What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

spent part of the morning trying to construct pleated masks, lots of patterns available, all slightly different :sorry: I've managed one anyway so mr. gee will be cheered ;)

We've also strimmed up the side of the road outside our garden and cleaned up around the flower tub on the corner, it's been a lovely day here so far although our forecast says that the sunshine will be gone by early evening and the next few days will be colder and wetter.

Bought some 'reduced' strawberries that were on their sell by date yesterday thinking that mum might like some, won't be doing that again, they are Spanish and nowhere near as nice or fruity as the Scottish ones usually are when they start to appear. Perhaps they will be improved by some full fat greek yoghurt ;), (many things are :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

today's art catch up - still working on trees and foliage
upload_2020-5-7_16-22-31.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 today

spent part of the morning trying to construct pleated masks, lots of patterns available, all slightly different :sorry: I've managed one anyway so mr. gee will be cheered ;)

We've also strimmed up the side of the road outside our garden and cleaned up around the flower tub on the corner, it's been a lovely day here so far although our forecast says that the sunshine will be gone by early evening and the next few days will be colder and wetter.

Bought some 'reduced' strawberries that were on their sell by date yesterday thinking that mum might like some, won't be doing that again, they are Spanish and nowhere near as nice or fruity as the Scottish ones usually are when they start to appear. Perhaps they will be improved by some full fat greek yoghurt ;), (many things are :hilarious:).

View attachment 41155
I like the depth in this very much @geefull

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My pastel painting
I did it on rather rough coarse paper. A bit too rough for the small size it was.
We have a few planes going across the sky as you can see one...
It is so nice to see no aeroplanes most of the time. But I still get the airbus maybe a couple of times a day. And night time craft.

About an hour this took.

5B2475FA-765E-41ED-8A0C-3BD11A4CEE00.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

View attachment 41155
Nothing wrong with the tree or foliage to my eyes. Stunning artwork.

Reactions: Ryhia and jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My pastel painting
I did it on rather rough coarse paper. A bit too rough for the small size it was.
We have a few planes going across the sky as you can see one...
It is so nice to see no aeroplanes most of the time. But I still get the airbus maybe a couple of times a day. And night time craft.

About an hour this took.

View attachment 41156

i normally like all the art coming out of this thread
but sometimes one or two stand out a little bit more.

5b2475fa-765e-41ed-8a0c-3bd11a4cee00-jpeg.41156

and that is one.

it's quite dramatic, the storm clouds seemingly rolling in on a summers days,
the Contrails on the clear blue sky still visible..

seems to me, you packed a lot in on a small page, as you say
and rather effectively......bravo

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coming back to @Muddy Cyclist
and the utter ineptitude of this governments handling of this crisis.

told a few of the problem, many gob smacked after all the govt propaganda about how everyone can get tested..yet they can't reach 'capacity' since the mass send out of test kits to matt Hancocks mum

have you posted that on twitter, seesm the suggestion.?
am told twitter was originally for business to head of a torrent of complaints and react to bad publicity asap
should work for govt too.

if MP's too busy to bother replying, maybe the guardian ?
they still seem to be one of the few questioning most of the BS pumped out ?

Hancocks half hour tonight provided yet more proof, they have little grasp on reality.

so after a day of "the lock down is over", thanks to bumbling Boris
and his unclear guidance to ministers, aka leadership

we now have Raab saying the lock down goes on unchanged.

.....until sunday,

A reporter reasonably querying the mixed messages as,
we can NOT sunbathe on sunday, but could (possibly ) on monday..:rolleyes:

and that information is being delivered in the shape of a "State of the Union address" from Prez Bumble.

NOT in parliament?

Where it should, i would argue, get the gravitas and discussion it deserves.

