Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Vlieg looks such a lovely kitten
He was. Sleeping in my arms at night and stealing my food all the time. Funny, cuddly and adventurous. I expect his brother Efraïm will have a hard time in the coming weeks too, they were constantly playing and sleeping together.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love the picture! Your cat looks a bit too much like my 7 month old kitten Vlieg for comfort though. Vlieg was killed by a car right in front of my house earlier this afternoon and now everything cat makes me cry.

Goodbye Vliegje.

92354001_10220371450310693_4933524075583635456_n.jpg

I am so sorry to hear about poor Vlieg. I had enjoyed so much reading about your new baby kitties.

It reminded me of the day I came home to find my kitten Tiger dead on my back porch. He had presumably been hit by a car. That was nearly 50 years ago but the memory is still all too clear.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnEGreen I have been watching a saxophonist playing Schubert on TV. I never thought about it before, but in a way, an alto sax is steampunk in its own right. :)

images

And just because I think this one's cool too--

61OqGYTBW0L._AC_SY879_.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@SaskiaKC I had never thought about it but yes I think your right. My favorite saxophonist is still Jan Garbarek but after watching the TV show Bosch I have been listening to a lot of Art Pepper's music and have got quite hooked on it. :)

And yes there is nothing cooler than the saxophone.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC I had never thought about it but yes I think your right. My favorite saxophonist is still Jan Garbarek but after watching the TV show Bosch I have been listening to a lot of Art Pepper's music and have got quite hooked on it. :)

And yes there is nothing cooler than the saxophone.

I think the saxophonist I saw today on TV is David Parker. He was playing a duet with Diane Bish in a church in Warsaw.

I have had some good friends who played saxophones -- alto, tenor, baritone.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
When Judith and I first married in Plymouth Devon we had a flat in a house with in which there where four other flats all occupied by Royal Marine Bandsmen one of whom's wives was a saxophonist she used to play in the local clubs and pubs. And they all used to practice until 2 or 3 in the morning it was a crazy place to live but entertaining.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When Judith and I first married in Plymouth Devon we had a flat in a house with in which there where four other flats all occupied by Royal Marine Bandsmen one of whom's wives was a saxophonist she used to play in the local clubs and pubs. And they all used to practice until 2 or 3 in the morning it was a crazy place to live but entertaining.

Wow, I would have loved to move into y'all's flat when y'all moved out! :D A house full of Royal Marine Bandsmen ... ! :D And a fellow female (yes, I know ... ) to play music with. I would have wanted to bring my high school bassoon along.

Actually I would have preferred a house full of Horse Guards (as they were when I first knew them) ...
Or Life Guards would do ... I would have invited Cathy and Jean and Sheila and other former band members to move in with me!

m0837.gif
m0823.gif
m0822.gif
m0830.gif

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Wow, I would have loved to move into y'all's flat when y'all moved out! :D A house full of Royal Marine Bandsmen ... ! :D And a fellow female (yes, I know ... ) to play music with. I would have wanted to bring my high school bassoon along.

Actually I would have preferred a house full of Horse Guards (as they were when I first knew them) ...
Or Life Guards would do ... I would have invited Cathy and Jean and Sheila and other former band members to move in with me!

m0837.gif
m0823.gif
m0822.gif
m0830.gif

Yeh but they couldn't play 3 card brag to save their lives. I left them a little money out of pity.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for asking @Bluetit1802 , how are you?
Doing fine here. Last sunday I got a surprise gift of 2 goats (castrated males), so I'm mainly busy with finding out how one takes care of goats and working out the changes I need to make to my garden :hilarious:

98000549_10220808032024963_2347758028847054848_o.jpg

Reactions: Pipp

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Antje77 Wethers can grow to weigh as much as 350Lb you are going to have your hands full there.:)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doing fine here. Last sunday I got a surprise gift of 2 goats (castrated males), so I'm mainly busy with finding out how one takes care of goats and working out the changes I need to make to my garden :hilarious:

I think as long as there are secure fences, the goats will do the gardening for you, @Antje77 .

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How does one get a surprise goat?
Choose the right (or wrong?) friends!

Got a phonecall late saturday night from a friend thet I had to clear out the car because we were going to pick up my belated birthday present tomorrow. And to bring my neighbour's big dog bench...
She didn't manage to contain her excitement so at least I knew about my new pets the night before I got them :D.
Good thing too, because I rightly figured 2 grown up goats, smallish breed or no, wouldn't fit in a dog bench so I brought some other fencing and a pack of tyraps in case they would have to travel in the back of my rather modest Citroën C3. We had a remarkable amount of cars driving closer behind us than usual, or passing us very slowly :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I think as long as there are secure fences, the goats will do the gardening for you, @Antje77 .
I think that was the deeper goal behind this present!
@Antje77 Wethers can grow to weigh as much as 350Lb you are going to have your hands full there.:)
I hope at over 2 years old they're pretty much done growing, they seem to be of a small breed :)

98164690_10220802615209546_865414757430067200_o.jpg

97998824_10220802605009291_7871612014802501632_o.jpg

Hotpepper20000

I love animals. I really could spread all my time in my garden with my two 15 pound rabbits and three cats.
Being able to have a couple of goats would be the great birthday present!!
We are not allowed to have farm animals in the city here.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77
Goats make lovely and amusing pets if you have the space, and learn how to care for them. (their feet in particular).
We had a nanny goat for many years. She was a kid when we rescued her from a hotel garden as she kept eating the flowers. She grew and grew and would eat anything, and I mean anything. She was excellent at keeping nettles at bay, weeds, grass, washing hanging on the line, the toggles on my anorak (while I was wearing it). She could climb just about anything, so boundary fencing must be extremely high and strong if they are to roam loose. We had a well enclosed small paddock where she could roam free, which is where her hut was. It was an empty shed with boards a few feet off the ground the length of the shed. She had a thick layer of hay down for bedding on the boards. They like to be high up to sleep. She used to eat that as well. We also tethered her in other places where she was needed. One thing we tried was to string a washing line across an area and tether her to that with a loose loop. She could then access the whole length of the washing line and both sides of it for the distance her tether allowed. It was a long tether. You can also buy goat hooks that skewer into the ground. Her droppings made excellent fertiliser for the flower beds. I don't know how much she weighed, but she was big.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Very handsome fellows! What do they and the guardcat think of each other? That body language ....!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Three weeks since the last post on this thread. How is everyone doing?

I am glad you started up the thread again. :) How are you? I have just moved to a lovely little town out in the country. The KittenCat and I are still getting used to our new home. It is very nice, especially now that I have found the cat treats and the coffee!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Antje77 I have a friend whose family has goats on their farm. Are yours Toggenbergs? I think theirs are mostly Nubians, the ones with short coats and droop ears.