thought it would up my blood sugars but it didn't according to my libre, probably down to the red wine!

More painting today. Outdoors. Forecast better than yesterday.

Hope our Boris is OK. He has been hospitalised. Par for course with the CV 19 where fever doesn't subside apparently. Hope he is going to be OK.

Attached something to make our forum cat lovers smile.

Agree the Queen’s speech was pitched just right.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think quite a few of us are having ‘what the hell’ moments....3 chunky chocolate biscuits were my sin yesterday...

I do have a very tiny chocolate Lindt Easter bunny. One gulp would finish it. That will wait until Easter.

Admirable willpower over the bunny. Better than mine for sure.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.5 today.

Damp start here, gentle rain through the night at least watered our garden.

Thank you for all the comments about my Muddy watercolour, I have started another version of it and so far the brightness is back.

Be considerate in all you do this Monday, take care.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 this sunny Palm Sunday morning. Jobs for this morning climb on a chair and clean the cooker hood. Then onto weeding until it gets too warm, then on to a garden chair and a book. Grateful to be well, grateful to have an outside space.
@gennepher thanks for the colourful art and intrigued by whats to come! Hope Popeye continues to heal. @Debandez sorry to hear your news, hope they both recover. For those still not taking this seriously its only when its someone close to them the penny will drop. @OldButBold good to see you checking in and progress seems to be made. Take it very easy. Like you all are I miss seeing my boys and my new grandkitten will be quite grown up when I PG get to meet her. Eldest son isolated alone in Dublin so vey lonely for a young man. But we have a lot to be thankful for, so much, actually.
Try and enjoy Sunday. Stay/get well, stay safe, always.

I feel blessed too. This awful situation is making everyone appreciate what they have and even moreso what they had. My family in Dublin are coping with total lockdown surprisingly well. Netflix is helping! Does your son do gaming? Its a great way to keep the contact with others going. My son does. He works for the NHS (main job is 111). He can switch off gaming. So glad he has an outlet. He is gutted as he can't see his girlfriend. She is with her parents who have conditions that make them vulnerable. She may move in here if we go on total lockdown. Massive decision for her.

Reactions: DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Im the same with the ‘What the hell’ attitude, and like you with the Montezuma’s. I’ve eaten a whole 200g Absolute Black Easter Egg in 3 days. Can’t believe I actually opened it now, rather than waiting until Easter, let alone ate it all!
I think that eating it in 3 days was quite restrained. I think that yesterday l might have managed it in just one day.I

It’s really surprising isn’t it? Not sure it’ll ever be enough for a whole salad though.
Will be really interested to know how big it does grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.1 by the time I remembered to do it. A busy morning already as I woke late - poor Dennis crossing all his legs waiting to go out! Popped his lead on, opened the front door and his collar broke so he was off, rejoicing in his freedom. Got him back quite quickly ( recall is improving, good boy) Off up the lane and came across his pal Ralphie, a beautiful silver mini Scnauzer who had skipped out of his front door too. Recall was impossible once he’d spotted Dennis and we had to let the dogs greet each other until Ralphie’s dad could call him away. Dogs simply don’t understand social distancing.
Once home I had a delivery of fish. A local fisherman (whose business is in jeopardy as the market he sells at has had to close) offered on the village Facebook page to go out in his boat and deliver direct to houses. Yes please! It all went horribly wrong last week when his nets caught a WW2 parachute mine and he had to tow it into the Solent shallows for the coast guards. It was made safe which involved blowing it and his net up. Poor bloke what a loss. Well he managed to get out again this week and has delivered a 10kg box of the freshest fish to my doorstep this morning.
Mr C’s boyhood summers spent helping at his uncles fish and chip shop in Scarborough will be good experience as he knows how to clean, gut and fillet fish thank goodness. -that’s his afternoon sorted.
Some great fbgs here today @Muddy Cyclist and @OldButBold deserve special mention ( and glad you slept well again OBB)
@Debanddez so sorry to hear of Eric’s boss, hugs to you all.
@gennepher I’m looking forward to your Chinese brush paintings. My dad bought me a set of brushes back from China when I was young but I never knew how to use them ( before YouTube etc in those days obviously)
Take care all
Challenging times for many but especially for this fisherman. His business has fallen off a cliffedge. Picked himself up, dusted himself off and came back fighting only to be knocked down again. Hope he survived. His resilience is commendable. Enjoy the fresh fish. It will taste all the better knowing the journey behind it arriving on your plate.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, 5.4 this morning and a temp of 36.0 so I'm more than good :)

The cough and breathlessness are still there but given my COPD etc I expect time to be the healer of that. I have a call booked with my doc today to update but I would expect to be let off the hook with his usual proviso of "if anything changes...".

Therefore I am going back to my normal self-isolating, anti-social fun guy lifestyle :)

In all seriousness, I am eternally grateful to my friends. Three doctors, two nurses, a paramedic and a policeman who took time out of being essential to the world at large to be essential in my small life. Yes, they are personal friends but I know how busy they are right now and the personal traumas they have all set aside. Thanks to folk here and on other forums that have been supportive and caring, it helps a lot :)

I've been very lucky, should have got some lottery tickets;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, 5.4 this morning and a temp of 36.0 so I'm more than good :)

The cough and breathlessness are still there but given my COPD etc I expect time to be the healer of that. I have a call booked with my doc today to update but I would expect to be let off the hook with his usual proviso of "if anything changes...".

Therefore I am going back to my normal self-isolating, anti-social fun guy lifestyle :)

In all seriousness, I am eternally grateful to my friends. Three doctors, two nurses, a paramedic and a policeman who took time out of being essential to the world at large to be essential in my small life. Yes, they are personal friends but I know how busy they are right now and the personal traumas they have all set aside. Thanks to folk here and on other forums that have been supportive and caring, it helps a lot :)

I've been very lucky, should have got some lottery tickets;)
Nice to see you about :)
Definitely should have got those lottery tickets :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who weakened with the food and booze control, very understandable, don't dwell on it, move on today is another day.
A more controlable straight 7.0 this morning, this reading I can deal with, it's the low 5's that are the problem.

I'm now entering my 4th week of lockdown, my motorbike is now asking for a divorce, muttering things like I don't love it any more.
Mrs J is digging a big hole in the garden and can be heard mutterring very rude words and I shall retire to my shed and catalogue my shoe lace collection.
Have a great day, draw rainbows, stick them in the front window.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 which is ok. Note lots of comfort eating going on. Mine is having slice of thin small ordinary bread toasted as my LC bread run out. If my BG allows it then thats my treat. For now anyway!
@OldButBold hope you are making progress and getting lots of rest. @Debandez hugs for all the bad news coming your way. Very difficult times for many. @Muddy Cyclist thank you for the woodland, I liked the hazy sunshine. @gennepher and @DJC3 fascinating growing of salad. I think I will start my lettuce seeds on the window cill today. Re coffee grounds my Waitrose have large bins of coffee grounds outside to help yourself to. It just occurred to me that it will be a very long time before I get food from either Waitrose or M&S. We intend to stay in isolation only doing Click & Collect every fortnight. @SaskiaKC my Bobs is a ferocious hunter and upsets me everytime she gets a bird though I know she is just following natural instincts. Daisy on the other hand couldnt catch a cold.
Have the best Monday possible. Stay/get well, stay safe.