Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, hopefully a brighter day than yesterday. Mine started well on a 4.1, hope yours does too, and that the sun shines and you all stay well or get better very soon.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that Mei - fingers crossed it’s mild and swift, that’s the ideal for all of us.

Woke up hypo AGAIN, so need to make some more tweaks today. Stay safe everyone x

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hope it’s a mild version @MeiChanski and you get away with nothing more than a bit of discomfort. Your bf will be isolating now - did he get tested too - so look after each other.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Thank you for your well wishes, I indeed didn’t go in to that beautiful large tesco because I felt quite unwell after the test. Bf is the same as me in terms of test results but his symptoms is little to none. I’m grateful that I did go for the test because manager wanted me back in work and I wouldn’t have known. My best friend has sent me articles about covid19 likes to mask itself (I initially thought it was hayfever and then a cold)
My blood sugars haven’t been bad as well so I didn’t think corona was there.

Me: I still can’t smell or taste atm. Manager: oh that’s okay. Until I said I’ve been tested positive, they’ve left me alone now

Reactions: kev-w

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

Thank you for your well wishes, I indeed didn’t go in to that beautiful large tesco because I felt quite unwell after the test. Bf is the same as me in terms of test results but his symptoms is little to none. I’m grateful that I did go for the test because manager wanted me back in work and I wouldn’t have known. My best friend has sent me articles about covid19 likes to mask itself (I initially thought it was hayfever and then a cold)

Me: I still can’t smell or taste atm. Manager: oh that’s okay. Until I said I’ve been tested positive, they’ve left me alone now
@MeiChanski hope you and BF soon feel ok

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hello friends,

Big hugs @MeiChanski take care of yourself

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just checking in at the end of the day, for a change!

A full day of detailed proof-reading and peering at computer screens (yes, it was both my laptops in use for the task in hand, as well as two reference books and a couple of other booklets) has been today's excitement. Then I decided a gentle evening watching a couple of old episodes of Doc Martin rather than pootling around the internet. I clearly know my undiagnosed diabetes signs - I was yelling at the screen about blood glucose, ketones and DKA well before the penny dropped with anyone else.

Now just to ponder the "weekend"... Sighs, and dreams of long walks, coffee shops, meals out, wandering into a shop without having to queue. Ah well, maybe I'll have an idea by the morning! Good night all.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checking in at the end of the day, for a change!

A full day of detailed proof-reading and peering at computer screens (yes, it was both my laptops in use for the task in hand, as well as two reference books and a couple of other booklets) has been today's excitement. Then I decided a gentle evening watching a couple of old episodes of Doc Martin rather than pootling around the internet. I clearly know my undiagnosed diabetes signs - I was yelling at the screen about blood glucose, ketones and DKA well before the penny dropped with anyone else.

Now just to ponder the "weekend"... Sighs, and dreams of long walks, coffee shops, meals out, wandering into a shop without having to queue. Ah well, maybe I'll have an idea by the morning! Good night all.
Glad I’m not the only one although I’m very often shouting ‘cut down on carbs’ or ‘bananas are not good for T2 diabetics’!!

Reactions: hh1 and Japes

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all you lovely humans,
Oxford is looking good, well my garden's brill in the sunshine and feel really lucky to have it. I agree with you @Japes about the thoughts of going out, imagine what you'd feel if you were sent to prison.

Late afternoon yesterday I started yawning at the TV and thought it a bit odd, quick prick showed 2.6, I really overestimated the number of carbs in the socca pizza I made. Gram flour is the "new normal"... hate that phrase.
I'd eaten tortillita de camarones and then bought my first lot of chickpea flour in Cadiz so I could make these lovely, little prawn fritters at home, great success. When ordinary flour disappeared from the pantry, I decided to buy some Gram flour that the supermarket was clearly keen to get rid of and found lots of recipes for socca (French), Farinata (Italian) and lots of great uses for the flour and is cheap if you've got an Indian shop nearby. What would I do without the cosmopolitan mix of Cowley Rd and the great shops?

It is Saturday so have a lovely day.:D:D

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 4.5 waking and am sat having a fresh coffee pondering whether to have Weetabix for 1st course breakfast as a change to porridge, but the porridge has been soaking since last night so I'll probably stick with that :) I've some plastering to do this morning and I'm planning to cycle later this aft once I've done my work and washed the tools up.

It certainly doesn't feel like a Saturday...

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke on 6.4, that'll do. Am taking my exercise today walking my dog in a local field you can hire for sole use for a fixed period as it's completely secure. They tightened up procedures for Covid so there's a half hour gap between each booking. I can only walk Mattie on a long lead at the moment as she chases scent - and animals and birds - and will not come back on command when she starts to follow scent. Her hunting instinct is unfortunaately incredibly strong and I'm working on her all the time, but I do want her to be able to get a good run. I'm lucky enough to have a large garden but it's certainly not acres, which this place is. We'll see how we get on.

Hope you all have a good Saturday (I agree @kev-w, doesn't feel like one - in fact no day feels like any particular day any more) with fine weather and steady bgs.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, up on a 4.4 which quickly rose to 5.9 and now 7.1. Thanks, liver. Working a late shift today, so having coffee before turning myself into a six foot wheelie bin. Been doing 3-4 8hr shifts a week so far, but have been offered a temporary three month full-time contract starting on Monday, transporting recovering corona patients from critical care to “step-down” hospitals to continue their convalescence. That’ll be 11hr shifts, so much more like the 12hr ones I would be doing on the emergency ambulance. I’ve got a carabiner strap thing for my smart watch, so can hang it somewhere in the vehicle and still run my pancreas. All silicone so easy to disinfect after. Going to be interesting...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all. It was younger daughter’s 40th yesterday, so we added a cake to the shopping list for when our lovely neighbour braved the aisles. She chose a supremely chocolately one, bliss! I added candles and lit them for the birthday FaceTime - pretend blowing out from the Midlands, and husband ‘magically’ snuffed them out of shot this end.
Up in the East Midlands daughter’s birthday woodland walk included their muddy labrador rolling in poo, pulling daughter over when it spotted a cat, spraying daughter with mud and stinking the house out when they got back. Dog and daughter had a shower and dog splattered the walls, the tiles and daughter with more diluted mud and poo during the cleansing.
A memorable birthday! The dog was hanging it’s head in shame and relegated to a corner for the entire FaceTime. I’ve never before seen it looking so effectively chastised.
We enjoyed our slices of birthday cake VERY MUCH. (53g carbs per 100g cake so not an OTT treat at all.)
Bloods remained good. Rain but a nice walk during a break in the weather, hardly anyone else about.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
PS, younger daughter had already decided to remain 39 until it’s possible to have a proper party

Reactions: kev-w and Japes

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Thank you for your well wishes again, I’m doing okay atm. Symptoms come and go but diabetes remains okay, not terrible.

Reactions: kev-w