As i last read the seat of democracy IS parliament.
seems only right THEY get the news first and get to question the data and strategy,

Is it any wonder so many are losing faith ?

the Scots say NO way ..Not yet..nice and clear
(not a fan of sturgeon, but she's a giant compared our un-elected president)

the welsh feel excluded from the 4 nations strategy..and say no way too..nice and clear.

and it's causing concerns in the NI, and perhaps creating unnecessary friction
at a time when harmony is most needed.

us ..we get get Boris Pollard, trying to repopulate the uk single handed,.. "yeah, but no, .. "

Once again the govt fail to react to the concerns of citizens..
(schools shut, football stopped, not because of the govt
people / businesses made the right calls... Govt meekly followed...
but first allowed Cheltenham and the Liverpool v Madrid game :banghead:)

Airports now saying masks and gloves to be used when flying.
yet ours are still considering if masks are useful :rolleyes:,

....like everything else, slow... slow.... slow.

here's my tip..masks will be the order of the day on buses trains and in supermarkets
ignore what Boris says, listen to sturgeon, the welsh assembly even the NI assembly.
almost anyone else in fact.

they have this.
as do so many other countries

Ours..sadly don't.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coming back to @Muddy Cyclist
and the utter ineptitude of this governments handling of this crisis.

told a few of the problem, many gob smacked after all the govt propaganda about how everyone can get tested..yet they can't reach 'capacity' since the mass send out of test kits to matt Hancocks mum

have you posted that on twitter, seesm the suggestion.?
am told twitter was originally for business to head of a torrent of complaints and react to bad publicity asap
should work for govt too.

if MP's too busy to bother replying, maybe the guardian ?
they still seem to be one of the few questioning most of the BS pumped out ?

Hancocks half hour tonight provided yet more proof, they have little grasp on reality.

so after a day of "the lock down is over", thanks to bumbling Boris
and his unclear guidance to ministers, aka leadership

we now have Raab saying the lock down goes on unchanged.

.....until sunday,

A reporter reasonably querying the mixed messages as,
we can NOT sunbathe on sunday, but could (possibly ) on monday..:rolleyes:

and that information is being delivered in the shape of a "State of the Union address" from Prez Bumble.

NOT in parliament?

Where it should, i would argue, get the gravitas and discussion it deserves.

As i last read the seat of democracy IS parliament.
seems only right THEY get the news first and get to question the data and strategy,

Is it any wonder so many are losing faith ?

the Scots say NO way ..Not yet..nice and clear
(not a fan of sturgeon, but she's a giant compared our un-elected president)

the welsh feel excluded from the 4 nations strategy..and say no way too..nice and clear.

and it's causing concerns in the NI, and perhaps creating unnecessary friction
at a time when harmony is most needed.

us ..we get get Boris Pollard, trying to repopulate the uk single handed,.. "yeah, but no, .. "

Once again the govt fail to react to the concerns of citizens..
(schools shut, football stopped, not because of the govt
people / businesses made the right calls... Govt meekly followed...
but first allowed Cheltenham and the Liverpool v Madrid game :banghead:)

Airports now saying masks and gloves to be used when flying.
yet ours are still considering if masks are useful :rolleyes:,

....like everything else, slow... slow.... slow.

here's my tip..masks will be the order of the day on buses trains and in supermarkets
ignore what Boris says, listen to sturgeon, the welsh assembly even the NI assembly.
almost anyone else in fact.

they have this.
as do so many other countries

Ours..sadly don't.

I don’t listen to the reporters questions - I can’t be bothered with folk whose brain wouldn’t fit into a teaspoon.
Sturgeon - I met her once, she opened the first school that I had in Scotland (Morningside, Glasgow) when I pretended to work for a living. Interesting character. Not quite Jean Brodie but similar accent.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is today's painting the first of my Last Light of the day series. Watercolour. I intend making the foreground darker but need it to dry first, so not quite finished. Based on a walk we did through Bluebells yesterday evening with our dog Moet.

IMG_3076.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i normally like all the art coming out of this thread
but sometimes one or two stand out a little bit more.

5b2475fa-765e-41ed-8a0c-3bd11a4cee00-jpeg.41156

and that is one.

it's quite dramatic, the storm clouds seemingly rolling in on a summers days,
the Contrails on the clear blue sky still visible..

seems to me, you packed a lot in on a small page, as you say
and rather effectively......bravo

Thank you very much for all those compliments @jjraak
It was half of an A4 sheet of paper, and I hadn’t thought it was all that good.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So here is today's painting the first of my Last Light of the day series. Watercolour. I intend making the foreground darker but need it to dry first, so not quite finished. Based on a walk we did through Bluebells yesterday evening with our dog Moet.

View attachment 41164

I like this very much with the dark trees giving added depth. Feels nice and cool by those trees.

Thank you for the compliments of my cloud pastel, and the rough paper working.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this very much with the dark trees giving added depth. Feels nice and cool by those trees.

Thank you for the compliments of my cloud pastel, and the rough paper working.
Thank you, this is again a sketch watercolour, I now have three solid ideas and will use them to produce the finished works.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.4
At 5am

Temp 36

Watching the dawn.
A bit of pink.
Clear blue skies again.
Where have all the clouds gone?

The nasty tom cat is obviously not risking my wrath this morning. And the blackbirds are freely going to and from their nest.

The police are out in full force here to check people are only doing essential journeys. All because this, where I live, is the border between England and Wales. And apparently will be issuing fines according the Flintshire gov alerts I had last night.

Right, a cuppa.

Then out to do my pastel painting...

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 today, going down since yesterday.

Another sunny start to today, virtual family meal this evening, have still my creation to do for the family competition of 'House Cat' must get cracking.

Yesterday evening we baked the loaf from the ready mixed ingredients that @ianpspurs had posted a few weeks ago, here is a picture of how it turned out, will be tasting it for breakfast with bacon, hope its as good as it looks....
IMG_3077.JPG

Continue to Observe and cherish the passing of time, take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. A (hay fever affected?) 5.5 on the Tee 2 (5.6 from the Libre) neither of which please me much but no surprise there. @gennepher congratulations on that fbg. @Muddy Cyclist I hope the bacon sandwich is as good as you are hoping. The bread is very soft so needs cutting carefully, we use(d) a machine and I can sometimes detect an apricot taste but a BLT would hide that nicely (Pastrami and tomato works well). So much to remember/commemorate today. Julian of Norwich, VE Day, 7 years since both my parents died. Stay well. stay safe make all the bunting you want but Don't Quit http://www.yourdailypoem.com/listpoem.jsp?poem_id=1820

Last edited:
Reactions: dogslife

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those awake at 6:45am.

A 7.3 this morning, yesterday a 5.2 oh the variables in the diabetic equation.

Today is a day where we must remember those who gave their lives, but not forgetting those who survived and the sacrifices they also made. Mrs J has made some bunting and has festooned the dining room window with said bunting.
Well folks, stay well, stay home and for many hugs where required.
Now a controversial statement " long live the lockdown " I am now running for cover hehehehe.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
08-05-2020
6.05am FBG 4.9
Sensible dinner at a sensible time, one glass of wine, two of water, late night, Oh why not? Extra inch of wine.
@Muddy Cyclist Hugs for the continued worry about MIL
You will probably be disappointed to read that the plan is to mow the orchard this week. Maybe even this weekend. Many of the orchids have set seed and it is those we are trying to preserve. However, the less desireable goosegrass, nettles and brambles are begining to make a comeback. A large part of the wild area was completely covered with brambles and nettles four years ago. It takes a lot of work to keep it " wild" as opposed to "Weeds". There are young trees, will be mowing paths between them and leaving some long still. This gives access for nettle and bramble culling. Photo to follow, once the job is done.
@gennepher My father produced a small booklet, which is somewhere in the boxes, containing many of his mothers stories about her childhood. There are even a few photos. Sadly, the more modern version, a taped interview, of my mothers mother, has been lost. It was made for a school project by my children. My Nana was then a hundred years old, and confused about some things, including her age. The final question was "How old are you?"
Nana: "I'm so old I've forgotten"
Child: "You're one hundred years old"
Nana: "Nah, I'm not THAT old !"

Typing this I can hear her voice again. Thirtyodd years later.