Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I cooked a fairsized portion of brown rice with a few Brussel sprouts and Dunn's River jerk seasoning yesterday evening at 16:31 Hours with 1 cup of Sainsbury's Basmati Brown Rice, a tiny bag of Brussel sprouts, 3 cups of water, 1 dessertspoonful of table salt, and 1 teaspoonful of Dunn's River jerk seasoning. It was delicious and the brown Basmati Rice was even better than the white one. My blood glucose level was very good this morning and read 6.7 millimoles per litre on my True You blood glucose monitor.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I cooked a fairsized portion of brown rice with a few Brussel sprouts and Dunn's River jerk seasoning yesterday evening at 16:31 Hours with 1 cup of Sainsbury's Basmati Brown Rice, a tiny bag of Brussel sprouts, 3 cups of water, 1 dessertspoonful of table salt, and 1 teaspoonful of Dunn's River jerk seasoning. It was delicious and the brown Basmati Rice was even better than the white one. My blood glucose level was very good this morning and read 6.7 millimoles per litre on my True You blood glucose monitor.
Whoop whoop! Look at you, WOW. Fantastic creative cooking @JohnnyBaker87. You hv definitely got this now. Your experimenting has given you new confidence eh?
You are brilliant. Well done. Keep sharing your meal recipes here if it helps hun.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Fasting blood glucose level:- 6.3.

Breakfast:- Low-carb Toast cut into little quartered triangles. The ingredients for this breakfast are 2 slices of low-carb multi-seeded Hovis bread.

Luncheon Midday Meal:- Aspie salad with scrummy vinegar. The ingredients for this luncheon Midday Meal are 4 Iceberg Lettuce leaves, 1 thinly sliced vine tomato, thinly sliced juicy cucumber, 6 halved radishes, 1 finely chopped raw red onion, 1 chopped spring onion, 1 finely chopped celery stick, 1 pinch of table salt, a few twists of finely ground black pepper and a good, hearty shake of malt vinegar.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
16:05 Hours:- Evening Meal. Jerked chicken thighs and brown rice which contain the following ingredients:-

(1) 2 small chicken thighs
(2) 1 teaspoonful of Dunn's River jerk seasoning
(3) 1 small cup of Sainsbury's brown Basmati Rice
(4) 2 small cups of water
(5) 1 pinch of salt.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Friends,

I'm really well and healthy and Coronavirus and COVID-19 free but I had a very hyperglycaemic blood glucose level today of 14.3 millimoles per litre.

I've been having food products delivered by the kindness and compassion of my nice little evangelical church run by the charity the London City Mission who support struggling, Disabled and disadvantaged people of the Christian faith.

I think I didn't pray emphatically enough with discernment when I included a lot of complex carbohydrates in my list for the Pastor like starchy cereals, white bread and ready meals which contain glucose and sodium and very high sugar fruit water-dilutable squashes.

I've not failed entirely on the Low-carb diet, however, because I've been eating boiled egg salads with raw onion, peppers and radishes and beetroot and have even incorporated Brussel sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower into my dietary repertoire.

I'm praying all the time for wisdom and self-control and enough discipline to adhere to and comply by DebraSue's kind advice many posts ago on Type 2 Life when she was still a member of the Diabetes Forum.

I'm praying for scientific wisdom from above to counteract the effects of this dreadful virus that is plaguing God's children worldwide, too.

God bless you all in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, our Risen Lord and Happy Easter.

Fond regards, Mr John David Baker sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger's Syndrome and adult ADHD.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dear Friends,

I'm really well and healthy and Coronavirus and COVID-19 free but I had a very hyperglycaemic blood glucose level today of 14.3 millimoles per litre.

I've been having food products delivered by the kindness and compassion of my nice little evangelical church run by the charity the London City Mission who support struggling, Disabled and disadvantaged people of the Christian faith.

I think I didn't pray emphatically enough with discernment when I included a lot of complex carbohydrates in my list for the Pastor like starchy cereals, white bread and ready meals which contain glucose and sodium and very high sugar fruit water-dilutable squashes.

I've not failed entirely on the Low-carb diet, however, because I've been eating boiled egg salads with raw onion, peppers and radishes and beetroot and have even incorporated Brussel sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower into my dietary repertoire.

I'm praying all the time for wisdom and self-control and enough discipline to adhere to and comply by DebraSue's kind advice many posts ago on Type 2 Life when she was still a member of the Diabetes Forum.

I'm praying for scientific wisdom from above to counteract the effects of this dreadful virus that is plaguing God's children worldwide, too.

God bless you all in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, our Risen Lord and Happy Easter.

Fond regards, Mr John David Baker sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger's Syndrome and adult ADHD.
Great to hear your well. My London friends are ok too.
I'm dreading any bad news as not able to attend funerals of any of my very very dear friends I left to migrate back to hometown. I do miss them all and the good days especially.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Woke this morning with loads of side pain. I suspect gallbladder attack. If I wasn't fearful of all the anxiety waiting to be seen at A&E I'd get myself down there. I'm more comfortable at home, if there is any comfort to have. I'd rather be at home. At least I can hv distraction of family til it passes. Fingers crossed.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi Vicky hope your pain has now gone . Ron has started taking cbd oil . He’s been on it for three weeks now . Not noticed any change yet but it’s only early days . A few weeks ago Ron had some bad news his mum phoned to say that one of his uncles has died from the corona virus. Needless to say Ron was very quiet for the rest of that day. He’s been trying to keep himself busy in the garden with all this good weather . Also Ron hasn’t lost any weight for months (12 stone dead). Yet none of his trousers fit him anymore . He bought a new pair last year and hasn’t worn them until now . He’s having to wear a belt . When we got them they fitted perfect .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm so sorry to hear about@ickihun, @eldergarth and@tina_marie. I am really praying for you all. My blood sugar was 15.3 this morning. I was late in the week taking my Dulaglutide injection.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm so sorry to hear about@ickihun, @eldergarth and@tina_marie. I am really praying for you all. My blood sugar was 15.3 this morning. I was late in the week taking my Dulaglutide injection.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
It is now Saturday 18th April 2020 Anno Domini in the afternoon and I'm cooking organic white rice with a few cardamom pods (green) and some fresh sea salt. I'll add jerk seasoning to it when it is done. I've got to watch my carb intake I know but I love spicy rice. It is the nicest thing ever to eat. I feel as fit as a fiddle today, though.

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning to all my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the http://www.diabetes.co.uk Forum,

I orally administered all my morning prescriptive medication this morning and did my washing up and meticulously swept the kitchen, sitting room and bedroom areas of vinyl flooring in my one-bedroomed council flat. I also had a nice, cool glass of orange squash with my tablets.

mtc2300

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my latest cholesterol results.

upload_2020-4-20_13-16-31.png

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I had five beetroots, two fat juicy spring onions, four shredded wheat and a mug of Nescafé coffee with Coffeemate and three teaspoonfuls of granulated sweetener.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thx @JohnnyBaker87. You know how to influence your bgs. I trust you to know what's best for yourself.
I appreciate you are trying your best.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@tina_marie that painful episode was treated with 4hrly dihydrocodeine and fizzy paracetamol. Then a sleep and then sipped drinks or fruit yogart.
I'm looking forward to a grocery shop next week containing my favourite proteins. I'm bored with chicken, for now.
Has Ron been treated go any surprised cullunary experiments or are you both trying to stick to mainly the same reliable meals? I wouldn't blame you as easier to think whem doing the same. Especially when shopping for ingredients.
Little one has tried peanuts/mixed nut spread on toast. More reason to get schools reopened.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron gets his meals from Wiltshire farm foods. He can pick what he wants and gets them delivered . He’s back on boring cereals for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. Last Saturday he had a cf flare up , spent the whole day in bed asleep. Sunday he wasn’t much better but is now recovered until the next time . With the good weather he’s spending it in the garden . Today he’s planting out his strawberries.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Ron gets his meals from Wiltshire farm foods. He can pick what he wants and gets them delivered . He’s back on boring cereals for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. Last Saturday he had a cf flare up , spent the whole day in bed asleep. Sunday he wasn’t much better but is now recovered until the next time . With the good weather he’s spending it in the garden . Today he’s planting out his strawberries.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I am in the knowledge that my fasting blood glucose level is now 8.2 millimoles per litre, today on Saturday 25th April 2020 Anno Domini at this current timescale of thirteen minutes past seven o'clock ante meridian British Summer Time.