What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's exactly what I feel about pork chops.
At least lamb chops are so small the inconvenience is soon over. Please don't tell me you like lamb chops- you are doing so well thus far - ignoring your very odd Montezuma's infatuation. Mr K certainly must be a soul of forbearance.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 but reading im guessing is lower than finger prick but tbh I can't be bothered comparing. Its not bothering me enough to check. New sensor going on soon and I'm going to use my libre reader AND my phone to investigate further.

Gorgeous day today. Shopping for FIL on the cards. Bit of outdoor painting. A long walk. Playing the piano. I'm very Les Dawson but practice makes perfect so they say.

Need to limit my news but I learn something interesting every day which feels my fire so I guess it will be LBC on and off, sky news too. Then catch up on my mobile in between. Driving me nuts really.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, I'm showing a 6.1 on the throttle with a 36.0 on the temp.

Thank you to those who enquired, that was kind of you, I stepped back only because my Aspergers can put me in a bad position if I get overwhelmed socially.

On the aspie forums, we are aware and have things in place to help, but on NT forums I can find myself getting banned quite easily for speaking out about things that may be normal to neurotypicals but **** annoying to the neurodiverse. It's why gaming can be an important control and release mechanism for many of us :angelic:

It's been a good week, I have spent time in the garden and we now have a new section of borders and two new beds all planted up. Her ladyship is most pleased and rewarded me with a gin and tonic evening in the garden :)

Health has improved nicely, I still get tired in the afternoon but that's what cat-naps are for, enjoy the day :)
Great to hear that you are definitely on the road to recovery and there were no nastier surprises. Enjoy your gaming. Keep safe.

Reactions: ianpspurs

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.1 yesterday and 4.3 today

lax in posting yesterday :sorry:
spent it mostly sorting out old paperwork, stripping out any that could be recycled and designating anything personal to go on the next garden bonfire or in the woodburner ;), got it half done so that's progress :)
In the process I found an old birthday card from my sister with the caption 'May your day be as beautiful as a unicorn f*rting rainbows' so I've kept that on my desk, seems like a worthy sentiment! ;):D
mr gee and I did get a pleasant walk around the village, whilst we were out we saw the police driving around, we think they were checking the car parks for mobile homes (we get a lot visiting most years), but everything was quiet.

We do expect to go over to mum's to check in with her, top up her logs and pick up her shopping list later this morning so soup is already made, I'm putting extra bacon in it to supplement the protein level ;)

Hope your day is as per the sentiment expressed above :hilarious:

@Muddy Cyclist - Two from the new series, I'm absolutely loving these works MC :joyful:

today's art catch up -
New watercolour paper had arrived so it's time to start getting used to water handling with it.
no 1 -Seemed logical to start with trying a bigger sized version of the tiny seascape, so it's slightly bigger than A5 and done with the Kuretake paints
upload_2020-4-14_9-23-15.jpeg

no 2 - another landscape/seascape painted with the Daler Rowney, It was inspired by the wintry landscape with snow on the hills across the Firth and the wind on the water, was quite pleased with the new paper.
upload_2020-4-14_9-25-44.jpeg

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.1 yesterday and 4.3 today

lax in posting yesterday :sorry:
spent it mostly sorting out old paperwork, stripping out any that could be recycled and designating anything personal to go on the next garden bonfire or in the woodburner ;), got it half done so that's progress :)
In the process I found an old birthday card from my sister with the caption 'May your day be as beautiful as a unicorn f*rting rainbows' so I've kept that on my desk, seems like a worthy sentiment! ;):D
mr gee and I did get a pleasant walk around the village, whilst we were out we saw the police driving around, we think they were checking the car parks for mobile homes (we get a lot visiting most years), but everything was quiet.

We do expect to go over to mum's to check in with her, top up her logs and pick up her shopping list later this morning so soup is already made, I'm putting extra bacon in it to supplement the protein level ;)

Hope your day is as per the sentiment expressed above :hilarious:

@Muddy Cyclist - Two from the new series, I'm absolutely loving these works MC :joyful:

today's art catch up -
New watercolour paper had arrived so it's time to start getting used to water handling with it.
no 1 -Seemed logical to start with trying a bigger sized version of the tiny seascape, so it's slightly bigger than A5 and done with the Kuretake paints
View attachment 40369

no 2 - another landscape/seascape painted with the Daler Rowney, It was inspired by the wintry landscape with snow on the hills across the Firth and the wind on the water, was quite pleased with the new paper.
View attachment 40370
Love the paintings, especially the second one with the hills in the distance.

Reactions: jjraak and SaskiaKC

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...getting very lazy these days with no routine lots of things being left...cant possibly catch up with all the posts on this thread it moves at such a fast pace...it seems we are all in one piece lest try to keep it that way...the weekend had glorious weather kittens in and out all a slight breeze but freezing here this morning...woke to a 6.8 temperature 35.55 all good for me there...off to brew the magic elixir hoping to get more done this week...keep safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope your friend gets the help she needs which I am sure she will. Around here the vets arent all open but take it in turns but you can always get help and I am on the Hants/West Sussex border.
My next door neighbours, a couple in their early 70s have an awful situation developing. She is displaying all the symptoms of dementia, in the last week has been wandering off, walked 3 miles to her old birth home where her brother lives a few days ago, she is regularly wandering into our garden and on Sunday tried to follow me into the house. So now I have to leave the back door locked where it would normally be open in fine weather. If it wasnt for the CV lockdown this wouldnt bother me but she has no awareness of social distancing. Her husband is distraught but of course we cannot help. He phoned the Dr who said atm they cant have any testing done. I advised him to get back to the Dr and explain how bad things are, maybe mild sedative could be prescribed. I think he might have underplayed the situation. He said its been coming on for a year, with some confusion and forgetfullness. We wonder if the current worrying situation has accelerated her condition. Very sad.
My friend cannot get through to her vet, no one answering. She is trying other vets now.
Your poor neighbours. And poor you with social distancing being vitally important.
Can you lock your gate? Put a padlock on for the moment or tie it up with string (leaving a note for postman to drop letters over the gate/hedge/etc just for the moment).

