Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Thank you for your well wishes again, I’m doing okay atm. Symptoms come and go but diabetes remains okay, not terrible.

Hi Mei,

Good to hear from you.
Are you guys getting supplies delivered OK?

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
That’s a relief that you haven’t got a blood sugar storm as well as Covid Mei. Hope it remains fairly mild!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting day..
Finished off the patio, pathing & second patio side of the house Pointing. Just need to do the top path.
Then hit the hedge..

Got sent a video of my 13 year old niece doing some "JK Rowling" style story involving an arrival at a boarding school where she plays all the characters, with some clever cutting & costume changes?
& possibly my younger sister disguising her hight as a "film extra." Or playing the rear end "stand in" for the benefit of the dialog?
All I can think of is things must have got so bad at my sister's house during lockdown. They're "cloning" the kid & think it's Pinewood studio.. :hilarious:

It's "to be continued." It could go in any direction. "Dickensian drama" or Alien chest burster... :D

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just participated in my very first zoom meeting. Quite an experience, everyone telling the one who was trying to fix dodgy tech, with son’s help, to shut up while someone else was talking, wondering why another chose to dim the lights after half an hour but carry on participating, noting the different colours of the liquids in wine glasses, railroaded by Brian cat hogging the screen: very much an old ladies’ get together.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just participated in my very first zoom meeting. Quite an experience, everyone telling the one who was trying to fix dodgy tech, with son’s help, to shut up while someone else was talking, wondering why another chose to dim the lights after half an hour but carry on participating, noting the different colours of the liquids in wine glasses, railroaded by Brian cat hogging the screen: very much an old ladies’ get together.

You've done better than me. I wandered into a social Zoom meeting I'd been invited to, but left very quickly - it's an organisation I have some involvement with but don't know many other people so it didn't feel comfortable. I'm trying again later today with a different group of people for a different purpose. It's a "Can't say I don't like it if I don't actually try it" kind of argument I'm having with myself.

I also have a horrid suspicion I may have to do something of a video for students soon as the tutor I mainly work with is looking to do some online video lessons for them to access as well as the home learning packs being sent out every 3 weeks at the moment. It's not something we'd done so far given the nature of our students and the fact they all need 1:1 support with anything other than finding their favourite YouTube clips (so, no guarantee there would be computer access at home or someone to help easily! Actually, for some of them, I doubt they have home access to the kind of specially adapted keyboards or monitors they use at college. )

For a change of sitting down activities next week, I have dug the old family history files out of their hiding place for a massive sort out. It's been a good 15 years since I last did anything serious to it, so inevitably there have been changes in that time, one new lot of census information for access and another lot due soon. Some of the younger family members have been taking an interest in some of it as well, I gather, so some of what I've got only on paper would be good to get onto the computer version at last. Though, those spreadsheets will probably need upgrading as well... I haven't gone down the line of a genealogy software though I might look into it at some point.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone did a drive by of the grandsons yesterday lovely waves and blow kisses miss them so much have a good day everyone looks like it going to be another nice day today

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, grey & mizzly here, not enticing me out early. Woke up on an 8 for some reason (having been woken at 4.30 am by a dog needing to go out! Goodness only knows what she ate in the garden yesterday...) so adjusted for that and trying to persuade myself to go out soon. Yesterday's experiment in the enclosed field was okay; she really needs one of her friends to run around with but that's not on right now as it involves more than one household using the field which is currently not allowed. So not bad, but as with anywhere new, a lot of the time at first is spent with her nose to the ground.

Hope you all woke on good levels and that they stay that way. @MeiChanski hope you start to feel better very very soon!

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, more bindweed to murder today. Its guerrilla tactics aren’t poster-on-the-wall fit, unlike Che Guevara. Hoping the heavy clay soil will have dried out a bit since yesterday, but either way digging the stuff out’s a good muscle building sugar lowering task. And a brilliant excuse to have more than one break watching the fish and birds, cup of tea in hand, bare feet in the grass, ginger biscuit in the tum.
4.5 on waking but a late meal last night and a bit more Fiasp than usual to bring bloods in line.
Reading the sometimes (often?) debatable reporting in today’s papers, I’m wondering what category a 70 yr old T1 should put herself into when lockdown’s eased. Decided any decision I make will be led by Sir David King’s YouTube show.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, up with the lark this morning, awoke on double figures, but that figures, after yesterday's numbers or river deep,. I had a lovely afternoon walk in the sunshine and then it all went pair shaped, but staying in today.
Daughter and I have been playing Cluedo, it was great fun and then we had a pizza delivery, Friday night, £ 5 offer's, so we had a lovely veggie pizza each.
Daughter owed me £4 so all I had to give her was £1, her face was a picture, she thought I had forgotten lol :hilarious: bless her :D and last night she did all of the washing up too ( I made meatballs) she did a fab job too, so Top Banana award to her :happy::angelic:
Stay safe everyone and take good care :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, more bindweed to murder today. Its guerrilla tactics aren’t poster-on-the-wall fit, unlike Che Guevara. Hoping the heavy clay soil will have dried out a bit since yesterday, but either way digging the stuff out’s a good muscle building sugar lowering task. And a brilliant excuse to have more than one break watching the fish and birds, cup of tea in hand, bare feet in the grass, ginger biscuit in the tum.

