What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke very early 4 Am hot and bothered. Checked BG 5.6 not massive.
However unable to sleep again.
Checked again at 7am FBG 5.4
Today planned instruction in mower refuelling and log splitter operation. Got out the windows. Considering how to utilise them. Ofc they are all different sizes. The plants will soon outgrow their current overnight accommodation though, so something has to be done for them.
@OldButBold pleased to read you are recovering.
@Debandez have you tried different brands of Greek yoghurt? My favourite thick, rich and creamy is produced by Lynos and is actually made in Greece.
Keep well and get well.
I've tried most. My favourite is Brooklea from Aldi.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been doing horseless walking dressage out in the parking lot, but yesterday and today I didn't go out. Today I did carry the garbage to the garbage chute about 30-40 feet down the hall, so instead of a dressage horse I was being a carthorse.
On the way back I cantered, and that felt so good that I trotted halfway down the other end of the hall and then cantered back.
After all, if a carthorse can win the Grand National, I can certainly canter in the hallway. :D
But next time I will wear my galloping shoes.

Which reminds me: @Muddy Cyclist , How is your son?

Oh I love the thought of you doing dressage walking and cantering down the hall, I really wish I could have seen it.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez how are things with you? I know you have concerns for several folk you and Eric know, How is your daughter and family. Stay well, stay safe all of you.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great, like the grass and leaves around the trees, also love the movement in the trees. I think David H now should be worried, real competition.

I have to be frank with you, @Muddy Cyclist I don't think much of his efforts with the iPad, there are so many painting apps out there to create something better than he does.

Thank you for the compliments :)

Thanks so much Gennepher. That is lovely and also the message.

Thank you @PenguinMum

I really like this. Thank you for posting it. :) Those are my favorite kind of toadstools.

Thank you @SaskiaKC

I love the light through the trees.

Thank you @Krystyna23040

and Thank you @DJC3 for your comments :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC and Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum So glad Mr. Fuzz is back, I have been so enjoying hearing about his daily comings and goings was quite saddened at the thought that maybe the foxes had got him.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Gennepher, I don't really know much about them but would a text phone not work for you?
I have a mobile phone @Ryhia which I use to text with. The chemist do not communicate by text or mobile phone. The doctor's surgery send out texts to your mobile phone to remind you of appointments, but there is no provision to reply back to that text (or to send them an independent text on another matter), only a message saying telephone their landline if you cannot make the appointment. I can't telephone their landline with being deaf because I cannot hear it. And when I get a friend to telephone for me (assuming they are answering), they won't deal with her because she is not me and the data protection act etc...

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish you and @PenguinMum could join me! After all, if the guys do it, we certainly can! :)

Aw I can’t see it due to copyright restrictions or something. I get the idea though - I think I’ve mentioned Miranda Hart to you before - an English comedienne who does a lot of cantering and dressage, (also on YouTube)
We could start a communal cantering club.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aw I can’t see it due to copyright restrictions or something. I get the idea though - I think I’ve mentioned Miranda Hart to you before - an English comedienne who does a lot of cantering and dressage, (also on YouTube)
Agree I would be all up for that cantering about with you girls :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a mobile phone @Ryhia which I use to text with. The chemist do not communicate by text or mobile phone. The doctor's surgery send out texts to your mobile phone to remind you of appointments, but there is no provision to reply back to that text (or to send them an independent text on another matter), only a message saying telephone their landline if you cannot make the appointment. I can't telephone their landline with being deaf because I cannot hear it. And when I get a friend to telephone for me (assuming they are answering), they won't deal with her because she is not me and the data protection act etc...

It's a shame the doctor and chemist have not joined the 21st century. They should at least have TTY and/or TDD accommodation.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oh darn I'm sorry you can't see it. :( I will look for Miranda Hart.
Maybe if you search Men Doing Dressage on YouTube, it will show a copy you can watch.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh darn I'm sorry you can't see it. :( I will look for Miranda Hart.
Maybe if you search Men Doing Dressage on YouTube, it will show a copy you can watch.
well i gave google a little look, but this came up first.
maybe a suitable alternative..?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking more of a mincom type phone but then I think both contacts need the same type of phone.