What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for my daily painting challenge.
A digital painting done in a couple of painting apps on the iPad. Learning about new tools within the apps. Trying new stuff out. A couple of hours.

@Muddy Cyclist inspired me to try bluebells this morning.

So, bluebell woods it is!

View attachment 40348
Good depth and those Bluebell coulours are a devil to get right, well done.

Do you start with a photo you have taken as the base or straight onto blank screen? Not done much if any digital art so unsure how it works. I really must have ago I have several apps for my grandkids to use but not done much serious art with them.

Reactions: Ryhia and jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for my daily painting challenge.
A digital painting done in a couple of painting apps on the iPad. Learning about new tools within the apps. Trying new stuff out. A couple of hours.

@Muddy Cyclist inspired me to try bluebells this morning.

So, bluebell woods it is!

View attachment 40348
I really love this. It reminds me of the bluebell wood at Blickling Hall which we visit every year - but of course not this year.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.
J and I used to visit bluebell woods every year. And I have taken thousands of photo.
We also have lots of photos of the bluebells. After the walk around the bluebell woods we have coffee at the Muddy Boots Cafe at Blickling Hall. Mr K always has a sausage roll with his coffee.

Poppy and Archie love walking in the woods and the Muddy Boots Cafe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good depth and those Bluebell coulours are a devil to get right, well done.

Do you start with a photo you have taken as the base or straight onto blank screen? Not done much if any digital art so unsure how it works. I really must have ago I have several apps for my grandkids to use but not done much serious art with them.

I do it both ways. Depends on my mood.
If I start with the original photo as a base, I then smudge the colours so you cannot see the original photo but you have the areas of colours used in the original...if I want the original colours. And then I redesign the original photo (I know I don’t want it the same as the original photo, but the original was the inspiration) I want extra trees in, I want less trees in, I might take all the trees out. With putting the original colours in I can then copy those colours to the last few colours I have and then I can easily use the colours in the original photo. There is a way of saving your colour palette in some apps, but I haven’t for the life of me figured that one out yet. Also I have not liked my painting (often happens) and I blur the whole painting to something unrecognisable from the original photo, and create something completely different.

If I like the design of the original photo, then I put it on the blank page, I put a layer over it, draw the outlines I want. Then get rid of the original photo, then then I begin the painting from my outline and the blank white page.

Or I might just start with the blank white page. Create areas of colours, and work from there.

The only rule I have is to try something new in the tools settings each time.

It does take awhile for me to get into it. There is so much to learn. One thing is, the colours do not go muddy in the same way as real paints do. I finger paint all my pictures on the screen. I do have special screen brushes and pens, they cost me quite a bit overall, but I went back to just using my finger.

Hope this helps @Muddy Cyclist

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My little quote for today
FB_IMG_1542315579092.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do it both ways. Depends on my mood.
If I start with the original photo as a base, I then smudge the colours so you cannot see the original photo but you have the areas of colours used in the original...if I want the original colours. And then I redesign the original photo (I know I don’t want it the same as the original photo, but the original was the inspiration) I want extra trees in, I want less trees in, I might take all the trees out. With putting the original colours in I can then copy those colours to the last few colours I have and then I can easily use the colours in the original photo. There is a way of saving your colour palette in some apps, but I haven’t for the life of me figured that one out yet. Also I have not liked my painting (often happens) and I blur the whole painting to something unrecognisable from the original photo, and create something completely different.

If I like the design of the original photo, then I put it on the blank page, I put a layer over it, draw the outlines I want. Then get rid of the original photo, then then I begin the painting from my outline and the blank white page.

Or I might just start with the blank white page. Create areas of colours, and work from there.

The only rule I have is to try something new in the tools settings each time.

It does take awhile for me to get into it. There is so much to learn. One thing is, the colours do not go muddy in the same way as real paints do. I finger paint all my pictures on the screen. I do have special screen brushes and pens, they cost me quite a bit overall, but I went back to just using my finger.

Hope this helps @Muddy Cyclist
Thank you sounds great fun, must have ago.

I have started my daily painting, lots to do still and I finished the bottle of red wine from last night, should have lasted another two nights, perhaps a mistake, may not get much more done, we shall see.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 but libre reading lower towards the end of its 14 days. Very frustrated now as this is the 3rd sensor that this has happened with. I'm going to use my libre reader too next sensor. Am i bovered ? Nope. Bigger fish to fry. As the Bee Gees sing 'stayin' alive'. Thats my goal. Not bothered about trivial stuff.

Enjoying the lovely weather. Sitting outside with a brew from time to time. Also clearing out rubbish accumulated over the years. Feels fab. Had our daily walk along blackpool's beautiful promenade. Stunning views. Lots of photos taken. Struggling to upload for some reason. Technology! Not my day.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have made it through another boring day. I've just had a bowl of soup for late lunch/early supper. It wasn't want I wanted but it was here, paid for, and good. I'm glad I resisted going to the store for pizza or some other junk food.

I watched a video for cats with the KittenCat and saw some lovely birds. The only familiar one was an English robin so I guessed it was a UK video. There was a also a grey squirrel, but none of the other birds were familiar to me. I really liked one huge black and white bird, who came hopping up to the stump, twice as big as some of the other birds. Are there chickadees in the UK? The smallest birds in the video looked like black-capped chickadees.

The KittenCat is now sunbathing on the window sill and I am starting to feel settled in for the night. Another totally wasted day, but it's not as if I can do anything about it. I'm not the one who established the quarantine. :(

I wish any of you who are still awake a peaceful and restful night, and sweet dreams. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too am very concerned that he is okay, hope to see him posting again soon.

According to his profile, he last posted on this site last Wednesday morning. That post said he was taking a break from the board for awhile. Hopefully he is OK and just taking some time off from here.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have made it through another boring day. I've just had a bowl of soup for late lunch/early supper. It wasn't want I wanted but it was here, paid for, and good. I'm glad I resisted going to the store for pizza or some other junk food.

I watched a video for cats with the KittenCat and saw some lovely birds. The only familiar one was an English robin so I guessed it was a UK video. There was a also a grey squirrel, but none of the other birds were familiar to me. I really liked one huge black and white bird, who came hopping up to the stump, twice as big as some of the other birds. Are there chickadees in the UK? The smallest birds in the video looked like black-capped chickadees.

The KittenCat is now sunbathing on the window sill and I am starting to feel settled in for the night. Another totally wasted day, but it's not as if I can do anything about it. I'm not the one who established the quarantine. :(

I wish any of you who are still awake a peaceful and restful night, and sweet dreams. :)
I think the black and white bird could have been a magpie. They are quite large birds. We do have chicadees in the UK but we call them ****. The only ones I remember are blue **** and great **** - but there are others.

You did well to resist getting a pizza or some other junk food. Hope you and the KittenCat have a good night's sleep.

Edited because my post has been automatically changed. The birds are called t i t s. Blue t i t s and great t i t s. Hopefully I have outwitted the site.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
According to his profile, he last posted on this site last Wednesday morning. That post said he was taking a break from the board for awhile. Hopefully he is OK and just taking some time off from here.
Hopefully thats it and he isn't taking time off because he is feeling much worse.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed to complete my days Watercolour A4 second in my Woodland Series based on Wolfscote Dale Derbyshire where the white cliffs drop into the woods along the River Dove. From a photograph and sketch I did there in 2018.

Kept the painting method free and quick 45 minutes.
IMG_2925.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the black and white bird could have been a magpie. They are quite large birds. We do have chicadees in the UK but we call them ****. The only ones I remember are blue **** and great **** - but there are others.

You did well to resist getting a pizza or some other junk food. Hope you and the KittenCat have a good night's sleep.

Edited because my post has been automatically changed. The birds are called t i t s. Blue t i t s and great t i t s. Hopefully I have outwitted the site.

Thank you! :) I hope the big black and white bird was a magpie. I've read about them but never seen one. But he was much bigger than the other birds.
I think I saw 3 kinds of t i t s ;) , and I saw a jay, because I found him online. Lovely bird, though very different from our blue jays over here. I haven't seen a blue jay in a long time. We used to have plenty of them when I lived in houses with gardens, but I've never seen one since I've lived in this apartment building.

upload_2020-4-13_19-47-26.jpeg

Typical birds who would've been feeding in a US version of the video would have been the blue jay, chickadee, maybe a tufted titmouse, and one of my favorites, a cardinal.

h_a1_3725_3_northern-cardinal_carole_wiley_kk_adult-male-and-adult-female_0.jpg

We have robins, too, but I don't think they eat seeds. They eat worms, and suet, I think, if it's put in a holder for them.

web_h_americanrobin_03-16-2016-110-adult-male.jpg

A little while ago the KittenCat and I were lying on the bed together. She was watching more of the birds video and I was reading an e-book. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Managed to complete my days Watercolour A4 second in my Woodland Series based on Wolfscote Dale Derbyshire where the white cliffs drop into the woods along the River Dove. From a photograph and sketch I did there in 2018.

View attachment 40364

This is really beautiful and uplifting @Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 40364

This is beautiful. The cliffs look almost ghostly. Thank you for posting this.