Sounds like a brilliant excuse FG, so have a good day and a safe one too :)

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke to a 4.7, chuffed with that. I’m wondering what category I should put myself into also if lockdown eases - it’s actually been a bit simpler the last 6 weeks because EVERYONE had to do the same thing, whereas I can imagine it’s going to be a bit vague. Particularly if eldest goes back to preschool, as that’s always a hub of germs etc. But I wouldn’t want her to not go for my sake, she’s really missed her friends. Oh well, wait and see what happens.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning. 5.9 after a long hard day yesterday, but today's going to be a chilled out one whilst I catch that little fella :p
IMG_0497.jpg

Reactions: karen8967 and Japes

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I have been able to get a delivery slot from Tesco for today. I’ve been okay for the most part, just a tad high but not dangerously high. I don’t know if I’m getting better though, it’ll be my 10th day today. I can also confirm that it does give you stomach trouble. So I understand why people are hoarding toilet paper.
I’m more worried about my bf, his symptoms aren’t as dramatic as mine and the residents. My bf keeps reminding me that someone at the care home has it and doesn’t know so that’s why I feel rubbish.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and happy Mondays, decorating and cycling for me, or once I've fixed the bike once again, I put a new bottom bracket on last week (the spinney round bit your pedals fit to) and the front rings appear to have moved inwards slightly, but like myself it's not getting any younger :p

Fuzzy head from a waking 3.2 on the libre although I'll have been a little higher than that...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning. The first view from the bedroom window this morning was Brian Cat’s appreciation of all my veg bed clearing work yesterday. “She’s made me a new luxury lavatory,” says he, then comes in and decorates the clean bedding with muddy paw prints. Nice work Brian.
Basal needs flopping about a bit; reduced yesterday but 3.4 on waking. Not too bad, give it another day or two to see how it goes.
I see the over-70s Lockdown Rebellion’s gathering steam but I’m still going to wait and see what Sir David King says.
I expect nurseries will be among some of the last children’s places to open @ArtemisBow, but again, wait and see. It’s sad that your daughter, and so many others, is missing meetings with friends!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke a bit high and again I don't know why, fixed after breakfast though and currently on a 4.3 after a decent walk. Stopped to chat over the gate to the man who empties the poo bins in the car parks of the wood where I walk. thanked him for what he does and that he's still doing it, and he told me his wife and two adult children (still at home) are all front-line workers. I hope all these people know that they're appreciated all the time, not just now. The world doesn't revolve without them, but I think some folk don't even notice them.

Hope you all have a good day, stay safe, and feel better if you're poorly.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke a bit high and again I don't know why, fixed after breakfast though and currently on a 4.3 after a decent walk. Stopped to chat over the gate to the man who empties the poo bins in the car parks of the wood where I walk. thanked him for what he does and that he's still doing it, and he told me his wife and two adult children (still at home) are all front-line workers. I hope all these people know that they're appreciated all the time, not just now. The world doesn't revolve without them, but I think some folk don't even notice them.

Hope you all have a good day, stay safe, and feel better if you're poorly.
hi hh1 my bloods start rising from about 4am every morning regardless i take 2 units of insulin as soon as i wake up which seems to work but i have also noticed if i dont eat breakfast they start rising again but if i eat breakfast they stay stable the mysteries of the dreaded d :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi hh1 my bloods start rising from about 4am every morning regardless i take 2 units of insulin as soon as i wake up which seems to work but i have also noticed if i dont eat breakfast they start rising again but if i eat breakfast they stay stable the mysteries of the dreaded d :)
Thanks @karen8967, not so long ago I reduced my overnight basal as I kept waking hypo. I only cut it by 1u which seemed to work - except for when it doesn't! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ah, the wonderful somogyi effect followed by Dawn phenomenon? Isn’t the endocrine system wonderful, unless one part of it has crashed and burned! I suspect the som and the dawn are two names for the same thing. My bloods always rise a bit if I get up to go to the bathroom in the early hours, but then they realise it’s a false alarm and settle down again. However, they get a lovely liver boost when I do get up. We’re your ancestors farmers, getting up in the early hours to milk the cows and bequeathing you a lovely epigenetic gift?