1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, hopefully a brighter day than yesterday. Mine started well on a 4.1, hope yours does too, and that the sun shines and you all stay well or get better very soon.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ArtemisBow

ArtemisBow Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Mei - fingers crossed it’s mild and swift, that’s the ideal for all of us.

Woke up hypo AGAIN, so need to make some more tweaks today. Stay safe everyone x

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hope it’s a mild version @MeiChanski and you get away with nothing more than a bit of discomfort. Your bf will be isolating now - did he get tested too - so look after each other.

5. Fairygodmother

• Like Like x 3
  6. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends,

Thank you for your well wishes, I indeed didn’t go in to that beautiful large tesco because I felt quite unwell after the test. Bf is the same as me in terms of test results but his symptoms is little to none. I’m grateful that I did go for the test because manager wanted me back in work and I wouldn’t have known. My best friend has sent me articles about covid19 likes to mask itself (I initially thought it was hayfever and then a cold)
    My blood sugars haven’t been bad as well so I didn’t think corona was there.

Me: I still can’t smell or taste atm. Manager: oh that’s okay. Until I said I’ve been tested positive, they’ve left me alone now

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@MeiChanski hope you and BF soon feel ok

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Big hugs @MeiChanski take care of yourself

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Just checking in at the end of the day, for a change!

A full day of detailed proof-reading and peering at computer screens (yes, it was both my laptops in use for the task in hand, as well as two reference books and a couple of other booklets) has been today's excitement. Then I decided a gentle evening watching a couple of old episodes of Doc Martin rather than pootling around the internet. I clearly know my undiagnosed diabetes signs - I was yelling at the screen about blood glucose, ketones and DKA well before the penny dropped with anyone else.

Now just to ponder the "weekend"... Sighs, and dreams of long walks, coffee shops, meals out, wandering into a shop without having to queue. Ah well, maybe I'll have an idea by the morning! Good night all.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Daphne917

Morning all from a sunny but very quiet Somerset.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daphne917

Glad I’m not the only one although I’m very often shouting ‘cut down on carbs’ or ‘bananas are not good for T2 diabetics’!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy your day

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all you lovely humans,
    Oxford is looking good, well my garden's brill in the sunshine and feel really lucky to have it. I agree with you @Japes about the thoughts of going out, imagine what you'd feel if you were sent to prison.

Late afternoon yesterday I started yawning at the TV and thought it a bit odd, quick prick showed 2.6, I really overestimated the number of carbs in the socca pizza I made. Gram flour is the "new normal"... hate that phrase.
    I'd eaten tortillita de camarones and then bought my first lot of chickpea flour in Cadiz so I could make these lovely, little prawn fritters at home, great success. When ordinary flour disappeared from the pantry, I decided to buy some Gram flour that the supermarket was clearly keen to get rid of and found lots of recipes for socca (French), Farinata (Italian) and lots of great uses for the flour and is cheap if you've got an Indian shop nearby. What would I do without the cosmopolitan mix of Cowley Rd and the great shops?

It is Saturday so have a lovely day.:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  14. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning, 4.5 waking and am sat having a fresh coffee pondering whether to have Weetabix for 1st course breakfast as a change to porridge, but the porridge has been soaking since last night so I'll probably stick with that :) I've some plastering to do this morning and I'm planning to cycle later this aft once I've done my work and washed the tools up.

It certainly doesn't feel like a Saturday...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, woke on 6.4, that'll do. Am taking my exercise today walking my dog in a local field you can hire for sole use for a fixed period as it's completely secure. They tightened up procedures for Covid so there's a half hour gap between each booking. I can only walk Mattie on a long lead at the moment as she chases scent - and animals and birds - and will not come back on command when she starts to follow scent. Her hunting instinct is unfortunaately incredibly strong and I'm working on her all the time, but I do want her to be able to get a good run. I'm lucky enough to have a large garden but it's certainly not acres, which this place is. We'll see how we get on.

Hope you all have a good Saturday (I agree @kev-w, doesn't feel like one - in fact no day feels like any particular day any more) with fine weather and steady bgs.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning all, up on a 4.4 which quickly rose to 5.9 and now 7.1. Thanks, liver. Working a late shift today, so having coffee before turning myself into a six foot wheelie bin. Been doing 3-4 8hr shifts a week so far, but have been offered a temporary three month full-time contract starting on Monday, transporting recovering corona patients from critical care to “step-down” hospitals to continue their convalescence. That’ll be 11hr shifts, so much more like the 12hr ones I would be doing on the emergency ambulance. I’ve got a carabiner strap thing for my smart watch, so can hang it somewhere in the vehicle and still run my pancreas. All silicone so easy to disinfect after. Going to be interesting...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Fairygodmother

Good morning all. It was younger daughter’s 40th yesterday, so we added a cake to the shopping list for when our lovely neighbour braved the aisles. She chose a supremely chocolately one, bliss! I added candles and lit them for the birthday FaceTime - pretend blowing out from the Midlands, and husband ‘magically’ snuffed them out of shot this end.
    Up in the East Midlands daughter’s birthday woodland walk included their muddy labrador rolling in poo, pulling daughter over when it spotted a cat, spraying daughter with mud and stinking the house out when they got back. Dog and daughter had a shower and dog splattered the walls, the tiles and daughter with more diluted mud and poo during the cleansing.
    A memorable birthday! The dog was hanging it’s head in shame and relegated to a corner for the entire FaceTime. I’ve never before seen it looking so effectively chastised.
    We enjoyed our slices of birthday cake VERY MUCH. (53g carbs per 100g cake so not an OTT treat at all.)
    Bloods remained good. Rain but a nice walk during a break in the weather, hardly anyone else about.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Fairygodmother

PS, younger daughter had already decided to remain 39 until it’s possible to have a proper party

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fairygodmother

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends,
    Thank you for your well wishes again, I’m doing okay atm. Symptoms come and go but diabetes remains okay, not terrible.

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook