Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well all done and workmen all gone to their next port of call.:)

Just the scaffolding to come down now.

Party time .... in a warm house after a hot bath :)

t6014.gif
t6007.gif
t6006.gif
t6013.gif

t0328.gif
t9604.gif
t6005.gif

h07072.gif

h3412.gif

Musicians from the South Netherlands Philharmonic playing Beethoven's 6th Symphony, to which I am listening right now, courtesy of the local cable company, which is giving us some free special programming while we are incarcerated at home.

Reactions: DJC3 and JohnEGreen

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up to the dog eating my 85% Lindt chocolate in my bed. I thought I'd put it in a safe place but hadn't counted on curious cats throwing stuff down from high places :banghead:
So no coffee for me this morning but straight to the vet after my morning insulin. Now I have a little dog who is feeling very sorry for herself after her shot to make her throw up, and she has an owner who is feeling sorry for themselves too because vets are ridiculously expensive in the weekend.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Woke up to the dog eating my 85% Lindt chocolate in my bed. I thought I'd put it in a safe place but hadn't counted on curious cats throwing stuff down from high places :banghead:
So no coffee for me this morning but straight to the vet after my morning insulin. Now I have a little dog who is feeling very sorry for herself after her shot to make her throw up, and she has an owner who is feeling sorry for themselves too because vets are ridiculously expensive in the weekend.
Oh dear, I have found in the past there are very few places safe from a nosy dog.

Also watch out for antifreeze if you ever have any around.

Both cats and dogs will drink antifreeze, drawn to it by its sweet taste.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh no! Poor dog and poor you.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
New avatar to celebrate your new boiler. :)
I have to admit the new boiler is fab and the steampunk cat in the pic I just fell in love with.:)

The new controller for the central heating is digital and wireless.

Reactions: Antje77

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I am again listening to the Philharmonie Zuidnederland This time they are playing Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1. The pianist is appropriately named Boris.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was in the back garden listening to some Abney Park in the sunshine but next door are in their back yard with family visitors who are in and out all the time wittering on about coronavirus and going on about how they are OK cause they are youngish and fit I came in.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was in the back garden listening to some Abney Park in the sunshine but next door are in their back yard with family visitors who are in and out all the time wittering on about coronavirus and going on about how they are OK cause they are youngish and fit I came in.

What horrible "neighbors." :(

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A survey question asked, "What changes has the COVID-19 shutdown caused in your household?"
I replied, "We have become a 2 TV household."

View attachment 40142
Love the picture! Your cat looks a bit too much like my 7 month old kitten Vlieg for comfort though. Vlieg was killed by a car right in front of my house earlier this afternoon and now everything cat makes me cry.

Goodbye Vliegje.

92354001_10220371450310693_4933524075583635456_n.jpg