What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Truly ingenious and very off grid - good for you. Meanwhile, shopping from my sofa continues to be too tempting. Following the 5 kgs of Hellmans Mayo triumph (4.1 @ + 2hrs for liberally coated h/m coleslaw last night) this is today's foray - https://wildgamemeat.co.uk/. We have bought the Elk and Deer sausages before - which I loved. Added the pork jerky and this dinky morsel https://wildgamemeat.co.uk/collecti...-smoked-skilandis-1-kg?variant=29387591745619

Thank you.

Your shopping looks good!

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
13-04-2020
7.05am FBG 5.0
Plan for the day. , much like yesterday. More digging. Planting, and potting on.
But I will start with clearing up the kitchen, made a fresh batch of nut granola very late last night and didn't do the washing up. So that's first. Food processor makes the job so much quicker and easier.
On a slightly different topic have started measuring cream into my coffee, because it seems to be disappearing at a phenomenal rate. Am using one tablespoon per cup.

and NO 5.0 would be complete with a McGarrett

so drum roll please.....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So here is yesterdays painting, should be today's as I painted finished it at 1.45 am today.
Watercolour A4 first in the Woodland Series, inspired by some woods we walked through with Moet, no BlueBells yet but soon will be, so a little artistic license. Took about 1hour 15 minutes and I tried to keep my free style.

View attachment 40334

as always in admiration of just how good your pics are and gobsmacked at how little time it seems to take you.

a great pic. nice feel well captured
could almost be laying down have a picnic there...nice.:)

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
UK
the awful news yesterday OMG.

unbelievable how bad this has got
with worse to come..:banghead:

FBG of little importance right now, but we do our best,
to keep it all normal.

temp 35.6

both me and Lauren well
learned today one of my nephews wife's brother.
got it ...laid up ...but now recovery thank god.

she's in a care home situation, so nephew a bit of a conspiracy theorist,
is keeping a lid on it for now, for her sake.., and he's still working
so a prayer for him

Lauren now officially furloughed until the end of April.

For those in the same boat, Seems the terms can be as short as firms like as long as its at least 3 weeks and staff can be rotated in and out of furlough
as long as above rules are applied.

with the news trickling in that the vaccines is likely to be 12/18 months away, at best
(although others, are seemingly going to test without full approval on volunteers..so god willing..god bless those volunteers)
it's seeming likely.. IF we get the peak soon, she might be considering going back to work next month.

We all have to at some point go back to near normal, expectation is 80% will get this (passport office guidance to staff )
and just hope the time we have bought, bring the best chance of great medical care, better drug regimes , the re-purposing of other drugs etc, and the appearance of a working vaccines of sorts.

Sunny but not such a great day today.

Just while i have the chance..and today seems as good a day as any.

it has been MY pleasure being amongst you all.
although we have disagreed, the tone has always been respectful.
and i made many new friends in my time on here,

So am most grateful for the info, camaraderie, but most of all the humour.
the titters, the chuckles and the full on belly laughs...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::D

You guys should all know the part you played in my recovery,
i wear my heart on my sleeve, and while i try not to wound
(and where i have have done it without intending to...i did it with the best of intentions )

i just wanted to take the opportunity, to say ..THANK YOU, for being there for ME.
I hope i was there for YOU.

You ALL, in your own unique, quirky lovable ways, have made this journey evolve from a personal tragedy
into a well informed and successful rescue mission.

Where i too now, take on the missionary duties to go tell others
"T2D does NOT have to BE the disease they insist it is."
awake, listen, and you too could find a way out.

i follow your lead, to get others to challenge, dare and manage this disease in the best way possible using today's data of success,
not yesterdays dogma of proven failure.

if not forever in my posts , you'll be forever in my heart.

Live Long & Prosper
you beautiful people of the thread of Gold.
x
Moving and brave post. Made me think of this

BTW, anyone know what happened to @OrsonKartt while we are on the subject of moving and brave?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Moving and brave post. Made me think of this

BTW, anyone know what happened to @OrsonKartt while we are on the subject of moving and brave?

sure we all have strengths and weaknesses, but brave it wasn't, honestly

but i do thank you for the compliment

i like to play a straight bat , but i also play to my strengths

i'm a gobby little S***.(.there ya all go..before anyone else wonders if they should say it..:hilarious:..)

Cocky, some might say....years of talking to people from all walks of life.
i am happy chatting to all and sundry

but i have my weaknesses as do we all.

i know that i say it as it IS.. too often for some peoples liking.
though i normally let others get on with whatever it is they take passionately.
But i DO take on board whats a round me, and when i believe .. i stand up too.

i do try to temper that, because i know we all see the world through a different Prism

so brave, no.
But i can't be somebody else, so i can only be the best ME i can.

That just makes me honest, and sometimes stupid...
but better to have loved and lost type thing..;)

but i do like it could be brave...:D (but really it's not, that's just me being err,.. me..:wacky: )

Good song too.:D

as for @OrsonKartt ..nope not seem him on my limited travels across the boards
hope he is well, liked his take on things.

take care yourself.
& stay well.

Reactions: dunelm and Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Easter Monday, everyone. FBG 7.1 on a lovely sunny morning, with no sign of the continued tornadoes that were predicted yesterday and the day before.

The fearmongers have been at it again. They may be able to control humans through fear but they can't control the weather, thank the Lord! Last night they were talking about The Attack of the Killer Tornadoes with winds up to 70mph ohmygoodness!!!!!
We got a couple of rolls of thunder and a few flashes of heat lightning. Then, a few hours later, some heavy rain, but not even the moth who had taken shelter on my window screen was blown away.
These days, if they can't terrify the populace with rain they will attempt to do so with fire risk. "It's not raining so the air is dry so there could be FIRES!!!!!"
Anything to keep the rabble roused, I think the fearmongers are as stir-crazy as they've made the rest of us so they're stirring up more craziness.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So here is yesterdays painting, should be today's as I painted finished it at 1.45 am today.
Watercolour A4 first in the Woodland Series, inspired by some woods we walked through with Moet, no BlueBells yet but soon will be, so a little artistic license. Took about 1hour 15 minutes and I tried to keep my free style.

View attachment 40334

Lovely. I love the sunlight you painted. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning Saskia meant to tell you how much I like the new avator of the KC. If the KC was on Linked In (maybe she is !!!) thats the pic she would choose. Alert and smart!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning Saskia meant to tell you how much I like the new avator of the KC. If the KC was on Linked In (maybe she is !!!) thats the pic she would choose. Alert and smart!!

Thank you. :)
How are you and Bobs and Daisy?
I'm sorry for Mrs Fuzz missing out on the seed. Maybe Mr Fuzz should take a turn sitting on the eggs (if any) and let her have a turn at the food.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :)
How are you and Bobs and Daisy?
I'm sorry for Mrs Fuzz missing out on the seed. Maybe Mr Fuzz should take a turn sitting on the eggs (if any) and let her have a turn at the food.
We are all fine thanks. No mice so far today but it is a public holiday ;)
Yes agree Mr Fuzz is a bit selfish with his lady. She doesnt come to the table till he is finished and by then all the seed is gone!

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are all fine thanks. No mice so far today but it is a public holiday ;)
Yes agree Mr Fuzz is a bit selfish with his lady. She doesnt come to the table till he is finished and by then all the seed is gone!

It would be nice if you could throw her a "hen" party, no c*** pheasants invited.
But then Daisy and Bobs would want to come, and -- public holiday or not -- Bobs would have a field(mouse) day!

I remember being in England one Easter Monday, traveling from Cambridge to Gatwick, and Gatwick to West Sussex ... and the whole of the following day spent exploring the woods. :)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for my daily painting challenge.
A digital painting done in a couple of painting apps on the iPad. Learning about new tools within the apps. Trying new stuff out. A couple of hours.

@Muddy Cyclist inspired me to try bluebells this morning.

So, bluebell woods it is!

7AFEB989-BDC6-4851-8823-1ADC81EE226B.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be nice if you could throw her a "hen" party, no c*** pheasants invited.
But then Daisy and Bobs would want to come, and -- public holiday or not -- Bobs would have a field(mouse) day!

I remember being in England one Easter Monday, traveling from Cambridge to Gatwick, and Gatwick to West Sussex ... and the whole of the following day spent exploring the woods. :)
You know her so well.