Just a thought...

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At least lamb chops are so small the inconvenience is soon over. Please don't tell me you like lamb chops- you are doing so well thus far - ignoring your very odd Montezuma's infatuation. Mr K certainly must be a soul of forbearance.
You will be pleased to know that I don't like lamb chops either, but I do love leg of lamb and shoulder o of lamb.

Mr K is being very industrious - at the moment he is painting the downstairs loo. I am still lounging in the conservatory - reading and drinking coffee and feeling a little bit guilty for being so lazy.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, I'm showing a 6.1 on the throttle with a 36.0 on the temp.

Thank you to those who enquired, that was kind of you, I stepped back only because my Aspergers can put me in a bad position if I get overwhelmed socially.

On the aspie forums, we are aware and have things in place to help, but on NT forums I can find myself getting banned quite easily for speaking out about things that may be normal to neurotypicals but **** annoying to the neurodiverse. It's why gaming can be an important control and release mechanism for many of us :angelic:

It's been a good week, I have spent time in the garden and we now have a new section of borders and two new beds all planted up. Her ladyship is most pleased and rewarded me with a gin and tonic evening in the garden :)

Health has improved nicely, I still get tired in the afternoon but that's what cat-naps are for, enjoy the day :)
Good post, glad to read that the gaming helped

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's exactly what I feel about pork chops.
I love a good pork chop but it’s a bit of a faff to get a nice crispy skin without murdering the meat. I always get mine from the butchers - nice and fat rather than the poor skinny excuses in supermarkets without the bone or even the skin.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post 5.9. I bought extra thick cream by mistake - it is unfortunately very delicious - especially on raspberries. So - of course - I am back on too much cream for good fbs.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love a good pork chop but it’s a bit of a faff to get a nice crispy skin without murdering the meat. I always get mine from the butchers - nice and fat rather than the poor skinny excuses in supermarkets without the bone or even the skin.
That's interesting - I find pork chops so dry and tasteless. Are your butcher's pork chops tender?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You will be pleased to know that I don't like lamb chops either, but I do love leg of lamb and shoulder o of lamb.

Mr K is being very industrious - at the moment he is painting the downstairs loo. I am still lounging in the conservatory - reading and drinking coffee and feeling a little bit guilty for being so lazy.
Shoulder of lamb is good - leg?:arghh::arghh::arghh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nooooooooo!
I won't hear a word agin Mr K, sir. Forsooth, even now the righteous man is daubing the jakes while his good lady nonchalantly quaffs coffee. Now withdraw your peculiarly odd - is it dialect?- slur on the noble soul like a good chap or my seconds will be round the instant lockdown ends.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently, I need to aspire to be like MLK , Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, ElonMusk and Greta Thunberg (Tintin?) so T M Lewin can sell me 4 shirts for £60 (no segrass cotton included you cheapskates). Methinks their cashflow feels the fierce urgency of now. Clever little add though (Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg. Proper style)

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-14_10-42-0.png
    upload_2020-4-14_10-42-0.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and Ryhia

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's interesting - I find pork chops so dry and tasteless. Are your butcher's pork chops tender?

I think pork chops need to be thick (3/4 to 1 inch) - and on the bone.
My four step method:
1. Brine for about an hour or so. It won’t taste salty. Then remove, pat dry, rub with a bit of oil and season. Meanwhile stick your oven on to about 200C and put a pan (skillet) in to heat up.
2. Remove hot pan using oven gloves and onto a med-hot ring. I then use lockable tongues to sear the fat first then about 3 minutes each side, no more. Turn the heat down and switch a vent on if it gets smokey.
3. Put pan back into hot oven for 6 -10 minutes - testing after 6 - centre of meat should reach 60C.
4. Remove once happy - baste with juices and cover for 5 minutes before serving.
Bit of a faff but I don’t mind.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think pork chops need to be thick (3/4 to 1 inch).
My four step method:
1. Brine for about an hour or so. It won’t taste salty. Then remove, pat dry, rub with a bit of oil and season. Meanwhile stick your oven on to about 200C and put a pan (skillet) in to heat up.
2. Remove hot pan using oven gloves and onto a med-hot ring. I then use lockable tongues to sear the fat first then about 3 minutes each side, no more. Turn the heat down and switch a vent on if it gets smokey.
3. Put pan back into hot oven for 6 -10 minutes - testing after 6 - centre of meat should reach 60C.
4. Remove once happy - baste with juices and cover for 5 minutes before serving.
Bit of a faff but I don’t mind.
Must be where I am going wrong - may have to take a note and try this. Thank you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Much prefer pork shoulder steaks much more juicy.
Agree but that sets the bar pretty very low. At least go with (very) large spare ribs or belly pork before moving on to hand and spring joints. Thanks for the tips @dunelm - I will dare to dream over #porkchopgate. Enjoyment of lamb chops and leg of lamb will remain forever a mystery to me. I do like mint sauce though.

Last edited: